Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2018, 01:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Sherlock holmes in New York.

Sherlock Holmes(Roger moore) and Dr Watson(patrick macnee) rush off to New York after Holmes fears for the safety of an old flame Irene adler. and finds that her son has been kidnapped by his old advirsary Professor Moriarty who is out to humiliate Holmes and pull off the crime of the century.

i have to say that this isn't the greatest version of Sherlock Holmes ever made but it is still quite an enjoyable watch nevertheless. Roger moore is definately no Basil rathbone or Peter cushing but his performance isn't too bad at all, despite the silly disguises and hilarious sideburns. Patrick macnee is also an okay Watson eventhough he dosent really have an awful lot to do. and Charlotte rampling as the prim and proper Irene adler is pretty competent as well.

But overall not too bad at all for a movie made for TV that has that cheap TV feel, and will still give it a solid 69 out of 100.
Old 27th November 2018, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just unwrapped the william castle box from indicator (to say i'm amazed is an understatement!!!), watching 13 Ghosts for the first time & loving it!

Can anybody help with other Castle films on blu?
And is there a special edition of house on haunted hill available? I just want more of the great man's films! I am truly amazed!

Many thanks in advance!
Old 27th November 2018, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Just unwrapped the william castle box from indicator (to say i'm amazed is an understatement!!!), watching 13 Ghosts for the first time & loving it!

And is there a special edition of house on haunted hill available? I just want more of the great man's films! I am truly amazed!

Many thanks in advance!
Check out The Night Walker, that was a good movie, it has been a while since I last saw it, good atmospheric chiller
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th November 2018, 09:07 PM
Cult Addict

William Castle produced "Rosemarys baby" nuff said.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 27th November 2018, 09:30 PM
Cult Addict

Sightseers
A couple go on a caravan holiday and after the first destination, the boyfriend kills a litter bug and thus begins a killing spree.
A great black comedy from Ben Wheatley, just everything about it screams British; even a pair of crotchless knickers are hand knitted . Anyway can't find fault with it. If you ain't seen it then change that.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 27th November 2018, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

I love Sightseers one of my favourite films of recent years, plus points for the use of "Season of the witch" on soundtrack.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 28th November 2018, 02:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Bloody Birthday.

three children are born at the same time in a hospital during a solar eclipse
which apparently is a bad sign as it means that they will be born without emotion. and this proves to be true when they go on a murder rampage in their town on their tenth birthdays. although i wonder why it took them so long to begin culling the local neighbourhood?

This i thought was a very interesting and entertaining film indeed, and made a nice change with killer kids in a slasher movie.
And it delivers some great thrills and suspense with inventive kills as well. and not to mention a fair amount of nudity in this slasher classic too.

The cast are also pretty good as well, especially in the roles of the three obnoxious little shits. Elizabeth Hoy who plays debbie the angelic looking barbie doll is particulary effective and creepy, and even charges the local kids to perve on her sister through a peep hole. and Magnum toting Curtis, the horrible little brat who goes all Dirty Harry blowing away all the locals.

Certainly well worth a watch indeed. a little cheesy but great fun. 80 out of 100.
Old 28th November 2018, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

National Lampoon's Vacation
Clark Griswald takes his family to California via a road trip to go to Americas most popular theme park. Anything that can go wrong during the trip does.
Still a great comedy. Not much else to say really

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 28th November 2018, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post

Many thanks in advance!
That's weird, mine just arrived today Aside from The House on Haunted Hill, which I'd only seen for the first time last month I don't think I've seen any William Castle films!

I've seen the 90's version of 13 Ghosts though And I've seen Matinee!!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th November 2018, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enjoy 'storming' the Castle then both of you .... his films can be a lot of fun imo.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!