Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179031Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2019, 03:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Koch's DOG SOLDIERS blows Scream Factorys' out of the water.

Looks and sounds amazing!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th March 2019, 03:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Koch's DOG SOLDIERS blows Scream Factorys' out of the water.

Looks and sounds amazing!

Is the SF one that bad, I hadn’t got round to buying it yet, but if it’s crap I’ll save my money and get this one instead?
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th March 2019, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Attachment 213372

The Collector
aka Home alone meets Saw - not a great movie, some gore effects and nothing else memorable not sure what was the idea with all the slow motion parts..
Will say The Collection ... the sequel ... was slightly more bearable imho. Elements of unpleasantness means I shall never return to TC
Next!!
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2019, 04:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightshooters (2018)

Brit second tier actioner. Recommended wink wink. A film crew accidentally 'shoot' a real crime. Cue chasies!!
Someones from Emmerdale & Hollyoaks flit about . Lotsa gaaangster dialogue you cahnts. A hoot if you likes a larf n that. Poundland will probably have the BD by summer

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2019, 05:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Yet more planet chucking nonsense from Marvel but this time lacking any characterization due to there being quite simply far too many characters. No one gets enough screen time and everyone from Iron Man to Thor to Black Panther is wasted as the screenplay seemingly can't wait to do away with chat - the reason Avengers Assemble was so good was because of the beautifully written dialogue meaning we could invest in the characters - and hurtle the viewer into the next identi-kit CGI action set piece.

Luckily the end of the film has half the cast disintegrated into dust which should leave some breathing space for the surviving characters. To say i really didn't give a shit as to who was left at the end really sums up how much up their own CGI arse these Marvel films have gone.

Very disappointing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1t8xCe9jwL._SY679_.jpg (92.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 17th March 2019, 05:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wild Country (2005)

Low budget Scottish indie horror about a group of young hikers on the moors who come across an abandoned baby. As they try to get the baby to safety a strange creature begins to hunt them down.

Starring Martin Compston and Peter Capaldi, this works on as many levels as it fails. The middle section is far too dark, but i guess thats what comes with filming on the Scottish moors at night time but aside from that i rather enjoyed Wild Country.

The creature is classic 50's style practical B-movie monster flick fodder that might make you smirk on first viewing but i really didn't mind as sometimes you just know when film makers are being as ambitious as they can on a tiny budget, so even if the creatures are lacking that bit of believability the gory mess they make of their victims certainly isn't.

Maybe Wild Country isn't that good in reality but coming straight after Avengers: Infinity War it proved a breath of fresh air.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wild-country-poster-md.jpg (35.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 17th March 2019, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted D!

Redcon 1 ((2018)

Viral outbreak zombie caper. I kept shouting "Save Now!!" at the screen ... I have played a lot of FPSs ahem. A team is sent into an infected zone (no nodding off at the back now...) but find more questions than answers. Flashbacks litter the narrative. Middling and 20 min too long ....

[B]
Old 17th March 2019, 09:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. A year after the previous film "the Fisherman" returns from the not-dead-after-all to slice up some more idiots on his way to Jennifer Love Hewitt. As dumb at it sounds, but still quite fun in a 'turn your brain off' way, with nice smaller turns from Jennifer Esposito, Jeffrey Combs and a bizarrely uncredited Jack Black, hamming it up amusingly as a dreadlocked stoner.
Old 18th March 2019, 05:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Zombie Honeymoon (2004)

True love...zombie style. A unique take on the typical zombie movie setup that grabbed from the first few seconds thanks to a convincing performance from newly weds Graham Sibley and especially Tracy Coogan as the bride.

For a low budget film it's all very convincing. Sibley's zombie transformation happens over the course of the film rather than immediately as with most films of this ilk thus allowing the characters to, if not come to terms with the affliction, then at least adapt and figure out what to do, and the fact the film focuses on how Coogan deals with her husbands transformation keeps the whole thing sort of grounded in reality.

Of course when alls said and done Zombie Honeymoon is a zombie film so thankfully the gore isn't skimped on but it is given a bit of emotional impact which i found rather refreshing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zombie_honeymoon_2004_poster.jpg (19.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 18th March 2019, 10:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Is the SF one that bad, I hadn’t got round to buying it yet, but if it’s crap I’ll save my money and get this one instead?
It is Rik-don't wast your dosh mate.Almost unwatchable,especially the dark scenes,which as you know is a sizeable chunk of the running time...
I love Scream Factory's releases but with this and Mad Max-**** knows what happened.
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!