Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2018, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Killer Mermaid 2014

Two American girls on holiday visit a island meet up with some friends some friends and explore a abandoned building with something lurking beneath.

This was one heck of a truly great masterful blockbuster movie from Yugoslavia...if you believe that then you will believe I'd be the next James Bond star.

The start of the movie started out good like any other horror teens making out and slight teaser of the Mermaid and made it interesting, then you get people exploring an area that's not on the map.

The special effects are good and unexpected twists and turns with some flaws that are laughable this does help to watch and pass the time 5 out of 10.
Old 25th April 2018, 09:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Killer Mermaid 2014

Two American girls on holiday visit a island meet up with some friends some friends and explore a abandoned building with something lurking beneath.

This was one heck of a truly great masterful blockbuster movie from Yugoslavia...if you believe that then you will believe I'd be the next James Bond star.

The start of the movie started out good like any other horror teens making out and slight teaser of the Mermaid and made it interesting, then you get people exploring an area that's not on the map.

The special effects are good and unexpected twists and turns with some flaws that are laughable this does help to watch and pass the time 5 out of 10.
I didn't mind Killer Mermaids. Enjoyed Franco Nero's elongated cameo.
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th April 2018, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
It was a clip for a film and was asking if anyone knew the film

I eventually found what the film is here a trailer for it

Has anyone seen it, it looks ridiculously garbage and Ott but entertaining all the same

That's Enthiran. It's a Bollywood film. Reviewed it a while back cough

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th April 2018, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't mind Killer Mermaids. Enjoyed Franco Nero's elongated cameo.
His appearance in the movie did save it a bit, the guy is a movie legend.
Old 26th April 2018, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't Look Now 1973

After the death of their daughter John and Laura Baxter travel to Venice for a working holiday. Laura befriends two sisters one who is blind and has psychic abilities and tells Laura her daughter is happy but things turn darker.

This is the first time i have seen this movie all the way through and enjoyed it very much.

Donal Sutherland and Julie Christie give out great perfomances as the grieving couple that we feel sympathy for at their loss and attempt to greive over.

What starts over as a drama thriller type slowly turns into a psycholigical thriller as John believes his wife to be ill and not thinking straight or is it himself who hasn't got over the death and dwells on his work and is everyone around him playing mind games along with a serial killer.

The film is shot at a wandering easy pace that sets up the tone of the movie with perfect suspense added in for the darker tone and sinister implications that do leave us with possible mind games being played. 10 out 10.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 26th April 2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 26th April 2018, 06:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’m one of the few people who thinks Don’t Look Now is extremely overrated
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th April 2018, 07:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m one of the few people who thinks Don’t Look Now is extremely overrated
No, seen it before and watched again around 2 week ago its good but don't think its that great.
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2018, 07:56 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Punisher (1989)

A crap Punisher film, but a quite entertaining Ozploitation actioner.

*** out of *****

The Hangover (2009)

I've never seen the sequels, I've heard they're shite, but this first film is a brilliantly made comedy.

**** out of *****

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

I loved every minute of it. THE best MCU film.

**** out of *****

Please Stand By (2017)

A warm, touching, and smart character study drama laced with subtle humour, and featuring a great central performance from Dakota Fanning as Wendy. Whether you're a Trekkie or not (I'm certainly not), the story can appeal to all fanboys/fangirls, and Wendy's identification with Spock, due to her Asperger syndrome and the Star Trek character's inability to express emotions, is a brilliant connection.

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 26th April 2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
The Punisher (1989)

A crap Punisher film, but a quite entertaining Ozploitation actioner.

*** out of *****

The Hangover (2009)

I've never seen the sequels, I've heard they're shite, but this first film is a brilliantly made comedy.

**** out of *****

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

I loved every minute of it. THE best MCU film.

**** out of *****

Please Stand By (2017)

A warm, touching, and smart character study drama laced with subtle humour, and featuring a great central performance from Dakota Fanning as Wendy. Whether you're a Trekkie or not (I'm certainly not), the story can appeal to all fanboys/fangirls, and Wendy's identification with Spock, due to her Asperger syndrome and the Star Trek character's inability to express emotions, is a brilliant connection.

***1/2 out of *****

off too see infinity war this weekend going in with low exceptions because of the level of hype and mostly positive reviews. also going to start a marvel marathon doubt ill finish before seeing new film
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th April 2018, 10:48 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
off too see infinity war this weekend going in with low exceptions because of the level of hype and mostly positive reviews. also going to start a marvel marathon doubt ill finish before seeing new film
Is this Downey Jr's last film as Iron Man before they replace him with someone younger whose a worse actor or most likely a woman?

Like this? Share it using the links below!