Like Tree179626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2018, 06:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
fooking el dafto, Meant Julian Sands but changed it to Clary, blame my missus she mentioned Julian Clary while i was typing
I can imagine what she said to you -

"You're not going out looking like Julian Clary again are you?"

keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th May 2018, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can imagine what she said to you -

"You're not going out looking like Julian Clary again are you?"

Told her thats my new saturday night wear
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th May 2018, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ready
Player
One

Did anyone else have a little tear in their eye at the start of the Overlook bit then?? Cough. Just me then. Pantwettingly simplistic paternalistic putrescence. Willy Wonka. The fricking Goonies. For all that I was cheering them on. Bad Adults!! Nice Kong I conceed... (3 plus points for Marvin The Marian )

NEXT!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th May 2018, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

media.jpg REVENGE-INVU-LEAD.jpg

Socialite Jen is raped and then pushed off a desert cliff face by her secret lover and his friends.
Managing to free herself after being impaled through the side by a tree, Jen hides from the three men who have discovered her body is missing from the bottom of the cliff and hunt for her. Jen then seizes her chance at revenge when she spots a rifle left unattended..

Beautifully shot in desert locations, this revenge flick looks great.
Some nice bloody mayhem as a filthy and bloody Jen in her underwear no less, gives it to the guys full blast!

Well worth checking out
Old 28th May 2018, 09:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Ready
Player
One

Did anyone else have a little tear in their eye at the start of the Overlook bit then?? Cough. Just me then. Pantwettingly simplistic paternalistic putrescence. Willy Wonka. The fricking Goonies. For all that I was cheering them on. Bad Adults!! Nice Kong I conceed... (3 plus points for Marvin The Marian )

NEXT!!!
On the plus side i overheard some kids leaving the theatre asking their parents if they could watch the shining.
Old 28th May 2018, 09:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't get me wrong. I know it seems like I hate everything I don't highly recommend ... these are just overall impressions. Impressionistic as some of them are ... they are mostly declarations of love. I look forward to watching it again. In fact, it inspired me to finally peruse Minority Report .

Just wait til you see what I think of that ...

And I meant Marvin the MARTIAN
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th May 2018, 09:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Incredible Hulk. Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) is on the run, not just trying to control the beast within but also to stop a corrupt General (William Hurt) getting his hands on the formula that could create other Hulks for military use. Never seen this 2008 version of the story before, but it's pretty good (as is Norton) and surprisingly enjoyable. There are some nice nods to the tv series too, in dialogue, music and a TV clip from Bill Bixby in a different show.
Old 28th May 2018, 10:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Don't get me wrong. I know it seems like I hate everything I don't highly recommend ... these are just overall impressions. Impressionistic as some of them are ... they are mostly declarations of love. I look forward to watching it again. In fact, it inspired me to finally peruse Minority Report .

Just wait til you see what I think of that ...

And I meant Marvin the MARTIAN
I like Minority report up until the point it should stop but keeps going. It rips off a key scene from LA confidential then stumbles along to an awful Spielberg ending.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th May 2018, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That saves me a job

Seriously ... am rereading the story before I post. It's that bad . So, light your slippers and stoke the brandy for that one

Night!!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 29th May 2018, 06:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Man with the Iron Heart (2017)

In 1942, the Czech resistance in London sends two young recruits to Prague to assassinate Reinhard Heydrich, the ruthless Nazi leader and head of the SS who devised The Final Solution.

The story of Heydrich also known as The Butcher of Prague isn't a story i was particularly familiar with. This French film is a fairly graphic depiction of the atrocities he dealt out to the Czech civilians as well as the Poles and German Jews.

Then around the half way point we leave Heydrich and join up with Jack O' Connell and Jack Reynor as the Czech assassins in their plot to kill Heydrich. It really was a film of two halves, the first being a biopic with the second feeling like a WWII movie with an edge of the seat finale.

It's a well made film with good production design and performances that get under the skin of the viewer and although Jason Clarke is no Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List) when it comes to the acting stakes he still portrayed this despicable person with real malevolence.

I really enjoyed this, if enjoyed is indeed the right word.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhhh-singaporean-movie-poster.jpg (46.6 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!