Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 19th December 2012 09:53 PM

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. A series reboot which is fun, full of action and may be better than the previous 3 Raimi films. Recommended.

Rik 19th December 2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 303933)
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN. A series reboot which is fun, full of action and may be better than the previous 3 Raimi films. Recommended.

I took my eldest boy to watch this, we both loved it and I've bought him it on blu ray for chrimbo, can't wait to watch it again over the holidays

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303935)
I took my eldest boy to watch this, we both loved it and I've bought him it on blu ray for chrimbo, can't wait to watch it again over the holidays

Sounds like you bought it for yourself but put his name on the tag

Rik 19th December 2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303936)
Sounds like you bought it for yourself but put his name on the tag

Busted :pound:

gag 19th December 2012 09:57 PM

Can't believe the new film with Tom cruise jack reacher they are already working on the sequel and franchise even before the film been officially released,

mr 420 19th December 2012 10:08 PM

Demi, is Nick Adams from Die, Monster, Die the same Nick Adams from the Toho masterpeice Invasion of the Astro Monsters? I'm too lazy to look up Wiki.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 303938)
Can't believe the new film with Tom cruise jack reacher they are already working on the sequel and franchise even before the film been officially released,

I look forward to this. Nice to have an action movie without sodding superheroes for a change.

Rik 19th December 2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 303940)
Demi, is Nick Adams from Die, Monster, Die the same Nick Adams from the Toho masterpeice Invasion of the Astro Monsters? I'm too lazy to look up Wiki.

Sure is

Nick Adams - IMDb

JoshuaKaitlyn 19th December 2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303923)
A Hammer film I somehow missed,it borders on parody,all the men seem to be playing fops and dandies while channeling the spirit of Kenneth WILLIAMS,while the women are either simpering or predatory lesbians,all that was missing was BABS Windsor and her bra flying antics.

Attachment 94111

Big fan of Hammers Karnstein trilogy, but this is the weakest of the three. The 'Strange Love' song halfway through and Yutte Stensgaard's crosseyed gurning at the camera didn't help!:mmph:

Rik 19th December 2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303941)
I look forward to this. Nice to have an action movie without sodding superheroes for a change.

No it just stars a Hobbit instead

VicDakin 19th December 2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 303943)
Big fan of Hammers Karnstein trilogy, but this is the weakest of the three. The 'Strange Love' song halfway through and Yutte Stensgaard's crosseyed gurning at the camera didn't help!:mmph:

I enjoyed it,but then again I found staring at Yutte Stensgaard breast's took my mind off any of it's short falls,mind you I use this method in most things in my life.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 303940)

Sure is mr 420.

Thats what forums are for, making others do the leg work so you don't have to. :lol:

VicDakin 19th December 2012 10:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 303943)

It just struck me who Yutte Stensgaard looks like

Attachment 94114Attachment 94115

Rik 19th December 2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303949)

Yutte's got nicer tits though :spy:

mr 420 19th December 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303948)
Sure is mr 420.

Thats what forums are for, making others do the leg work so you don't have to. :lol:

What's Mr Adam's performance like in D,M,D?

VicDakin 19th December 2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303950)
Yutte's got nicer tits though :spy:

true and Nookie could certainly do with a Brazilian while we at it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 303952)
What's Mr Adam's performance like in D,M,D?

He's ok really. His name meant nothing to me when i watched it. (Actually it still doesn't;))

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303949)

No she doesn't. :tongue1:

mr 420 19th December 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303953)
true and Nookie could certainly do with a Brazilian while we at it.

Wasn't he in Bear Behind Bars? :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 303956)
Wasn't he in Bear Behind Bars? :)

:doh::loco::clap: The jokes are getting worse around here.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303944)
No it just stars a Hobbit instead

You saying Cruise has big hairy feet? ;)

VicDakin 19th December 2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303957)
:doh::loco::clap: The jokes are getting worse around here.

actually I thought that was an improvement.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303959)
actually I thought that was an improvement.

So did i but i don't want his head getting too big. :nod:

JoshuaKaitlyn 19th December 2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303955)
No she doesn't. :tongue1:

I have to agree with VicDakin! That made me laugh!:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 303963)
I have to agree with VicDakin! That made me laugh!:lol:

Look Joshua, you're quite new here :tsk: :lol:

Its rule 7 of Cult Labs - You never agree with Vic Dakin. ;)

VicDakin 19th December 2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303965)
Look Joshua, your quite new here :tsk:

First Contact - Red Alert - YouTube

Rik 19th December 2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303965)
Look Joshua, your quite new here :tsk:

Right after rule #6 Don't feed him after midnight!

VicDakin 19th December 2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303967)
Right after rule #6 Don't feed him after midnight!

GGGrrrrrrrr :pound:

Scanners (1981) Head Explosion Shot - YouTube

Rik 19th December 2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 303969)

This is what I imagine Stephen looks like when a steelbook arrives damaged :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th December 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303970)
This is what I imagine Stephen looks like when a steelbook arrives damaged :lol:

Or you after the postman fails to deliver your ZFE each day.

Rik 19th December 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303971)

Very true :lol:

Hawkmonger 20th December 2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 303971)

No that would be the postmans head exploding, Rik's down to his 8th Pat!

keirarts 20th December 2012 08:53 AM

Don't worry too much rik, arrow probably only posted your disc a day or so ago!

That said, i'm still waiting on a response from the guy at amazon regarding my southern comfort blu-ray. That one HAS dissapeared into the royal mails bermuda triangle depot, (or more likely someones got a real bargain from cash converters and some posties got enough for a pint) but my arrow stuff should be arriving today or tommorrow at the latest. (shipped 1st class the 17th, not last week as claimed!)

Rik 20th December 2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 303993)
Don't worry too much rik, arrow probably only posted your disc a day or so ago!

That said, i'm still waiting on a response from the guy at amazon regarding my southern comfort blu-ray. That one HAS dissapeared into the royal mails bermuda triangle depot, (or more likely someones got a real bargain from cash converters and some posties got enough for a pint) but my arrow stuff should be arriving today or tommorrow at the latest. (shipped 1st class the 17th, not last week as claimed!)

As I've just posted on the ZFE thread, I've had an email from Nicole and it seems they have my old address, even though I've had orders from Arrow arrive here, last one being the Pieces DVD when it was in the 1 hour deal about 3 or 4 weeks back. I'm just trying to find out if it's arrived because, luckily I know who lives there now

keirarts 20th December 2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 303999)
As I've just posted on the ZFE thread, I've had an email from Nicole and it seems they have my old address, even though I've had orders from Arrow arrive here, last one being the Pieces DVD when it was in the 1 hour deal about 3 or 4 weeks back. I'm just trying to find out if it's arrived because, luckily I know who lives there now

Thats good to know! Hope its there!

Rik 20th December 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 304002)
Thats good to know! Hope its there!

Yeah me too, although she did say that they will send another within the next 2 days if not. I know I'll get my hands on a copy, just sick of waiting now and as I have the steelbook, I probably won't even get round to opening it for months ha ha

keirarts 20th December 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 304003)
Yeah me too, although she did say that they will send another within the next 2 days if not. I know I'll get my hands on a copy, just sick of waiting now and as I have the steelbook, I probably won't even get round to opening it for months ha ha

The whole things been a debacle for sure, just want my stuff now, I have xmas day and boxing day off. Xmas day is spent with my mum but boxing day should afford the opportunity for a double bill of class of nuke'em high and the tin drum!

Rik 20th December 2012 09:29 AM

It has been a farce, but at least it's not on the same scale as the HME Blue Underground mess of last year, I really feel for the guys who lost out there, Arrow are certainly a more reliable company, they're just having problems at the minute which I'm sure will be sorted soon.
And, just to make sure I've checked my details on Arrows website and my address is correct, so I've no idea why they've sent it to my old one :confused:

keirarts 20th December 2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 304007)
It has been a farce, but at least it's not on the same scale as the HME Blue Underground mess of last year, I really feel for the guys who lost out there, Arrow are certainly a more reliable company, they're just having problems at the minute which I'm sure will be sorted soon.
And, just to make sure I've checked my details on Arrows website and my address is correct, so I've no idea why they've sent it to my old one :confused:

well I lost out with HME, not as much as some, all I ended up losing was a couple of katerina discs in the end. Fortunatley for me. Im sure anything lost will get replaced, just seems like a bad idea to change distribution centres this close to xmas with a big sale on.:crazy:

Rik 20th December 2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 304008)
well I lost out with HME, not as much as some, all I ended up losing was a couple of katerina discs in the end. Fortunatley for me. Im sure anything lost will get replaced, just seems like a bad idea to change distribution centres this close to xmas with a big sale on.:crazy:

Yeah, that is a daft move, surely that could've waited until next year, same thing with distancing themselves from the Labs, I'm not sure what's going on with that company anymore