All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th June 2018, 02:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As usual, great reviews, Frankie.

Queen of Earth sounds like a fascinating film and definitely worth a blind buy – thanks!
'Fascinating' it certainly is, and I haven't felt as haunted by a movie in yonks. I shouldn't over-praise, as maybe it just pushes my particular buttons. It was generally well received, though. I think you'll really like it.
Old 30th June 2018, 02:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
As usual, great reviews, Frankie.

Queen of Earth sounds like a fascinating film and definitely worth a blind buy – thanks!
And like that… I've ordered a used Masters of Cinema release to go on the 'to watch' pile!
Old 30th June 2018, 02:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
'Fascinating' it certainly is, and I haven't felt as haunted by a movie in yonks. I shouldn't over-praise, as maybe it just pushes my particular buttons. It was generally well received, though. I think you'll really like it.
I hope I will, and intend to comment here when I have seen it.
Old 30th June 2018, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
'The Apple' is sheer bad craziness - some kind of permit or disclaimer should be required before anyone healthy views IMO. Hopefully your 'someone else' has been appropriately vetted!
Might dig it out, now you've reminded me...
I think he will survive ...

Go on .... "Take a biiiiiiite!!"

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th June 2018, 08:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sleazy but not as sleazy and violent as I was expecting , found it a little slow in places but expertly shot with stark contrast between the day and night scenes. Kathleen Turner gives a fantastic performance but the show belongs too Anthony Perkins and his completely unrestrained performance that becomes more and more crazy as the film goes on. 7/10

Best of the prequels by far , shame the rest of the trilogy couldn't match it. A none stop ride with some good set peices . 7.5/10

Now watching i drink your blood.
Old 30th June 2018, 09:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Sleazy but not as sleazy and violent as I was expecting , found it a little slow in places but expertly shot with stark contrast between the day and night scenes. Kathleen Turner gives a fantastic performance but the show belongs too Anthony Perkins and his completely unrestrained performance that becomes more and more crazy as the film goes on. 7/10
Glad you enjoyed it to some extent despite finding it a little slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Now watching i drink your blood.
A bonkers fave of mine - enjoy!
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 1st July 2018, 10:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lifeforce (1985, Tobe Hooper)

The thing about Cannon is that no matter how hard they try, everything they do is a lickle bid skewed. I remember the trailer alrighty . PQ reasonable for a second tier film. Steve Railsback and Peter Firth battle an alien invasion, whilst Hooper struggles to stay awake. Finale reminded me of a typical Friday night out . Recommended.

Superman IV: Quest For Peace. BD Comm.

They could only get the co-screenwriter it seemeth. So naturally he spends his alloted time running down the production from all angles. Whilst seemingly thinking they were making Jude The Obscure or summat. It's a comic book!!!! Hollywood .... do not get me started . I live for bitterness and rancour but this just seems liketh sour grapes. Film looked indifferent, though if the views expressed represent a consensus, this is unsurprising ... I still has me dvd.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st July 2018, 10:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist

City of the dead. Christopher lee is a history professor at a university and one of his students Nan barlow is studying witchcraft and professor driscoll, lee, suggests going to a town called Whitewood in massachsettes.
on her way it is foggy and a strange man ask her for a lift and then disappears.
when she gets there she stays at the ravens inn run by Mrs newliss who is infact a 200 year old witch who was burnt at the snake, and now practices black mass and human sacrifice in the town with her coven of witches.
unknown to Nan is that she is the next victim.

i like this spooky film a lot and its eerie atmosphere and i award it 95.4 out of 100.
Old 1st July 2018, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A classic but think the sequel is the superior film. 8.5/10

Hugely enjoyable Shaw brothers kung fu tale about a constable sent to recover 2 million . Some great fight sequences. 8.5/10

A young boy makes some pies from a rabid dog for the Satanist hippies that raped his sister and forced his grandpa to take LSD. This has the unfortunate effect of making them going a canblistic killing spree, effecting others. Was not expecting much , but was pleasantly surprised by this deranged gem. 9/10

Going to watch pigs next, will be first viewing.

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st July 2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 1st July 2018, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gave up on pigs after about 40 minutes was just so boring my eyes began to glaze over.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!