Cult Veteran
Good Trader

7.5/10

6/10

6/10

7.5/10

7/10

7/10

With seeing infinity war tomorrow decided to rewatch the other marvel films. Finished phase one.
Old 27th April 2018, 07:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m so far behind on my Marvel films that for me to watch Infinity War I’d have to watch about 8 films first, think I’ll wait for the UK TV premier
With this video, you might feel to catch up in under nine minutes!

Rik, Justin101, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 27th April 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Is Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in this new Avengers film?
Old 27th April 2018, 07:56 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’m so far behind on my Marvel films that for me to watch Infinity War I’d have to watch about 8 films first, think I’ll wait for the UK TV premier
I'm behind by choice. I gave up around Ironman 3.

I could happily never watch another MCU film as long as I live.
Old 27th April 2018, 08:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Infinity War today, along with my son who is almost 4 & who has never seen another marvel picture. He loved it & sat glued to the screen for two and a half hours! It is the best marvel film yet, does not stop for breath & very downbeat considering the target audience! The script is fast & funny, no awkwardness like Avengers 2.

Please note that I'm just 2 films behind (missed thor 3 and black panther) but could work out the gist of it. My son was a bit confused as to who's who as everyone looks the same out of costume, he specifically confused Thor & Dr Strange as they both have red capes, fly & have beards. Then again, starlord looks like tony stark & captain america now has a beard so all the main ones do look the same to somebody who hasn't followed this for 10 years.

Long story short, if you like superheroes just go and see it, a solid gold masterpiece!

10/10

(and yes I am aware that people are going to hate this, but it is pure escapeism!)
Old 27th April 2018, 10:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm behind by choice. I gave up around Ironman 3.

I could happily never watch another MCU film as long as I live.
The first Avengers film was very good, the second less so, Civil War was also decent but the less said about Spiderman Homecoming the better, oh yeah and Doctor Strange was so far up it's own mystical arse it was practically unwatchable.

Watch the DC series Gotham instead. It pisses all over the Marvel Universe from a great height. And i mean a great height, similar to the one Demoncrat photographs his dog from.
Old 27th April 2018, 11:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gotham is good for sure.

There are some gems in the marvel catalogue though. Really liked Guardians of the Galaxy 1, and like the first Thor's thespy Branagh influence.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 28th April 2018, 05:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

It was after the disappointing Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World that Marvel Studios stepped up their game, and would produce some of their best work.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is still their greatest standalone film, with Guardians of the Galaxy following very closely. Ant-Man is their most underrated effort. Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming (the best Spidey film after Sam Raimi's second), Thor: Ragnarok (one of their most endlessly entertaining films), and Black Panther are all great. Avengers: Infinity War is their epic crowning achievement.

I think Marvel is a studio that has learned from their mistakes. They got off to a slow start, as other than the excellent first Iron Man, it wasn't until the first Avengers that they would produce something on the same level again (although, they came close with Captain America: The First Avenger). DC should've taken note.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 28th April 2018, 06:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There are 18 films in the MCU and I've seen 2 and wasn't too impressed with either. 18 films is just way too much of a commitment for a series that probably has another 18 films to come.
keirarts likes this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 28th April 2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 28th April 2018, 07:33 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
There are 1 films in the MCU and I've seen 2 and wasn't too impressed with either. 18 films is just way too much of a commitment for a series that probably has another 18 films to come.
There's way more than 18 films to come. Marvel will produce as long as their output continues to be critically and commercially successful. They haven't always got it right, they've stumbled sometimes, but more often than not they put out a winner. Seeing just two of their films isn't enough to judge their body of work, especially if you watched a couple of their lesser efforts.
keirarts likes this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Like this? Share it using the links below!