Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2019, 01:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Tower of Evil (1972)

A film that's chock full of nudity, sex and gruesome violence - and that's just the quieter moments. Heads roll, hands are severed and Robin Askwith's speared by a pagan artifact and that's just for starters.

The story then takes a left turn and decides it wants to be more than just a gory slasher so the script throws in the ancient god Baal - the god of fertility - perhaps that's why there's so much shagging taking place. Whilst it's a little simplistic towards it's pagan rituals it really doesn't matter as the whole thing is so balmy and wildly entertaining.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (12.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th February 2019, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Love Tower me. Glad you enjoyed it

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th February 2019, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sex And Fury (1975)

Revengers don't come much bloodier than this. Asian madness as a traumatic childhood event spurs on a quest for ultimate justice. Slightly stylized fight scenes lift this from curio to a must have for 70s and Oriental fans.

Straw Dogs (Peckinpah)

Lawdy! Meet the neighbours indeed. Dustin Hoffman and his accent move to Wickershire (with Twinky in tow!) where the locals are ... a lively bunch to say the least. A film that still works ... and how.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th February 2019, 07:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Nail Gun Massacre. 1985.

After a girl is gang raped, someone is using a nail gun to exact revenge on the perpetrators involved.

This was done on a cheap budget that makes it more laughable than horror, the killer's voice is like Darth Vader with a sore throat, the nails looked like rubber, the acting isnt that great that it's like they have no talent if they did have it hidden somewhere. If you want a laugh with a blend of nudity, check it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagemagic.jpg (14.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st February 2019, 01:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creepozoids 1987.

A group of survivors from a nuclear war take shelter in a building, unaware it was a government research facility and encounter an alien species.

A salute to the 1950s B movies with this film, the writer and director must have seen too many and thought we can do something like that and created this film. To be honest I enjoyed it, it's not great, filmed with a good steady pace and with Linnea Quigley who can seem to keep her clothes on does save the film from being a disaster, the special effects are not great but they are decent. Worth a look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creepozoids-Pic-1.jpg (42.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st February 2019, 04:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rear Window 1998.

Architect Jason Kemp recently paralysed in a car crash, spies on his neighbours and thinks a man has murdered his wife, with his assistant they try to uncover the truth.

Filmed three years after his horse riding accident Christopher Reeve takes on the role of Jason, with his flat wired with all the technology he needs. Daryl Hannah plays Claudia his assistant with his work and his snooping co spy. There are some tense moments but not as much as the original and some laughter moments, like any other Hitchcock movies that have been remade best stick to the original, any fan of Reeve's as I am it's watchable but not the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear_Window_27.jpg (18.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st February 2019, 02:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Formula For A Murder.

Joanna(Christina nagy) is paralised in a wheelchair after falling down stairs as a child after being raped by a priest. and years later falls in love with her fitness coach Craig( david Warbeck out of The Beyond. they get married but things take a sinister turn.

Not a bad later day giallo at all, even if the maniac is revealed pretty quickly. and has decent plot twists, creepy dolls and a nice soundtrack, even if some of it has been borrowed from The New York Ripper and Bronx Warriors.
Overall this is a okay watch from director alberto de martino who did The Exorcist rip off The Antichrist. although this is a bit more restrained than that one despite the odd murder or two, and has no goat licking.
71 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Formula%2BFor%2BA%2BMurder.jpg (46.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 21st February 2019, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My copy of the Shameful DVD is still sat on my shelf sealed, how long has it been out now 5 years?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st February 2019, 04:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Redneck (1973)

Telly Savalas and Franco Nero star as two robbers in the immediate aftermath of a heist gone wrong as they steal a car in order to get away. Unknown to them young Mark Lester is hidden away in the back of the car and the getaway quickly becomes a kidnapping as the duo flee the police.

Redneck is a pacy affair but i feel Savlas who is so OTT sort of let's it down a bit, whereas Nero and Lester form a bond Savalas is like a ticking bomb who shouts, growls and shouts some more. You have to feel for Lester, featuring in debatable scenes in this and the previous years What the Peeper Saw.

Other than that the film is an enjoyable but twisted watch even if it is at times like some sort of travelogue, but the cinematography is good. Not so much a Poliziotteschi, more of a f*cked up road movie (Think Bava's Rabid Dogs and you'll be on the right lines).
Old 22nd February 2019, 12:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Love Redneck.

Over The Top (1987)

And people say that Lynch's films are weird. A Cannon custody battler. Yeah, not a genre I'm over familiar with tbh . I remember Bazza Norman sneering quite a bit at the time. I'm just stumped. Legally the scenario is a minefield . And the bairn. Sheesh. I'll hear nae more about Giovanni Frezza thenk you very much . Loggia cries at the end. I nearly did too (relief).

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!