Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179454Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2018, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Aye, I try and pick up any 18 rated film I'm nae sure about. It can lead to some interesting nights
Funnily enough a mate who is Mr Mainstream tbh told me he'd acquired The Nude Vampire ... so guess what will be coming my way at some point
He might not even make it further than the 'masks' in the first scene
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th August 2018, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I did say if he made it past the first 10 minutes ...
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th August 2018, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

MV5BMTMxNzYwMjc1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI3MDE3Mg@@._V1_.jpg
JENNIFER'S BODY (2009)

Black comedy horror. Amongst all the witty one liners there is some quite good scenes.
The scenes where Jennifer first appears in the kitchen is the best for me, Megan looks great covered in blood and spewing crap over the floor.
Sure, it's a throwaway popcorn movie aimed at a teen audience but there is enough fun to be had here to keep you watching..

..plus Megan looks really hot!
Old 7th August 2018, 09:27 AM
Cult Veteran

What happened to Megan Fox, at one point she was in so many movies and I can't even think when I last saw her!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th August 2018, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Megan was over here last week filming a new series Megan Fox’s Mysteries and Myths at Stonehenge.
She was to appear at London Film and Comic Con but cancelled (bah!)
I think she is still active in film but it is mostly off our cult films radar.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Burial ground.

very funny movie indeed about a weird looking professor called Ayres, who looks like Denis roussous, who unleases a load of zombies from a etruscan tomb.
as the zombies attack him professor Ayres shouts, stop i'm your friend. but they take no notice.

Later on three couples turn up who know the professor and are taking a vacation.

this is the best comedy zombie film that i have ever seen and is even funnier than Zombie creeping flesh which is hysterical. one of the couples has the funniest sons ever and is supposed to be a child but is infact a dwarf who looks likes Dario argento. he is hilarious and has a funny voice and hysterical dialogue like mamma, this cloth smells of death. but even weirder is the fact that he is in love with his mum and wants to have sex with her.

as for the zombies they actually look pretty good, ugly rotting specimims covered in worms. and there quite clever as well using tools knives, scyths, and even a battering ram to gain access to the villa where the couples are staying.

excellent gore as well with a maid getting nailed to a window and a zombie chopping her head off with a scyth. but best award must go to Michael the weird son turning into a zombie and bitting his mums boob off. superb.

and yes, i like this a lot with it's creepy soundtrack as well. 90.7 out of 100.
Old 7th August 2018, 10:49 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
What happened to Megan Fox, at one point she was in so many movies and I can't even think when I last saw her!
That ****ing awful Jonah Hex killed her career. Well that and the equally ****ing awful Jennifer's Body.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:18 AM
Cult Addict

Order of the Black Eagle
Nazi ninjas kidnap a laser scientist and take him to south america. A spy who has stolen diamonds from some Arabs is tasked to find the hideout and stop the nazis from ruling the world.
Despite being a James Bond ripoff, this is a relatively fun piece of garbage. There's a baboon in it and also a frozen Hitler.
Spoilers in the video, but still fun

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 7th August 2018, 02:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 207457
JENNIFER'S BODY (2009)

Black comedy horror. Amongst all the witty one liners there is some quite good scenes.
The scenes where Jennifer first appears in the kitchen is the best for me, Megan looks great covered in blood and spewing crap over the floor.
Sure, it's a throwaway popcorn movie aimed at a teen audience but there is enough fun to be had here to keep you watching..

..plus Megan looks really hot!
I went to the Hollywood premiere of Jennifer's Body at Mann's Chinese Theatre back in 2009 and met Megan Fox along with Amanda Seyfried, Johnny Simmons, Adam Brody and Diablo Cody and even managed to get a signed poster. Not the most pleasant experience with meeting Megan Fox as she seemed very disinterested and it felt like she didn't want to be there and i can't believe she was charging £80 for an autograph the other weekend at LFCC. On the other hand Amanda Seyfried was a pure joy and is as lovely in person as she is on screen.
Old 7th August 2018, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of the Austrian Oaks best and one of the best action films of the 80s. A classic but I actually like the sequel more. 9.5/10

Oh dear DC why can't your live action films be as good as your animated stuff. A lot better than the last animated effort as closer to the source material. Miles ahead of batman vs superman. 7.5/10

Up tonight predator 2 and friday the 13th the final chapter.

Like this? Share it using the links below!