Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2018, 10:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched a cool 80's science-fiction on Youtube I had never heard of before called Wavelengh (1983). Apparently, this has never got a DVD or Blu-Ray release but has a good quality VHS rip on Youtube. See link below.

Not only has it has got a cracking score from Tangerine Dream, but it is actually a very decent film, which I really enjoyed. I would love to see this put out by Arrow, would make a phenomenal release but I can see hell freezing over sooner than that, unfortunately.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 20th June 2018 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Changed the YouTube link so the video appears here.
Old 19th June 2018, 10:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Watched a cool 80's science-fiction on Youtube I had never heard of before called Wavelengh (1983). Apparently, this has never got a DVD or Blu-Ray release but watched a good VHS rip on youtube.

Not only has it has got a cracking score from Tangerine Dream, but it is actually a very decent film, which I really enjoyed. I would love to see this released by Arrow, would make a cracking release but I can see hell freezing over sooner than that, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP8jrXY00-Y
Youtube does have alot of old and rare movies uploaded on there that seem to have been forgotten about, that one you watched Buboven does seem good.
keirarts, trebor8273 and Buboven like this.
Old 19th June 2018, 10:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Youtube does have alot of old and rare movies uploaded on there that seem to have been forgotten about, that one you watched Buboven does seem good.
It was a very pleasant surprise, have you heard or watched it before?

It gets bonus points for me for having an actor who is also in Joe Dante's original Piranha. He does a great job with his character too!
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th June 2018, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It was a very pleasant surprise, have you heard or watched it before?

It gets bonus points for me for having an actor who is also in Joe Dante's original Piranha. He does a great job with his character too!
To be honest i have not seen it, have heard of it and has a lot of positive reveiws on IMDB,
keirarts and Buboven like this.
Old 19th June 2018, 10:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
To be honest i have not seen it, have heard of it and has a lot of positive reveiws on IMDB,
Very interesting trivia on IMBD. Nice to see the main female character was apparently a former band member of The Runaways! She gives a terrific performance. That makes me like it even more. Apparently,
SPOILER:
the spaceship effect was also used in Carpenter's Star Man

Would love to see Arrow or even 88 Films release this since it is from New World Pictures. It needs it more than the 20th edition of Halloween!
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.
Old 19th June 2018, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Very interesting trivia on IMBD. Nice to see the main female character was apparently a former band member of The Runaways! She gives a terrific performance. That makes me like it even more. Apparently,
SPOILER:
the spaceship effect was also used in Carpenter's Star Man

Would love to see Arrow or even 88 Films release this since it is from New World Pictures. It needs it more than the 20th edition of Halloween!
It would be good to see it released
Check this one out another forgotten sci fi movie

The Sheriff and the Satelite kid from 1979
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It would be good to see it released
Check this one out another forgotten sci fi movie

The Sheriff and the Satelite kid from 1979
Nice, will do.

A proper release would really give justice to the nice visuals in Wavelength too, some of the shots are pretty impressive.
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Nice, will do.

A proper release would really give justice to the nice visuals in Wavelength too, some of the shots are pretty impressive.
Definatly a good release will do it justice
Buboven likes this.
Old 20th June 2018, 01:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rise of the footsoldier part 2

The aftermath of the execution of Pat Tate, Tony Tucker and Craig Rolfe, Carlton Leach is living with a drug fuelled paranoia as well as trying to stay on top.

Ricci Harnett reprises his role as Carlton aswell as writer and director of this film, this film focuses more on a downward spiral of the previous events to looking over your shoulder type to building your own life back.

This film seemed to be on a low tight budget that seems to swap and change locations in a blink of an eye, again with the previous movie it's filmed at a good steady pace and can have a good entertainment value to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51dPiW9l3WL._SY445_.jpg (52.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 20th June 2018, 08:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

A Nightmare on Elm Street is the first 18-rated horror film I ever saw when I was 11 years old, and I rate it as one of the best of the genre. Wes Craven played an important role in shaping modern horror, making four hugely influential films from the ‘70s to the ‘90s; he came along and changed the genre three times in as many decades. Unfortunately, other than these milestones of The Last House on the Left (1972), The Hills Have Eyes (1977), this, and Scream (1996), Craven spent the most of the rest of his career churning out mediocrity as a glorified hack. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988), and The People Under the Stairs (1991), are a couple of his notable underrated exceptions. The A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise itself is also a mixed bag, running out of steam from its fourth entry onwards. This was until its creator returned to the series to give us something unique and refreshing, and again underappreciated, with the meta and satirical Scream prototype New Nightmare (1994).

****1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 20th June 2018 at 08:50 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!