Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2010, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched Stuart Gordon's CASTLE FREAK last night. Thought it was pretty good, loved the Italian setting and the creepy castle. The 'freak' himself was pretty repulsive, and Jeffery Combs gives a quality performance along with the rest of the cast

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 4th May 2010, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Watched Stuart Gordon's CASTLE FREAK last night. Thought it was pretty good, loved the Italian setting and the creepy castle. The 'freak' himself was pretty repulsive, and Jeffery Combs gives a quality performance along with the rest of the cast
Great film. I have a Laserdisc of it that I dug out again a few months back. It was even better than I remembered it being.
Old 4th May 2010, 01:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Recently watched:

2000 Maniacs
Blood Feast
Emanuelles Revenge (D'amato)
Red Scorpion
Vampyros Lesbos
X3I2 - Flight To Hell

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 5th May 2010, 03:56 AM
Ex-member

Default watched movies.

watched my old vhs of the BEYOND a great film but i wish he would reload that revolver.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:56 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Revisited Mother's Day. Frenetic & OTT but would pass intact here for sure now.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:42 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Last night I saw a film called The Independent. It's a mocumentry starring Jerry Stiller (Ben Stillers father). He plays an independent film maker a bit like Lloyd Kaufman or Roger Corman. The clips of the films that he has made across his career are fantastic (Bald Justice and The Simplex Complex being my favourites), they are all great examples of exploitation cheese with tonnes of violence and sex.

Anyone who likes low budget grind house will love this film as there are tonnes of in jokes to the scene. Jerry Stiller is fantastic as the maverick explosive filmmaker who believes he is making art films with a message but really just loves tits and explosions.

Highly recommended to anyone on this forum.

Oh yeah and it also has cameos from a load of real film makers and stars like Fred Williamson, Roger Corman and Ron Howard.
Old 5th May 2010, 01:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Saw Human Centipede (first sequence) last night.
First half was good and the whole idea was new and messed up
but second half was kinda boring and whole cops angle was a bit silly IMO.
Im not sure what direction the full sequence will go as those of you who have seen it will know about. I will watch the next one but lets hope the 2nd half will be much better. It was hyped up quite a lot and apart from thinking "wtf" during the actual joining scenes it was not that shocking tbf.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th May 2010, 02:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ooooh Human Centipede! I never knew that had a DVD release! I'll have to get that. I saw it at FrightFest last year and REALLY enjoyed it - sick and twisted indeed - looking forward to the sequel.

Last night I watched Wishmaster - a very enjoyable and silly film, some nice gore effects in there and the Wishmaster's voice is awesome though some of his lines were very stupid. An enjoyable horror film.
Old 5th May 2010, 07:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Ooooh Human Centipede! I never knew that had a DVD release! I'll have to get that. I saw it at FrightFest last year and REALLY enjoyed it - sick and twisted indeed - looking forward to the sequel.

Last night I watched Wishmaster - a very enjoyable and silly film, some nice gore effects in there and the Wishmaster's voice is awesome though some of his lines were very stupid. An enjoyable horror film.
Its not out on DVD yet Kyle

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th May 2010, 09:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Over the holiday weekend I watched.....

GET CARTER-Caine's finest hour.Wish Warner would get the Blu Ray out.
Looked nice upscaled,although the mono soundtrack didn't fare too well.....

ESCAPE TO VICTORY-Caine as a West Ham player....

THE SEVERED ARM-Rather abysmal revenge slasher which seemed to drag on for ages.....

A BRIDGE TOO FAR BLU RAY-What a cast! Classic.Criminal that none of the extras from the DVD are on the BR.Fox need a cattle prod up their arse for treating MGM's catalogue with such contempt....

LAW ABIDING CITIZEN BLU RAY-Very entertaining,though a tad far fetched.
A sort of revenge thriller with a SAW theme....

THE USUAL SUSPECTS BLU RAY-Still a class act.Again,Blu Ray extras are despicable.

NIGHT OF THE DEMON-Yes the classic Yeti former nasty.Best I've seen it looking.Just a pity Retrofilm totally ****ed up the English soundtrack.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!