Like Tree179626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Omen 4 i thought was utter pants and can't believe you rated it so highly, must be the heat has frazzled your brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Omen IV feels like a cheap remake crossed with the unintentional humour from the likes of samurai cop and troll 2, minus the passion.
I'm another who hates the film. Watched it once...never again.
Old 4th July 2018, 04:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm another who hates the film. Watched it once...never again.
I don't hate it, I watch it as a comedy
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Last edited by bleakshaun; 4th July 2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 4th July 2018, 09:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The abominable dr phibes. Vincent price is dr anton phibes who supposidly died in a car crase but is still alive. with his assistent Vulnavia he is out to kill the doctors who failed to save his wife Victoria on the operating table.
he arranges elaborate deaths for them using the 10 plagues of the pharos including bats hail and frogs.
he is also accomplished organist and has a orchestra of clockwork men which i found so much fun.

this is very enjoyable and funny with gore thrown in as well, and it shows why Vincent price was one of the greats and so i award it 97.1 out of 100.
Old 4th July 2018, 06:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

3 Headed Shark Attack (2015)

Sequel to 2012's 2-Headed Shark Attack that's probably as dumb as you think it will be.

However i must admit i quite enjoyed this Asylum made film. Yes it's dumb, but i also found it quite fun. There's the requisite amount of nudity and gore on offer and some semi-decent acting too, even a movie self-referential cameo from Danny Trejo, but what made this stand out was the quality of the graphics for the shark itself. It actually looked half realistic and not just a CGI mess. It appeared fleshy (or rubbery) and was all the better for it.

Certainly the film itself nicks ideas from other better films, namely Jaws and Tobe Hooper's underrated Crocodile (2000) but this is still enjoyable for fans of daft monster movies. For others i recommend caution.
Old 4th July 2018, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Terrorists (1974, Casper Wrede)

A UK/Norwegian production no less. Connery stamps around like the proverbial ursine with a migraine whilst McShane models for Freemans Catalogue . There is some stuff about a hijack but was more taken wif yer actual DI Burnside as one of the henchmen .

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th July 2018, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It Lives 2 (1978, Larry Cohen)

I love Larry. He never lets you down. Whilst not quite hitting the heights of God Told Me To or Q, this solid, pacier sequel to the 74 film is a worthy addition to any cult cinema fans collection.

Except treb. .
That's ENOUGH (inna Brian Glover stylee ).
Seriously, do you have a Tardis?

I DIGRESS.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th July 2018, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of my favourite films of all time and that rare beast where the remake is better than the original , also shows how practical effects are superior to CGI. A true classic also a stunning job has been done on the arrow disc and couldn't see much of an improvement if an ultra 4K version came out. 10/10

Now watching the bone yard.
Old 5th July 2018, 09:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Almost human. Bruno saachi is a crook who after a botch of a bank job decides to kidnap his girlfriends bosses daughter, May lou. him and his gang kidnap her when she is in the woods with her boyfriend who they shoot and kill. she manages to escape to a house and asks for help, but the gang break in and rape and kill eveybody and capture her again.
they lock her up on an old ship. and in the meantime cop Henry silver is on the trail.

this is a very good film from shameless and entertaining, also i laugh because saachi reminds me of liam gallager 92.4 out of 100.
Old 5th July 2018, 04:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I really like Sam Neil as Damien and most of the film but the ending always seemed underwhelming to me.

Omen 4 i thought was utter pants and can't believe you rated it so highly, must be the heat has frazzled your brain.
When your sat in a office at night at 22 degrees it does alter your thinking alot
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th July 2018, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

lady In White 1988.

A Halloween prank leaves 10 year old Frankie in a school cloakroom, he sees a ghost of a girl and her murder. He decides to try and help her rest in peace by finding her murderer.

This is a movie aimed at pre teens but still very enjoyable ghost story from the 80s, that does keep us entertained from start to finish, this is not your basic slasher movie that has people screaming like a banshee. It is a bit more entertaining as you are seeing the film through the eyes of a man who is telling the story from when he was a child.

The film does come with its dark atmospheric moments which is best to watch at night to get the full grasp of the movie, also it has few comical moments with the grandparents. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main Pic.jpg (20.7 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!