Like Tree179614Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2018, 07:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

TERMINATOR 2 aka SHOCKING DARK BD Severin

Mattei certainly doesn't hold any punches when it comes to rip-off's!

Aliens and Terminator have been plundered severely!
Bad dialogue,bad sets,bad hairdo's-wtf more do you want from Italian trash cinema? 6 out of 10.
Kudos to Severin for digging up junk like this!
Check out the Ripley lookalike!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th June 2018, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

WHO CAN KILL A CHILD? MONDO MACABRO BD LTD ED

Still the best creepy killer kids film around.Still as disturbing as ever.
Mondo Macabro's disc looks and sounds fantastic with an interesting choice of extras,the best being a look at muderous kids films with the legendary Kim Newman.

Looking forward to MM's next hi def release!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th June 2018, 08:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BLOODY BIRTHDAY 88FILMS BD

So to round off Sunday-we continued with the murderous little bastards theme!

Hadn't seen this since the ABUK dvd release-it's still a solid little film,with plenty sleaze and decent killings.Surprised 88 didn't put it out on the slasher classics label.....Their release is,however,the best way to view it.
By God I wanted to throttle those little turds by the end of the film!

Old 4th June 2018, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finished off Avengers Assemble, still great, a solid blockbuster with a few talky/techy bits in the first half. Marvel definately made the right choice with Mark Ruffalo, the best screen Hulk/Banner there has ever been.
Followed it up with Iron Man 3, funnier than I remember it, despite Ben Kingsley's Russel Brand/Jack Sparrow impression & the fact that they RUINED the Manderin, Iron Man's greatest nemesis.

Finally, half way through Blade Runner 2049. Massively depressing but captivating. So far, we have discovered that Ryan Gosling has all the charisma of an ironing board.
Old 4th June 2018, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

X-Men Wolverine: Origins. Fairly mediocre Wolverine movie. Started well but got increasingly meh, with many ludicrously unconvincing CGI action scenes (they couldn't even be bothered to give him convincing looking razors this time - so fake! ). It was also impossible to take the Deadpool stuff seriously, esp after Deadpool 2!
Old 4th June 2018, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Brannigan (1975)

Chicago detective Jim Brannigan (John Wayne) is sent to London to extradite a wanted American criminal, Ben Larkin (John Vernon). However, Larkin is kidnapped before Brannigan can apprehend him, igniting a manhunt throughout the city.

John Wayne strides about this thriller with one or two comical touches - the riotous Leadenhall Market pub fight and the car chase around London - like Godzilla rampages round Tokyo, leaving rubble in his wake. A fine British support cast lead by Richard Attenborough and Judy Geeson valiantly try and keep up.

Brannigan is an effortlessly entertaining film with superb London location work which at times gives it the feel of a tourism film presented by John Wayne. (How cool would that be?) This along with McQ (1974) was the Duke's take on Dirty Harry and he's perfectly suited to the role.

Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300px-Pubfun.jpg (80.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 5th June 2018, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Belko Experiment 2016

In a tower block, workers of Belko Industries are in lock down and given three jobs over a period of time, kill each other.

This was a interesting concept of a movie mixed with other films, Battle Royale vs The Purge vs Die Hard..if that would make any sense. I saw the trailer and thought it would be good, something new and different.

There is some good acting from Tony Goldwyn, Michael Rooker and John C McGinley who keep us entertained as they try to stay alive. There is a good amount of gore and unexpected deaths in the first part but with the second it does go about down hill even towards the end by then i was almost screaming ffs really it did help pass the time but not a movie to go out in a rush to buy it. 5 out o 10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91W+vwyJ+VL._SY445_.jpg (43.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by MrBarlow; 5th June 2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 6th June 2018, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I watched that Hostiles (Scott Cooper, 2017) as mate came round with it. Most modern Westerns can be fun, what with the revisionism and the splicing of the odd genre trope here and there, but this just faltered for me as it went on. For a longish film, it seems slight in places where there should be expanse imo. Maybe I just missed the point somewhat, as I like to watch a film for entertainment value now and then. Will recommend this, but not by choice.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th June 2018, 11:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also watched a thing called Thoroughbreds.

People compare it to Heathers, but that is called lazyiness. Anna Taylor-Joy is picking some really odd roles, fair play. RIP Yelchin. Ignore the trailer.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th June 2018, 06:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

On a BLIND DEAD roll just now (Again)...Watched TOMBS last night-and it's Return tonight,after Sleepless.

I wish to hell someone would get the first 3 films out on Blu Ray.
The SF disc of Seagulls looks great in hd.

XT Video were supposed to do the lot.....anyone heard owt about them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29nfs5e.jpg (107.6 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!