Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2018, 07:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
TERROR
Norman J Warren's SUSPIRIA inspired supernatural thriller arrives via Vinegar Syndrome on this fantastic looking blu ray.
The plot doesn't bear any scrutiny, as it's all over the place and jumps from one horror theme to another, but it's very enjoyable and includes an interview with the very likeable Mr Warren himself.
SATAN'S SLAVE next, please!
Terror was a pretty good little film from what i remember. The Vinegar Syndrome release is currently on my wish list.

And i wouldn't mind a release for Inseminoid as well.
Mojo, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 9th August 2018, 08:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
Terror was a pretty good little film from what i remember. The Vinegar Syndrome release is currently on my wish list.

And i wouldn't mind a release for Inseminoid as well.
VS blu ray of TERROR is definitely recommended.
Good call for INSEMINOID too
Old 9th August 2018, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hows exorcism was going to give it a watch.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Play misty for me.

This is a great Fatal attraction style thriller starring and directed by Clint eastwood. and he plays a radio dj called Dave garner who keeps getting asked to play a song called Misty by one of his female callers. but little does he know that this woman is deranged and obsessed with him. he casually picks him up in a bar not knowing who she is and they go back to his place and have sex. for him it is just a casual one off, but not for her who won't take no for an answer. things escalate and all hell breaks lose.

this is superb and well acted, especially by Jessica walter who plays the crazed Evelyn draper. Donna mills also co stars as Tobie, Clint eastwoods girlfriend in the film, who falls fowl of Evelyns rage.

one funny scene in the film is when clint is having a business lunch with an older woman,
and crazy Evelyn turns up in a jealous rage thinking that he's having an affair with her as well, and says, is that your idea of a dish?
Shes a little old for you, isn't she?
What is this, be kind to senior citizens week? 89.4 out of 100.

Last edited by Paul Zombie; 10th August 2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Giant Spider (2013)

This is the most fun I've had watching a film in a long time. A perfect tribute to the "Creature Features" of the 1950's, The Giant Spider gets everything spot on. The music, zooms, angles and acting are all reminiscent of those awesome films.

It also has a fantastic sense of humour (although this is poking fun at these movies, quite the opposite really) and all the old tropes of that time period, such as the general with the gruff voice and the looooong screams of terror as the creature makes its kill. Also, there the drunk, who takes a swig of whiskey (or some other spirit), sees the giant spider, pours his drink out (in a paper bag, of course) and prays to God to save his life while swearing never to drink for the rest of his life.

If you're a fan of the "Creature Features" from back then, you'll lap this up and have the time of your life. If not, you may not enjoy it as much. For me, this was amost perfect l!
Old 10th August 2018, 03:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dead & Breakfast (2004)
If it's the Anchor Bay DVD, presumably you found the Easter egg on this

From the special features menu, press 'right' from anything to highlight the crow. Press 'enter' for an 18 minute featurette
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th August 2018, 06:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Closet (2001).

French actor Daniel Auteuil is perfect in the role of Francois Pignon, a shy and anxious accountant who works in a condom factory.
To say he's unpopular there is an understatement. And he fears he'll lose his job, to add to the loss of his wife and teenage son in a recent bitter divorce.
But his neighbour, who has recently moved into his apartment block, gives him some advice about how to save his job by pretending to be gay so that they will be too scared to sack him.

Very funny French comedy, which pokes fun at PC and homophobia.

Gerard Depardieu also gives a hilarious performance playing Santini, an office homophobe, and racist who must now act nice to Pignon or risk losing his own job.

8/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51C7W52V1rL._SY445_.jpg (26.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 10th August 2018, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A girl with paranormal powers unwittingly awakens Mrs Voorhees good little boy who once again goes on a killing spree, killing all those dirty and filthy teens that cross his path. I always enjoyed this one, it's really Jason vs Carrie, also it's Hodder's first outing as Jason. 7/10

Now watching exorcism.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Grimsby is 'worse' imo D
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th August 2018, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
The Closet (2001).

French actor Daniel Auteuil is perfect in the role of Francois Pignon, a shy and anxious accountant who works in a condom factory.
To say he's unpopular there is an understatement. And he fears he'll lose his job, to add to the loss of his wife and teenage son in a recent bitter divorce.
But his neighbour, who has recently moved into his apartment block, gives him some advice about how to save his job by pretending to be gay so that they will be too scared to sack him.

Very funny French comedy, which pokes fun at PC and homophobia.

Gerard Depardieu also gives a hilarious performance playing Santini, an office homophobe, and racist who must now act nice to Pignon or risk losing his own job.

8/10.
You had me Auteiul ....
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!