Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2018, 08:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Blood Spattered Bride (1972).

Excellent Spanish gothic style horror starring the gorgeous Maribel Martin as Susan, a nervous, virginal bride, and Simon Andreu as the husband.

Loosely based on the story of Carmilla the vampire, it tells the story of a mysterious shrouded woman, Mircalla Karnstein, who is out to seduce Susan and kill her husband.

After going to stay at her husband's ancestral home, Susan increasingly starts to get visions of a strange woman with an unusual dagger. Later she is shocked to find a portrait in the cellar of a woman with the face cut and holding the dagger.

One of the film's most interesting moments is when her husband finds a nude woman breathing through a snorkel and buried under the sand. He takes her back to his home and Susan instantly recognizes her as the woman in her visions.

Superb. And a top notch blu-ray from Mondo Macabro. 8/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51ruMfkDXML._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg (22.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 1st July 2018, 10:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pulp Fiction. What more is there to be said about this blackly comic and irony-laden 90s crime anthology thriller? It remains a classic (hard to believe it's 24 years old). The first "story" probably remains my favourite, though as a whole it remains Tarantino's best film.
Rik, keirarts, trebor8273 and 3 others like this.
Old 1st July 2018, 10:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Pulp Fiction. What more is there to be said about this blackly comic and irony-laden 90s crime anthology thriller? It remains a classic (hard to believe it's 24 years old). The first "story" probably remains my favourite, though as a whole it remains Tarantino's best film.

My favourite film of all time, I’ve lost count on the number of times I’ve watched it since first renting it on VHS in 1994
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st July 2018, 10:58 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Meat Market (2000)

Gory Canadian low budget offering that seemed a staple of film fair dvd dealers in the early days, many of them deeming it as extreme horror cinema.

It's not, but it is very cheep and cheerful with ambitions that far outweigh the budget, although some shots do give the impression of scale and the zombie make up is exemplary.

The films grungy atmosphere is let down by some terrible acting which makes some of the dialogue scenes hard to sit through, however for the most part this is an action packed, fast paced affair which is probably worth a watch, but no more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meat.jpg (88.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 2nd July 2018, 08:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mission Of Darkness (1997)

Scifi hentai mayhem. A definite 'shoo in' for Boxing Day as aliens land with 'sexy' intentions cough. Truly crackers. Now I have something I can ween myself off of The Apple

Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 2nd July 2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Interview.

Two tv slugs score a massive coup when they discover that a despised tyrant is a fan of their show. As with all of their films ... there is a dollop of satire along with the homoerotic shenanigans a hahaha ahem. 5/10

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Alice sweet alice. Karen played by Brook shields is preparing for her first communion and ends up getting murdered and set on fire in the church. her sister alice is the prime suspect and is found with karens veil.
later more murders happen by a killer in a mask and yellow mack just like the ones Alice wears. and when her aunt is brutally stabbed on the stairs and survives she tells the police it was alice.

this is a very good thriller like an american giallo and i like it a lot. one of the weirdest characters in the film is the creepy me alfonso, a horrible fat man who also dies brutally by the killers knife. and i give a high rating of 96.8 out of 100.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alice is a favourite of mine. From the vhs incarnation known as Communion to it's shiny new state, this tale is never far away from my grasp.

[B]
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

i had it first on vhs then on dvd, and i hope to buy the bluray edition as well.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd July 2018, 04:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Entrails Of A Beautiful Woman (1986, Kazuo Komizu)

Charming tale of revenge and rape. If you've seen any pinkku cinema ... you'll know what to expect. If you don't ... look at the title ... tisn't American Pie etc . Just the film for a hot evening ahem ...

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!