Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:02 PM
Cultist

The missus and I have just finished watching Wild Country(a scottish monster movie),I quite enjoyed it,never a dull moment and the banter between the characters was quite funny and easy to relate to.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433482/
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Also watched Hell Of The Living Dead - great fun this zombie film. Pure Italian fun!
First saw this as a late night movie on the cinema back in the 80's, where it was shorn of basically everything that featured blood (most notably the ending). The uncut DVD proved quite a revelation.

Appallingly bad movie but unmissable and great fun. The stock footage is truly ridiculous (a New Guinea elephant?), and the scene where a topless Margit Evelyn Newton 'blends in' with the natives (ie stands around looking pale skinned and very silly) is just hilarious.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Appallingly bad movie but unmissable and great fun. The stock footage is truly ridiculous (a New Guinea elephant?), and the scene where a topless Margit Evelyn Newton 'blends in' with the natives (ie stands around looking pale skinned and very silly) is just hilarious.
Yeah,and isnt most of the music stolen from Dawn of the Dead?
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:12 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Sure is. Mattei borrowed Romero's music and most of David Attenborough's wildlife footage.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It certainly is a rip-off/cash-in film - and that's what makes it so damn great! There was even a poster for the film which is EXACTLY the same as the City Of The Living Dead poster but in yellow and with a name change!

You can't not luv the film.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Even the UK title was hilarious. I mean... Zombie Creeping Flesh?
Old 4th May 2010, 01:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen The New Daughter
Its got Kevin Costner and the gal from Pans Labyrinth in it.
Its about this farther (Costner) that moves to this house with his son and daughter. His daughter is rebellious and dont like the new house and the fact that she has to live with her Dad. They find this mound of dirt by the house and then slowly the daughter starts to change.

Now the movie has its faults but it comes damn close to being a very good movie. Its not a action packed horror but more of a slower paced physiological horror. Acting was not bad but some people seemed to dislike Costner in the movie. Yes he could have done it better but wasn't all that bad. It had some good moments and built up tension by the director was pretty good. The ending is kinda out there and IMO ruins the movie as your not entirely sure what happened.

Overall it was good and I recommend it.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th May 2010, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Ghastly Ones (aka Blood Rites)

Former video nasty still awaiting a UK release. Andy Milligan's films are a matter of taste (which I don't always have) but, for all its ghastliness (acting, music etc) it's also shockingly and badly entertaining.

I never realized just how large a human eyeball is until I saw this film.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I think I've seen Storm Of The Century about 4 times! Colm Feore makes a great villain as Andre Linoge.
yeah it's great, and it's not based on a novel, i have the R1 dvd and the picture quality is quite poor, but still very fun, would you make the choice at the end?
Old 4th May 2010, 11:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Salvage (the British one), Creep (again).

May actually sit down and do reviews later once I get back from Iron Man 2.

Like this? Share it using the links below!