Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

TALL DUDE 22nd September 2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14305)
Hahaha, nah I didn't. In truth I could barely understand a word half of them said, they have some strong accents there and have a habit of switching from English to Welsh.

Aye,and thats just the sheep.:rofl:

Good to have ya back.Did you try bonny street market for 23rd century discs?
They had quite a few when i was down in august.

Was in woolies today,and all their chart dvds are 9.90 or less,so picked up outpost,day of the dead(remake) and feast.Also picked up dark corners for 4.99.
Yowza!

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 05:09 PM

I've gotta say, I wasn't too blown away by Outpost. I was really looking forward to seeing those good old nazi zombies return to our screens but the whole thing felt a bit lacklustre, it could have been so good but it just never seemed to get going. It had some pretty decent death scenes though, and that always helps ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd September 2008 05:42 PM

Sorry Hal,I disagree there mate,I thought the Nazi zoms in their regallia and green faces were great!
I think the slow build up was intentional-if we'd seen the zoms/ghosts from the word go,then we'd have had just another zombie gorefest.
I thought it was atmospheric IMHO.......:)

cloud 22nd September 2008 06:09 PM

I dunno the street names to be honest. But I did find one opposite KFC, a little gift shop/newsagents type thingy. I'm well happy to have upped my 23rd Century collection to 11. Only cool dudes collect 23rd Century baaabbbbbeeeeh! :cool:

EDIT: thanks for the kind words by the way about my return.

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14317)
Sorry Hal,I disagree there mate,I thought the Nazi zoms in their regallia and green faces were great!
I think the slow build up was intentional-if we'd seen the zoms/ghosts from the word go,then we'd have had just another zombie gorefest.
I thought it was atmospheric IMHO.......:)

The Nazi zombies did look great and really stole the show every time they were on screen. It was just the film as a whole I was a bit disappointed with. Sorry mate. I was kind of expecting a zombie gorefest, maybe thats why I was disappointed :D

bedorca 22nd September 2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14321)
I dunno the street names to be honest. But I did find one opposite KFC, a little gift shop/newsagents type thingy. I'm well happy to have upped my 23rd Century collection to 11. Only cool dudes collect 23rd Century baaabbbbbeeeeh! :cool:

EDIT: thanks for the kind words by the way about my return.

I agree. 23rd Century DVD's rock :woot:

They are getting as rare as rocking horse shit now..........unless you own a coastal bargain store :rofl:

Mojo 22nd September 2008 07:42 PM

Nude For Satan ( Redemption USA )
Words can't really begin to describe this one, but if you've seen The Devil's Wedding Night, you'll know what to expect. Utterly bonkers :D

Scream...And Die!
Finally got to see this one from Jose ( Vampyres ) Larraz on US dvd. Quite slow moving and probably a bit overlong (nearly 100 mins ). It's certainly no Vampyres ( what is? ) but it's enjoyable in its own right and, indeed, plays like a Giallo at times. Unfortunately the dvd cover is a bit of a giveaway as to the identity of the killer. D'oh!

:)

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14299)
I made it my personal mission to leave there with at least one 23rd Century disc. So after the Super Sunday clash I looked high and low but found zilch. Then just as I had lost hope I found a small shop with two small boxes full of them :cool:. Yowza!

If your ever in Leeds cloud, check out Leeds market. It's a bloody gold mine for 23rd Century dvd's. I bought a few from there a while back Mausoleum, Freaky Fairytales and Massacre at Central High. Theres a stall that always has four boxes full of them for a quid each. The corner shop on the end of my street has just started stocking them aswell, they dont have any horror though unfortunatley, just naff looking action films.

cloud 23rd September 2008 02:48 PM

I dunno if I'd ever dare step foot in Leeds. I used to go out with a lass in Wakefield and I whenever I'd go out I'd have some really bitter Leeds Utd supporters shouting abuse at me whenever I wore a Man Utd shirt.

By the way if you don't already have it then get "The Chilling". It's a very rare Nazi Zombie film yet to get an official DVD release.

Halloween_22 23rd September 2008 03:05 PM

Cheers mate, I'll look out for that one next time i'm down there. The market's always good for finding obscure stuff, luckily the stall owners dont seem to realise though and sell them off for 50p or a quid each. Recently picked up Popcorn, Burial Ground, Fade to Black (on vhs), Violence in a Woman's Prison, Dollman and Bronx Warriors 1 & 2 down there all dirt cheap :cool:

Fair point about Leeds :D One of my mates is a huge Man utd fan and he takes some right abuse sometimes from Leeds fans when were at the pub and what not and he's wearing their shirt. Were not all like that, promise ;) lol.