Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2018, 11:26 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought an ex-rental VHS from Blockbuster and played it a lot of times. This, Empire Records and Dazed and Confused were essentially on loop for the millennium
Empire Records is terrific.

I think i've seen Dazed and Confused twice this year already.
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 01:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

91UZdE3JLAL._SL1500_.jpg

Multiple gun hits, head shots, arms cut off, heads blowing up, bodies cut in two, pole dancing, language. Oh my !
Not for the kiddies make no mistake. Good fun.
Old 9th August 2018, 06:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hard to Kill (1990).

Steven Seagal stars as Mason Storm, who ends up in a coma after being shot during a shootout at his house that kills his wife and son.
He reawakens seven years later to discover that his son is still alive and seeks revenge with the help of his nurse, Kelly LeBrock.

Definitely one of Seagal's better action flicks from his golden age. It contains all the brutal violence and action you can count on him for, broken bones, twisted limbs.
But also the story is stronger and Seagal is in top form, with his usual cheesy dialogue and ponytail. 7/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 515YcbymT+L._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg (16.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 9th August 2018, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The next instalment which the last film seems to have never taking place, as in that we found at Jason was cremated and Tommy went full psycho at the end. This time Tommy is still haunted by that night and decides to dig up jasons body and burn it , but thanks to a bit of lighting Jason is brought back even more powerful as maggot filled zombie and goes on a killing spree. 7/10

A wonderfully charming feel good movie that's just as enjoyable for adults as well as kids. 9.5/10
Old 9th August 2018, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

A wonderfully charming feel good movie that's just as enjoyable for adults as well as kids. 9.5/10
My grown man flatmate cried at this film and even more on the sequel
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th August 2018, 06:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
My grown man flatmate cried at this film and even more on the sequel
I.would lying if i said I didn't have tear my eye first time I watched it.

Every time I watch toy story 3 i well up like a big baby!
Justin101, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 07:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I keep meaning to watch Paddington (either of them ) just haven't got round to it .
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 07:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

TERROR
Norman J Warren's SUSPIRIA inspired supernatural thriller arrives via Vinegar Syndrome on this fantastic looking blu ray.
The plot doesn't bear any scrutiny, as it's all over the place and jumps from one horror theme to another, but it's very enjoyable and includes an interview with the very likeable Mr Warren himself.
SATAN'S SLAVE next, please!

XTRO
After disappearing in a flash of light several years ago, a husband / father returns to his home with some distinctly unsettling new alien habits.
This completely batshit crazy UK 80s horror throws everything but the kitchen sink in an effort to shock and gross out its intended audience.
Again, hugely enjoyable and presented in a stunning blu ray edition from Second Sight. Seriously, you have never seen it like this before.
Featuring loads of extras, including an interview with the highly entertaining director Harry Bromley Davenport himself. Highly recommended.
Old 9th August 2018, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I keep meaning to watch Paddington (either of them ) just haven't got round to it .
You should do, they're like the films that used to be made back in the day. Proper feel-good movies with a good script and engaging story! Amazing casts as well, you can get both of them for a tenner on Blu in CEX if you feel inclined!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Old 9th August 2018, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
TERROR
Norman J Warren's SUSPIRIA inspired supernatural thriller arrives via Vinegar Syndrome on this fantastic looking blu ray.
The plot doesn't bear any scrutiny, as it's all over the place and jumps from one horror theme to another, but it's very enjoyable and includes an interview with the very likeable Mr Warren himself.
SATAN'S SLAVE next, please!
This just reminded me, I watched a YouTube video yesterday where some guy was counting down his 20 best under-rated horror movies, most of them I thought yeah, that's criminally under-rated, I started to get a bit twitchy when he said Near Dark was under-rated. Then at number one was a little known film called Suspiria It's so under-rated that the DVD he was holding up to the screen was an anchor bay 'limited edition' of 60,000 units

Like this? Share it using the links below!