Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2018, 09:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enjoyable if nothing special story of a gallery owner who goes to visit his friends family to try and get some art work of the father, these are a strange bunch, none more than the bullying father, soon people are dispatched for me it was obvious who the killer was but not the little supernatural twist. With images of a gloved hand etc, reminded me of a
Giallo. 6/10

Another highly enjoyable and gothic filled Naschy tale. The film starts in the middle ages with our antihero and the witch/vampire who cursed him being put to death. Our hairy friend is resurrected when his grave is found,he goes on a killing spree falls in love and battles some lesbian vampires. 8.5/10

Dismissed by some as one of those many animal knock offs that followed Jaws,but it's more than that and is a great movie in its own right, story openings with a baby being taking by a giant boar jump ahead a couple of years an American reporter is send to the outback , to report on the slaughter of kangaroos for pet food. Raped and left for dead by two yobs who work at the pet food plant she is then killed by the boar, her boyfriend goes to investigate, soon be teams up with the grandfather of the taking baby and a young woman. As well as the boar part with have a second story involving the yobs. Well directed with some stunning imagery and lovely shots of the scenery. With any luck 88 will pick up this wonderful gem. 9.5/10
Old 7th July 2018, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Glad you enjoyed the Naschy t. I've never heard Razorback compared to Jaws before though. I lead a sheltered life it seems .
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th July 2018, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Glad you enjoyed the Naschy t. I've never heard Razorback compared to Jaws before though. I lead a sheltered life it seems .
Neither had i really until I watched the documentary included on the disc about the making of the film.

But can see how some would see it as jaws on land.

It's a shame that most of Naschy stuff is so expensive and a lot doesn't seem to have a release. Arrow or someone need to bring his stuff too uk shores.
Old 7th July 2018, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Neither had i really until I watched the documentary included on the disc about the making of the film.

But can see how some would see it as jaws on land.
That's the pitch then . "It's Jaws ... in love!"

Cloak gotten ....
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th July 2018, 10:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Anthropophagus. Tisa farrow meets up with some tourists and gets a boat ride to an island were her friends live but when they get there everyone has disappeared. then a blind girl jumps up out of a barrel of wine and knifes one of them because she thinks it's the maniac killer on the island who smells of blood.

this is a very good film, and i like George eastman as the cannibal killer who bites peoples throats and enjoys eating babys
funky music as well and i award it 90.3 out of 100.
Old 8th July 2018, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
Anthropophagus. Tisa farrow meets up with some tourists and gets a boat ride to an island were her friends live but when they get there everyone has disappeared. then a blind girl jumps up out of a barrel of wine and knifes one of them because she thinks it's the maniac killer on the island who smells of blood.

this is a very good film, and i like George eastman as the cannibal killer who bites peoples throats and enjoys eating babys
funky music as well and i award it 90.3 out of 100.
Just about finished watching this myself right now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th July 2018, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Bronx warriors. a girl called Anne runs away from her corrupt father of the Manhattan corporation and hides out in the bronx. but then she gets attacked and saved by Trash the leader of a biker gang called the Riders.

this is wonderful entertainment and so funny as well. the chap called Trash is absolutely hilarious and makes me laugh so much with his funny walk. also it is hard to believe he would ever want to get involved with any fighting at all in case he got his hair messed up

also another great soundtrack as well and i award it 91.5 out of 100.
Old 8th July 2018, 10:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Night Of The Hunter (1955, Charles Laughton)

"Home, home on the range ... where the deer and the psychopaths play ...". Based on the novel by Davis Grubb, this tour de force set right in the heart(land) of the USA skewers expectations along with sensibilities. Admittedly the set design does remove you from the utter depravity of the story (intentional??), but this may have been a sop to the decades outward primness. Remember, this wasn't an isolated case, as the Beats were rearing their heads cough. Mitchum captivates as Harry Powell, a slightly Tex Avery style nutcase, intoning his lines like armageddeon is jest 'round t'cornah, but he is ably matched for wits by two plucky youngsters. Just as well ... as the adults in Powell's orbit are all mental microbes .... nae seen this film? Rectify!!

[B]
Old 8th July 2018, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

Blood Debts
A woman and her boyfriend are raped and murdered by a gang of thugs, they shoot her father but he survives and goes all vigilante on them. His wife is kidnapped and he is forced to be a hit an for a crime gang.
A death wish knock off, it is laughably awful, with some decent action scenes. Our not Paul Kersey has the charm and charisma of a toilet brush.
One to watch if only out of boredom. Also it has a great ending.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 8th July 2018, 12:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

We Are What We Are (2013)

No plot outline at all. It's best to just soak up the whole thing.

Slow burn horror from director Jim Mickle (Stakeland). After half an hour i was debating turning the film off, not because it was a bad film but because it wasn't the kind of horror i wanted to watch.

However through sheer laziness i stuck with it and was rewarded with a brilliant piece of brooding Gothic with a proper shocker of a blood soaked ending that was a highlight of a film that genuinely gets under your skin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 048.jpg (81.8 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!