Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 02:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terror in the Wax Museum 1973.

After the death of a proprietor of a wax museum, police have no clues and determine to find the culprit or are the displays coming to life.

This was a good thriller type film with a good cast from Broderick Crawford, Elsa Lanchester, Nicole Shelby and small appearance by John Carradine. I thought this was a bad remake of House Of Wax at the start but wasn't, the plot tends to go sideways and loose its way then goes back on track again. Elsa Lanchester plays her part as the guardian of the young Nicole but her motives soon appear as to what she wants, shame nobody slapped her. May not be for everyone's taste can be worth checking it out. 6 out of 10

Last edited by MrBarlow; 12th March 2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Holmes & Watson

Well, I laughed. That's what a comedy is meant to engender innit?? Yes, tis a bit crass at points ... just like EVERY Ferrell film . Tisn't as f@@@@@g diiiire as Jack & Jill was either. Wee Kelly McD made me titter wi her glesca burr n aw ken sake All in all, I will return to Baker Streeet ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th March 2019, 11:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Holmes & Watson

Well, I laughed. That's what a comedy is meant to engender innit?? Yes, tis a bit crass at points ... just like EVERY Ferrell film . Tisn't as f@@@@@g diiiire as Jack & Jill was either. Wee Kelly McD made me titter wi her glesca burr n aw ken sake All in all, I will return to Baker Streeet ....
'Jack And Jill' was a bona fida classic

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th March 2019, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Shredder (2001)

Late entry into the post Scream slasher cycle that stands out thanks to it's snowbound ski resort setting.

Certainly some of the characters enter into the moronic category but i can forgive that as the film is a pacy affair with a fair bit of whodunnit mystery about it, plus considering i've seen this at least twice before i'd forgotten who the killer actually was even if i hadn't forgotten the memorable finale and one or two decent kills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-ShredderFilm.jpg (20.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 12th March 2019, 12:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Shredder (2001)
I haven't seen that and hadn't previously heard of it, so I've noted the title. Thanks!
Old 12th March 2019, 01:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen that and hadn't previously heard of it, so I've noted the title. Thanks!
B_e mentioned it was coming out Stateside via Scorpion the other day and asked if anyone had seen it, i replied and it made me dig out the disc to rewatch.

You 'liked' my original reply too.
Old 12th March 2019, 02:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
B_e mentioned it was coming out Stateside via Scorpion the other day and asked if anyone had seen it, i replied and it made me dig out the disc to rewatch.

You 'liked' my original reply too.
I saw the question and reply, but your post in this thread was the first time I've seen anything of substance about the film (I'm discounting cover artwork and knowing it's a snowbound horror film).

As the UK release appears to be either non-anamorphic or pan & scan and I don't currently want to spend £11+ on the US DVD, a purchase will have to wait.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th March 2019, 04:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw the question and reply, but your post in this thread was the first time I've seen anything of substance about the film (I'm discounting cover artwork and knowing it's a snowbound horror film).

As the UK release appears to be either non-anamorphic or pan & scan and I don't currently want to spend £11+ on the US DVD, a purchase will have to wait.
Yeah, i think the UK disc is cut as well. I ditched mine straight away.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Pal Joey (1957)

Frank Sinatra plays an opportunistic, womanizing night club singer in this San Francisco set musical in which he gets involved with wealthy widow Rita Hayworth and up and coming chorus girl Kim Novak.

The plot is pretty basic but the three stars sparkle, Sinatra was made for this role as Haywoth and Novak bitch it out for his attention. Featuring two classic songs - Sinatra belts out The Lady is a Tramp in front of a bemused Hayworth - and Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered another show stopper but despite the glamour of the gals and the smoky jazz club aura of Sinatra, the film is sneakily won by Cairn Terrier Snuffy who steals all his scenes from under their noses.
Old 13th March 2019, 05:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Killer cop.

Claudio cassanelli stars a cop investigating drug dealers and ends up in a terrorist plot after a short sighted chap blows up a hotel.

Solid crime thriller from director Luciano Ercoli the chap who did the giallo classic Death walks in high heels, etc. a bit slow and takes a while to get going but is well worth a watch with all the complex twists and turns. and delivers some good action as the film progresses.
Arthur kennedy from Living Dead at the morgue also co-stars too as his supperior, and seems to be totally in character from his zombie role.
70 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 3eZDdYhGcGys3xSG.jpg (69.2 KB, 7 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!