Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179411Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2019, 06:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Strike Force (Barry Shear)

Low budget NY set 'thriller'. Features a young American Gigolo . And Joe Spinell. And that's aboudid youse guys. Can't we get a "shrug" emoticon ???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st January 2019, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

SS Experiment Camp 1976

Near the end of World War II, female prisoners are used in a experiment with soldiers of the Third Reich.

The Nazi's were prone to do some sick twisted experiments on POWs during WW2 which was horrific, in this exploitation of those I did try my best to not laugh at some of the scenes in this especially a guy that's lost his knackers and running about daft and the operation of so called transplant and the acting wasnt the best, it can be watchable but not over and over again. 4-5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss-experiment-love-camp-uncut-import.jpg (38.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st January 2019, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Autopsy of Jane Doe 2016.

While investigating a family murder a body is found half buried and taken to a coroner's office, the father/son team try to piece together the body.

This is a decent chiller type movie, it doesn't rely on jump scares but more on the psychological side of imagination mixed with claustrophobia with good acting from Brian Cox and Emile Hirsch as the father son team trying to find answers from the dead body. The film goes from a steady pace to fast and back to steady that can seem to be confusing in some bits but worth a watch. 8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-autopsy-of-jane-doe-59c8a3d4cbf0c.jpg (51.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st January 2019, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Samurai Princess if you've seen Tokyo gore police then you know exactly what to expect , only difference is T G P is recommended this one isn't , I do sometimes wonder what goes on in a person head or they must be on some form of strong medication to come up with such shenanigans as film like this that are ****ed up , mental , bizarre .
Old 31st January 2019, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Captain Clegg (1962)

A classic Hammer adventure yarn about smuggling with a great horror element as ghostly skeletal riders haunt Romney Marshes to scare off the curious as Captain Clegg (a brilliant Peter Cushing) and his band of looters go about their nefarious business.

I love this film, it has a beautiful blend of action, superstition, romance and of course good old skull duggery. Yvonne Romain adds beauty to proceedings as Oliver Reed, a square jawed Naval captain Patrick Allen and yes, Michael Ripper, bring the swash and buckle and the ghost riders look terrific.

Although closer to Poldark and Jamaica Inn than it is to Dracula and The Curse of Frankenstein, Captain Clegg is still a brilliant slice of Gothic melodrama.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captain-Clegg-poster.jpg (31.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st January 2019, 10:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lethal Vows 1999.

A Doctor is accused by his ex wife of poisoning his second wife and sets out to prove his guilt.

Based on the true story of Richard Overton who was convicted of poisoning both his wives using selenium in a coffee can.
John Ritter plays the respected doctor and family man with a very dark hidden persona, Marg Helgenberger plays the ex wife trying to find her ex husband's guilt but with the mind games being played it becomes very suspenseful and chilling to the end with the doctor's last phone call. Worth a watch if you like true story's.
Old 1st February 2019, 03:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Night of the Sorcerers (1974)

Director Amando Di Assorio is best known for his excellent Blind Dead films. Although Night of the Sorcerers doesn't really come close to the greatness of those films, it does share some of the ideas conceived by them, most obviously the graphic whipping sequences which had censors the world over biting their knuckles due to the nudity and blood on breast sequences. the sacrificial scenes are quite striking, heads roll down shoots and blood gushes out of the dismembered bodies after them in scenes of almost violent poetry that would thrill the drive-in crowds that Di Assorio was aiming at.

Although set in Africa, the feature was filmed in a Spanish safari park, located near Madrid. Di Assorio makes the film look good, the jungles are lush and the river scenes vast, certainly giving the appearance of the huge African terrains. Di Assorio adds vivid colours to the mix and this combined with the swirling mists and occult storyline gives the film quite a unique and often dream-like style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Night-of-the-Sorcerers-large.jpg (97.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 1st February 2019, 04:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Night of the Sorcerers (1974)
That sounds like something I would enjoy a lot. I see there is a Shout Factory Blu-ray double feature of it and The Loreley's Grasp, a film I haven't seen. Having read a bit, it's probably like something which would be well worth a blind buy.
Old 1st February 2019, 04:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That sounds like something I would enjoy a lot. I see there is a Shout Factory Blu-ray double feature of it and The Loreley's Grasp, a film I haven't seen. Having read a bit, it's probably like something which would be well worth a blind buy.
The Loreley's Grasp is one of my top 30 horror films.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 1st February 2019, 04:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Loreley's Grasp is one of my top 30 horror films.
I've never seen it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!