Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2018, 01:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Review.
The 'chap' was also DOCTOR WHO at one point
I was never a massive Doctor who fan to be honest. But i remember Tom Baker and K9 more.
Old 8th September 2018, 01:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

To The Devil a Daughter.

Father Michael(Christopher Lee) is a defrocked priest who sets up his own sect of devil worshippers who plan to use a young girl(Natassja Kinski) for a ritual on her 18th birthday to bring the devil into the world. but her father trys to stop it from happening and asks John verny(Richard widmark) to help her as he is a writer and expert on the occult.

despite the films reputation as a bit of a flop, i have to say that i found it rather enjoyable eventhough the ending is rubbish and a big anticlimax. Christoper Lee is superb and chilling as the satanic priest, and the whole cast which also includes Honor Blackman and Denolhm Elliot are very good as well.

yes it does drag a bit, but the black mass rituals are well done and quite explicit by Hammer standards with graphic sex orgies.
some effects don't work quite as well though with the devil baby looking like a rubber glove puppet. but overall it is still entertaining and i award it 76.8 out of 100.
Old 8th September 2018, 05:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

French film the nest .

Albanian crime lord is being transported to trial by a specially trained police squad led by tough female commander Helene Laborie, Nexhap's hired killers attack the convoy en route, and the survivors retreat to a warehouse. Inside, Santino and his gang of thieves are stealing laptop computers. When Nexhap's men find the warehouse they prepare to assault, the police and thieves fight together to get through the night alive

If you like you're films pretty much decent none stop action then highly recommended.
Old 8th September 2018, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Aye, The Nest is fairly mental in places
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th September 2018, 10:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Most Dangerous Game (1932)

Sportsman Joel McCrea ends up ship wrecked on the island home of Leslie Banks who hams it up as the moustache twirling Count Zaroff, who hunts humans as prey and collects their heads as wall displays.

Filmed by many of the team behind King Kong, using the same jungle sets and Fay Wray, The Most Dangerous Game looks teriffic and is a sprightly affair. Banks may seem like a cliche but he's actually very good, forever scratching a dueling scar on his face as he concocts his nefarious safari. It's just a shame he played basically the same lip smacking role in the British thriller The Door With Seven Locks a mere eight years later.

The young Joel McCrea initially seems out of his depth, maybe it's with not having Randolph Scott alongside him, but steadily grows into the role but Wray, who starts off delightfully resorts to screaming once the action hits the island forest.

The Most Dangerous Game isn't a film i've watched many times, but it was one that on this occasion i thoroughly enjoyed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Most_Dangerous_Game_poster.jpg (79.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 9th September 2018, 11:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Eyeball.

A bunch of american tourists holidaying on a bus in Spain, including a chap having a affair with his secretery, a couple of lesbians, and a creepy priest, arent they always , are getting stalked and killed by a insane maniac who cuts out the victims eyes.

this is a fun giallo that i enjoyed very much. It's has nice sunny locations in Spain which director Umberto Lenzi makes the most of. and unlike most other typical giallos the killer is in red and wears matching red gloves compared to the normal black.
Not quite as gory as you would imagine given the subject matter but there are still a few decent kills and nudity throughout.

As usual the police are as useless as ever, as are most of the cast who continue on with their holiday without a care in the world despite all the murders going on.
One line in the film that made me laugh is when a doctor is doing an autopsy on one of the killer's victims and a police man says to him, do you think its the work of a sadist?

Yes, i recommend this entertaining and silly giallo and award 80.5 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_lgacckNJ9Z1qzr8nao1_1280.jpg (13.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 9th September 2018, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Oooh I can like again....

FRENZY AHOY

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th September 2018, 09:03 PM
Cult Addict

Inferno
Robert Langdon wakes up in a hospital bed and immediately has to escape with a doctor from a cop trying to kill her. He then discovers a plot to unleash a deadly virus which would kill half the population and has to stop it.
I always have enjoyed the Dan Brown adaptations and out of the 3, I felt that this was the best one. Shame about the watch being broken.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 9th September 2018, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Shaun of the Dead. Shaun's (Simon Pegg) carefree life is disrupted first by his girlfriend dumping him and then by a zombie apocalypse. This massively successful romantic zombie comedy horror is as fresh and funny as it was 14 years ago and is still one of the best films of the 2000s.
Old 10th September 2018, 08:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Nun. A priest and a soon-to-be nun head to an abbey in Romania to investigate strange happenings in another instalment in the Conjuring franchise. And, sadly, not a good one. We're back in original Annabelle territory (I.e rubbish) rather than the two Conjuring films or even last year's Annabelle Creation quality, and it's all very tedious, overblown and unscary. Tessa Farmaiga looks so much like her older sister that it's actually distracting, to the point you're half-expecting them to reveal her character to be related to the Warrens, and if you're looking for any intelligence, character or real tension, sorry, but there's nun in this film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!