Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179587Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (Martin McDonagh)

Ever since Blood Simple I have taken note of Frances McDormand .... so this IS a recommendation. But rhe description of it as a comedy had me stumped. Comedic in places but .... anyway, Sam Rockwell makes up for Poltergeist, Caleb Landry Jones can speak properly and Samara Weaving has pretty eyes. Still preferred the fishy film

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd August 2018, 09:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (Martin McDonagh)

Still preferred the fishy film
I thought it was a great film, which I want to pick up on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, but also preferred The Shape of Water.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I did like it. Her spiel to the priest . And the ending ... for a mainstream film ... kudos. But still ...

Next!!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Death wish 3.

Paul kersey is back in New york again visiting an old army buddy called Charlie. but when he get's there he finds him on the brink of death after being assaulted by the local scum bags.
then the police turn up and arrest him instead, but things get sorted out when a police leutenant recognises him as the vigilante and hires him to kill the local creeps.
Kersey then moves into his old buddys apartment and sets out to get rid of the local gang terrorising the neighbourhood.

A very silly film compared to the first Death Wish and even the second. Charles bronson goes all Rambo in this one getting rid of the low life filth with sub machine guns, an automatic magnum, and
rocket launcher. Entertaining it is though with a massive body count and loads of explosions.
Paul kersey also gets a new love interest but as usual she ends up dead as well.

One of the funniest characters in it is the weird looking chap who plays the gang leader. he sort of reminds me of a young Neal kinnock with a bizarre reverse mowhawke.

Yes, i like this a lot and will award 85.5 out of 100.
Old 3rd August 2018, 05:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

DW3 is an exploitation masterclass

Spotlight (Tom McCarthy)

Based on the true story of an investigative teams battle to highlight the rampant abuse of children by the Catholic Church in Boston. I like films that make me angry. Everyone does their acting bit. It also got an Oscar I believe. Will make a great double bill with Nasy Habits

[B]
Old 4th August 2018, 11:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Wish 4.

Charles bronson is back yet again as Paul kersey this time wiping out the drug pushing scum bags in LA.
Things seem to be going well for him at first with his new girlfriend, who unsurprisingly is years younger than him, until her daughter Erica ends up dead from a drugs overdose. Back in vigilante mode our Charlie soon dispenses the low life piece of garbage who gave her the drugs by shooting him and watching him being electocuted over a dodgem car ride.
Later he is then contacted by a mysterious newaspaper tycoon who wants to hire him to get rid of the major drug gangs in LA.Armed to the teeth with the sort of arsenal that would make Arnie proud, Chuck wages war on two of the biggest gangs in LA, by playing them off together Fistfull of Dollars style.

This i didnt think was as good as the first three movies but it is still very entertaining, with loads of great action. and a great scene with Charles bronson posing as a wine seller with a bomb hidden inside a bottle.
Good dialogue as well, with a corrupt cop saying to Bronson, i can be very nasty, and Bronson replying, so can i, after blowing the cop away.
And when a potential rapist says to him, who the f uck are you? Bronson answers, death.

Good film and i award 82.5 out of 100.
Old 4th August 2018, 03:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wildling (Fritz Bohn)

An unusual take on Folk Horror starring Liv Tyler and Brad Dourif. When a child is found in bizarre circumstances ... it's up to Tyler's law officer to try and figure out her history.

[B]
Old 4th August 2018, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Death Of Superman.
Violence. Bloodshed. Swearing!! .... aaaand some mush Recommended!!

[B]
Old 4th August 2018, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Death Of Superman.
Violence. Bloodshed. Swearing!! .... aaaand some mush Recommended!!
Thought it said bush!! I couldn't remember any of that when I read the comics!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th August 2018, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A crazed lunatic chilling played by Andrew Robinson ( Larry in Hellraiser and Garak in deep space nine) is killing people in the city of San Francisco, Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood in a iconic role) sets out to stop him, a classic with lots of classic lines. 9/10

Dirty Harry and his huge weapon is needed by the city of San Francisco once again when someone takes the law into there own hands and start killing criminals . 9/10

Now watching Friday the 13th

Last edited by trebor8273; 4th August 2018 at 06:08 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!