Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2018, 07:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Five is about average in my scoring . It was all the talk that made me give them another viewing , but I'm a strange fish that like the more supernatural ones in which he's a unkillabe zombie,with favourite being X.

Mind on the whole they are more enjoyable than the nightmare on elm street films after 3(apart from new nightmare)
X is also my fave.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Saw Mission Impossible: Fallout at the cinema today. Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) is back getting in over his head trying to stop some very bad guys getting their hands on plutonium with the intent to detonate nuclear missiles, and finds the plot leading back to his nemesis Lane (Sean Harris), who he captured at the close of the previous film. The newest instalment in the Mission Impossible franchise is entertaining enough, and does have a pretty epic and thrilling last act, but overall I didn't think this was on the same level as Rogue Nation, which is one of the best action films of the decade and to me had a much stronger story too. 
Old 6th August 2018, 11:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Opera.

The last decent film from Dario argento.starring Cristina marsilach as Betty, a young Opera understudy who gets the lead role in Macbeth after the star Mara gets run over and her leg broken. but soon a series of brutal murders start happening to the cast and the black hooded maniac responsible makes Betty watch the murders by tying her up and putting needles under her eyes so that she cannot close them.

This i found very stylish indeed from Dario argento, with fantastic camera work and atmospheres.
Great deaths as well, including a knife to the throat with the blade coming up inside the mouth, death by scissers and throat cutting when the maniac drops his bracelet into the victims mouth, and a superb gunshot to the eye with the bullet coming out the back of the womans head.
And also a great scene involving crows in the Opera house which is like something out of Hitchcocks Birds.

Only thing i wasnt that keen on was the heavy metal which i didnt think worked with the film, but the music from Claudio simonetti is superb.

overall, very good and with a ending like someting out of Phenomena. 92.3 out of 100.
Old 6th August 2018, 05:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Road Warrior. 1981

Ex policeman Max joins a community to fend of a pack of rebels to get into their oil refinery.

Brilliant sequel to Mad Max, this shows what the world would be like after a apocalyptic war and how people may strive to survive, Max teams up with a Gyro-Copter pilot Bruce Spence who seems to bring a small comedy role.
Vernon Wells dones the bad guy persona and the leader of the rebels, but has very small dialogue but his acting makes him more menacing.

Before the art of CGI, the car chases are brilliant and stunt choreoghraphed well, that you sit there thinking that had hurt or why wreck a really cool car, this is definatly worth a watch. 9 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Main Pic.jpg (32.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 6th August 2018, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wonderfully atmospheric and beautifully shot. To be honest being a silent film i wasn't expecting much but it blew my socks of and was clued to the screen from beginning to end. 9.5/10

Now watching friday the 13th part 3 followed by predator (4K ultra version)
Old 6th August 2018, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
... 15 min too long though
That's what I thought about Shiver of the Vampires yesterday too, Rollin works better at 80 minutes

I've been curious about K-Shop since it came out but never enough to watch it

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th August 2018, 06:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Taking place just after the end of the last movie. This time a group of collage kids visit a cabin and soon become prey to Jason who gets his iconic mask in the one, thanks to the annoying Shelley who i used to feel sort of sorry for but now I cant wait for Jason to get him. For me slightly better paced and enjoyable the the first two. 6/10

Next up predator.

Old 6th August 2018, 06:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had a quick look at some reviews for the 4k predator and it all depends if you like grain of not if you will like the new transfer.

One review praised it while another have it a average rating because of it. But either way it's an improvement over the old blu transfers.

Watched a bit and seems the best its ever been and the grain doesn't bother me. Might not be up too the level of a Sony transfer but it's seems good to me.at the least people don't look like waxwork figures.
Old 6th August 2018, 07:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
thanks to the annoying Shelley who i used to feel sort of sorry for but now I cant wait for Jason to get him.
shelly-friday-the-13th-part-3.jpg
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's what I thought about Shiver of the Vampires yesterday too, Rollin works better at 80 minutes

I've been curious about K-Shop since it came out but never enough to watch it
Aye, I try and pick up any 18 rated film I'm nae sure about. It can lead to some interesting nights
Funnily enough a mate who is Mr Mainstream tbh told me he'd acquired The Nude Vampire ... so guess what will be coming my way at some point

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!