LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th July 2018, 06:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

RED SPARROW-Very good.

Old J-Law ain't afraid to strip off eh?
Rik, keirarts, trebor8273 and 2 others like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You Were Never Really Here-superb,downbeat Taxi Driver for modern times!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th July 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
RED SPARROW-Very good.

Old J-Law ain't afraid to strip off eh?
I saw it at the cinema, decent film that I plan on picking up on blu ray eventually
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th July 2018, 07:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (1992).

One of many psychological thrillers that came out of Hollywood in the 1990's.

Rebecca De Mornay stars as the crazed nanny worming her way into the lives of the family she blames for the death of her husband and child.

This is very well made, and with an excellent performance from De Mornay who is extremely believable in the role.

One scene in particular that stands out involves co-star Julianne Moore and a rather nasty surprise in a greenhouse.

Highly recommended 8/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16985.jpg (32.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 18th July 2018, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is now my favourite Naschy film of the ones I've seen. Naschy gives an excellent and emotional performance as hunchback who works at a morgue and is in love with a dying girl, when the girl dies and her body is abused , he flies into a rage gruesomely killing them, beheading one and ripping out the intestines of another, on the run he comes to attention of a scientist who says it be helps him in his experiments by finding him body's , he will bring he love to life. Most of not all the victims deserve the bloody and violent ways they are dispatched with how they treat the hunchback. 9/10

A lesser universal horror, for me i found this better than Dracula which I found Lugosi performance on the corny side, but here he gives a chilling performance who with the help of his ape kidnaps young women and experiments on them to prove his theories on evolution. 8/10
Old 18th July 2018, 10:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Dante's Peak. A vulcanologist arrives in the small town of Dante's Peak, an idyllic community nestled at the foot of a long dormant volcano, and soon becomes convinced that the volcano is about to wake up in spectacular fashion. Pierce Brosnan and Terminator icon Linda Hamilton star in this late 90s disaster flick that was one of a variety of a mini-revivals of that genre in that period to take advantage of the then new CGI effects, though there's enough old fashioned movie craftsmanship in here that it now ironically feels very old school. I haven't seen this in nigh on 20 years and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old 19th July 2018, 10:35 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Kill baby kill.

a woman in a creepy looking town throws herself onto railings and a doctor comes to do a autopsy on her.
and a spooky little girl with a ball is haunting the town and the villages blame her for all the weird deaths going on.

this is very good film from Mario bava and i like it more than The girl who knew to much as i felt that was a bit boring.
i like all the gothicness and the mists and fog, and also Erica blanc who stars in it as well.
and yes high score indeed of 95.7 out of 100.
Old 20th July 2018, 12:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mothers day.

One of my favorite troma films about 3 girls who camping in the woods and get attacked by a family of mad hillbillys, who include the two sons, one
who looks like donald sutherland in his funny flying helmet, and the hilarious mother who wears a dress over trousers.

this is very good and has gory deaths and so funny at the same time, especially when mum makes her boys do there daily exercises.
another high scoring of 90.8 out of 100.
Old 20th July 2018, 01:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
the hilarious mother who wears a dress over trousers.
Glad I don't follow fashion. I didn't realize it was not acceptable for a woman to wear a dress over her trousers. I was doing that a long time before a number of forum members were even born!!
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th July 2018, 02:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i dont know anything about fashion either Susan. i just remembered that my mum found it highly comical when she watched it years a go and said that it might start a trend
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!