All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179478Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2018, 03:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've fancied buying this since I saw that Canon documentary film where they quickly glossed over it
Take the plunge. It's just jaw dropping in places. And the songs ... woo mama etc. "Child Of Love" in particular New favourite film of all time.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th June 2018, 07:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched Nightmares in a Damaged Brain for the first time yesterday, what a grubby film that is, I felt filthy after watching it

The number of times somebody screamed at an ear piercing volume during the running time of the film was so frequent that it completely put me on edge all night! And don't get me started on that little twat of a kid, his poor mother is just trying to get on with her life and he's clearly a maniac who needs a smacked bum...

However, I bloody loved it haha.

One thing though, the picture on the disc seems to be cropped/zoomed in, I don't know whether it's all of the scenes, but when he's walking down 42nd Street I remember thinking I wish I could see the marquee names for the films, I recognised Caligula but that was pretty much it, but on the special feature about the grindhouse heyday on the same disc, they show that scene again and you can see the names of every single film he walks past...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th June 2018, 11:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’d be taking that Laurel & Hardy set down there too, never found them funny either
Now where did I put those matches......?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th June 2018, 11:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched Nightmares in a Damaged Brain for the first time yesterday, what a grubby film that is, I felt filthy after watching it

The number of times somebody screamed at an ear piercing volume during the running time of the film was so frequent that it completely put me on edge all night! And don't get me started on that little twat of a kid, his poor mother is just trying to get on with her life and he's clearly a maniac who needs a smacked bum...

However, I bloody loved it haha.

One thing though, the picture on the disc seems to be cropped/zoomed in, I don't know whether it's all of the scenes, but when he's walking down 42nd Street I remember thinking I wish I could see the marquee names for the films, I recognised Caligula but that was pretty much it, but on the special feature about the grindhouse heyday on the same disc, they show that scene again and you can see the names of every single film he walks past...

CR or 88 J? Any excuse to watch the only real grindhouse film imo
keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 28th June 2018, 01:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Got both versions a fantastic film in my opinion , but I don't think its as nasty as its made out to be .
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 28th June 2018, 06:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

The 88 Films ‘bootleg’ version

Gag, depends what you mean by nasty, it’s not particularly gruesome no, but it’s sleazy and sweaty and grimy. So in that way I’d say it was pretty nasty.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2018, 10:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Beyond. Lisa Catriona mcoll inherits a old hotel off her aunt in louisiaana but doesnt know it is cursed and that a warlock called schweik was crucifiyed by the townspeople before being whipped with chains and coverd in lime afterwards, and then walled up in the celler.
later joe the plumber discovers the body but is killed by schweiks zombie who gouges his eye out.
meanwhile Emily who lives locally in an old houes and is blind with dicky her alsation warns Lisa to leave the hotel because it is built on one of the 7 gateways to hell.
Lisa then gets strange visions and tells her fears to the doctor who is david warbeck who i saw in lucio fulcis Black cat recently. but he thinks its all mad until the town gets taken over by zombies.

this is most excellent and i enjoy it very much also, and will give a high rating of 97.4 out of 100.
Old 28th June 2018, 01:21 PM
Cultist

I watched Magnolia again last night, it’s just a phenomenal film. In my opinion it sits alongside Mulholland Drive and Zodiac as a modern masterpiece. Some have criticised it, calling it overly melodramatic, and I suppose It’s a valid criticism but the direction is so audacious I can forgive its perceived faults.

Has PT Anderson ever made a bad film ? It took me a while to warm to Inherent Vice but I love the film now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28th June 2018, 01:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Skull (1965).

Stars Peter Cushing as a professor, Christopher Maitland, who is an obsessive researcher and collector.
When given the chance to purchase the skull belonging to the notorious Marquis De Sade, from a rather less than honest dealer, played by Patrick Wymark, he does so, despite the warnings from a fellow collector, played by Christopher Lee. Lee tells him the skull is evil and that he should get rid of it. But he is sceptical and doesn't heed his warnings.

Although starring two of horror's heavyweights, this is essentially Cushing's film. And Cushing, as usual, shines throughout.

I enjoyed this film from Hammer rivals Amicus. It is a little slow at times, but it has a surreal atmosphere, including a nightmarish dream sequence. And overall, a good old fashioned horror film. 7/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The-Skull-Eureka-Blu-ray-DVD.jpg (100.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 28th June 2018, 05:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching The Apple again. Crazed tis.

Tomb Raider (2018)

Ooh it's just like the game. Without the fun of breaking a controller or two . Exciting enough I suppose....

Ecstasy (Rob Heydon)

Lloyd Buist is in a jam. His boss wants his money post haste, so a wee rave on ra side shid de the trick richt? WRONG. Based on the 'main' story in Welsh's collection of tales of same name, this is Trainspotting lite on all fronts from the exploito sleeve tae the rather familiar end spiel, this is ok ... a genuine time filler for once .

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!