Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th November 2018, 02:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

King Solomon's Mines (1985, J Lee Thompson)
Or Cannon go 'Indy' . Chamberlain ... Lom ... Sharon Stone ... John Rhys Davies. About as camp as it gets as Dickie says most of his lines through gritted teeth . Also endearingly racist in that Cannony way . I await the sequel hungrily .

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th November 2018, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
King Solomon's Mines (1985, J Lee Thompson)
Or Cannon go 'Indy' . Chamberlain ... Lom ... Sharon Stone ... John Rhys Davies. About as camp as it gets as Dickie says most of his lines through gritted teeth . Also endearingly racist in that Cannony way . I await the sequel hungrily .
This was on my list of films to watch from when I saw Electric Boogaloo If I remember rightly, no-one involved seemed to think it was any good
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th November 2018, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's their Temple Of Doom really. On a diet . Hilarious beastie at the end etc. It's daft but saner than say, their Hercules ... hmm not the best example ... hmmm.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th November 2018, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alan Quartermain And The Lost City Of Gold (1986, Gary Nelson)
This is more like it. As Cannon as they come. Dickie & Shazza battle their way to a semi mystical kingdom. Bonkers. Even more racist than KSM .

[B]
Old 26th November 2018, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cliffhanger (1993, Renny Harlin)
Therapy through ordeal? Rocky climbs big rocks with a stony look on his puss. Trinity botches anozzer accent . Craig bleedin' Fairbrassmonkeysup'ereinnit??? Ahem.
After the obligatory failure to 'hang on' ... Rambo returns to repercussions and robbers in this icy tale of shouting and snow. Conned into 'rescuing' some scumbags, Oscar struggles with guilt, Henry bleedin' Portraitofaserialkiller's angry face and some awfully cliched situations ....

Ahem. A bit silly really. Was it not beset with problems?
Next!!

[B]
Old 26th November 2018, 09:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Army of Darkness (1992)

My first ever viewing of the original theatrical cut of Sam Raimi's best film.

Strange thing is i didn't think it was much different at all from the directors cut. Seemingly slightly sleeker, a bit pacier (If that's possible) and a different ending, but on the whole not vastly different. Aside from the love scene with Embeth Davidtz is missing but that's all as far as i could tell. Trims must have been made to existing directors cut scenes rather than removed entirely to make up the fifteen minute difference.

Fantastic film whichever version you watch and a loving homage to Harryhausen throughout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-Army_of_Darkness_(1992_Film).jpg (26.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 26th November 2018, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Fantastic probably my film of the year as democrat says it you have Netflix you need to watch it , if you do it get it! 10/10

Old 26th November 2018, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Army of Darkness (1992)

My first ever viewing of the original theatrical cut of Sam Raimi's best film.

Strange thing is i didn't think it was much different at all from the directors cut. Seemingly slightly sleeker, a bit pacier (If that's possible) and a different ending, but on the whole not vastly different. Aside from the love scene with Embeth Davidtz is missing but that's all as far as i could tell. Trims must have been made to existing directors cut scenes rather than removed entirely to make up the fifteen minute difference.

Fantastic film whichever version you watch and a loving homage to Harryhausen throughout.

I’ve not watched this for years and I think it’s well overdue for a rewatch!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th November 2018, 10:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Fantastic probably my film of the year as democrat says it you have Netflix you need to watch it , if you do it get it! 10/10

It's certainly up there.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
Old 27th November 2018, 12:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Divide 2011.

After a nuclear attack some residents take shelter below the building with the superintendent, soon tensions mount and turn on each other.

There is a good star cast in this from Michael Biehn, Courtney B Vance, Rosanna Arquette, but it's more like tension being built up in a place that's welded shut on food that's rationed and radiation poisoning mixed with cabin fever, filmed over a period of time

I had to watch this twice I thought I missed something, the bombs drop...why?? No explanation given as to who or why, why was one person taken by the clean up crew, hair shaved and tested in a water incubator. Only decent thing about this film was the soundtrack and the violence and if the bombs drop head to America as there seems that people who build bunkers have an endless supply of nicotine. 3 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 378f6742353ea6b439fd0d6cec6bd01ab43e9718.jpg (88.8 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!