LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2019, 10:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 213140
CAPTAIN MARVEL

After the sh*t storm that has been going on in the past months about this movie due to the Marvel marketing and Brie Larson's comments I was fearing the worst.
The movie was okay. A serviceable if slightly underwhelming origin movie that slips in to the lower case Marvel movies.
One of the problems is that at a later point in the movie, they have Carol Danvers receive her full powers. She is REALLY powerful almost verging on ridiculous.
How are they going to proceed now going forward. They are going to have trouble finding villains for her to fight because this movie makes Captain Marvel unstoppable.
So for me, an entertaining mish mash of good and bad ideas but not the trash fire I was expecting.
I really can't get excited for this, will see it next week but expect it to be average and I think it's to do with Brie nothing to do with her comments really she just looks kinda butch not beautiful or graceful like Gal Gadot, I'm looking forward more to the other "captain marvel" film shazam than this
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 10:44 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I really can't get excited for this, will see it next week but expect it to be average and I think it's to do with Brie nothing to do with her comments really she just looks kinda butch not beautiful or graceful like Gal Gadot, I'm looking forward more to the other "captain marvel" film shazam than this
Are they doing away with the likes of Hemsworth, Downey jr and co after Endgame or are they all still contracted to Marvel?
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 10:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are they doing away with the likes of Hemsworth, Downey jr and co after Endgame or are they all still contracted to Marvel?
From what I've heard doing away and introducing a new group of heroes which should include xmen and fantastic four
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 10:58 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
From what I've heard doing away and introducing a new group of heroes which should include xmen and fantastic four
It sounds like a good place for me to jump off then.

That last Fantastic Four film was absolute crap.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It sounds like a good place for me to jump off then.

That last Fantastic Four film was absolute crap.
Yes it was, they have always been one of my favourites and I can't understand how people have gotten them wrong move wise , especially Doom. With any luck marvel will fix it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

It's still all speculation but this could the end for some of the characters such as Iron Man and Captain America. No Thor movie planned yet for the future. Any Avengers movie after ENDGAME could have Captain Marvel leading the charge as new heroes are coming.
There are still standalone movies to come such as Spider-Man, Black Widow and DR Strange 2 plus the new FOX titles which would bring The Fantastic Four and The X-Men and even Deadpool into this universe.
ENDGAME marks the end of this phase of Marvel movies and it's still up in the air as to how the MCU will continue on after this.
Old 8th March 2019, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
It's still all speculation but this could the end for some of the characters such as Iron Man and Captain America. No Thor movie planned yet for the future. Any Avengers movie after ENDGAME could have Captain Marvel leading the charge as new heroes are coming.
There are still standalone movies to come such as Spider-Man, Black Widow and DR Strange 2 plus the new FOX titles which would bring The Fantastic Four and The X-Men and even Deadpool into this universe.
ENDGAME marks the end of this phase of Marvel movies and it's still up in the air as to how the MCU will continue on after this.
If they bring fantastic four they can bring in Galactus but please don't make him a bloody cloud again!!
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th March 2019, 12:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Char Man

FF comedy. 3 boobs fake a shaky cam 'expose'. Guess what happens? As we've reached this point in cinema history ... I can't go on as the tears are streaming down my face with laughter. The bit where they fall out is priceless. Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th March 2019, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
If they bring fantastic four they can bring in Galactus but please don't make him a bloody cloud again!!
Indeed.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th March 2019, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pandemic 2007.

On returning home from Australia, Ames Smith takes ill during the flight and dies, the CDC gets involved and quarantines the passengers but when one passenger escapes into the city of Los Angeles it becomes a race against time to stop the spread and find a vaccine.

This was a not to bad TV movie, French Stewart (3rd Rock from the sun) takes on a more serious role as Dr Carl Ratner teamed with Dr Kayla Martin played by Tiffany Thiessen (saved by the bell) . Yes it does have one or two flaws and a total asshole who decides to not follow rules. It does have good tense moments. Faye Dunaway, Eric Roberts, Michael Masse and Bob Gunton did help the movie to be good but not great, worth a watch for over two hours. 5-6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19860-pandemic-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (38.8 KB, 6 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!