Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179458Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2018, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Our bass player has one of those vape things and he always has the flavours that smell like the Man from Del Monte’s farts, stinks our band room out!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th April 2018, 04:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Our bass player has one of those vape things and he always has the flavours that smell like the Man from Del Monte’s farts, stinks our band room out!
So many questions that need to be asked regarding this post.
Old 15th April 2018, 04:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Mines smell good

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th April 2018, 04:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Mines smell good

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Farts or vapes?
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 15th April 2018, 04:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Farts or vapes?
A bit of a and a lot of b
*actually all of b*
Old 15th April 2018, 05:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Bone Yard (1991)

Directed by James Cummins, perhaps most famous for being one of the main make-up artists on The Thing, The Boneyard (as it appears on the opening credits) follows a couple of policemen who, along with the medical examiner, are confused by the mummied corpses of three children in the local morgue, affectionately known as the titular boneyard.

In an effort to solve what seems like an unsolvable puzzle, they enlist the help of Alley, a woman with an uncanny ability to mentally 'see' images and events from objects she holds. When the ME, who has quarantined himself with the corpses, agrees to send a hair sample upstairs from the morgue to the ground floor of the police station, Alley thinks the children are not young humans, but demons created during a black magic ritual in ancient China.

After a first half which is very heavy on exposition and includes scenes are the two cops talking at length in a corridor, the second half turns into a funny and involving a zombie (I use the term advisedly) movie with great use of atmosphere, some good shocks and model work which is similar to that seen in The Evil Dead and Braindead. It's probably best that I don't say any more in case you want to buy the 88 Films Blu-ray and watch it without knowing any major plot details, but any film which involves very creepy zombie children, a massive zombie dog which wouldn't have looked out of place in Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and even an innovative use of a fork lift truck.

It's no zombie classic and certainly isn't as funny or self-referential as the films mentioned above or something like Re-Animator, but I thought it was, particularly in the last act, great fun and I'm watching it now with the commentary by James Cummins and producer Richard F. Brophy.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 15th April 2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 15th April 2018, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Whatever Happened To Monday (2017, Tommy Wirkola)
Modern scifi can fall into two camps I find ... intelligent stuff like Equals and Ex Machina or popcorn like Gravity and Oblivion. This is just camp . Seen Orphan Black? Well Tommy thought he could do better. It's up to you to decide as I got rather bored with this admittedly decent premise ... something in the execution faltered for me ... ho hum.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th April 2018, 05:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Dead One (1961)

In New Orleans a businessman and his estranged cousin who performs voodoo rituals, wrestle to gain control of the family plantation.

An American regional production, one of the first zombie films to be filmed in colour. The Dead One can't ever be described as scary or indeed horrific - there are far too many rambling scenes of bands playing in Bourbon Street clubs to create much of an atmosphere, in fact i think there's about twenty minutes of this sort of stuff throughout the films meagre 68 minute run time - but the ritual scenes and the shuffling, rotting zombie remain quite effective.

For a once thought lost and very obscure film the print is in good condition, but i can only really recommend this as a curiosity rather than a must-see early zombie film.

Old 15th April 2018, 06:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can't fault your review D ... as that's what it is ... an oddity worth seeing the once (imo )

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th April 2018, 06:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The Rock is what’s keeping me off watching it
Its the only reason I watched it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!