Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

vincenzo 28th May 2010 10:13 PM

The Last Wave is another excellent Weir film.

BioZombie 28th May 2010 10:52 PM

The other day I went on a bit of a film marathon. I introduced my GF to two horror classics

Dawn of the Dead (Arrow Blu-Ray of course)
Texas Chainsaw Masscre (also Blu-ray)

She didnt seem overly impressed by either of them but it was nice to see that TCM still has the power to be genuinely creepy and scary to new viewers.

Then it was off to the cinema where I saw Iron Man II it was a lot better that I was expecting. RDJ is great and the vast amounts of CGI didnt annoy me.

Next I came home and watch my new copy of City of the Living Dead on arrow blu-ray, I was really looking forward to it as I've not seen the film before. The picture quality was fantastic (especally as I heard it was shot on 16mm, but I've no idea if thats correct). It wasnt my favourite Fulci film by a long way, I prefer the ZFE and The Beyond, but it was still very atmospheric and enjoyable. The effects in it are fantastic and I think the power drill to the head is one of the best pratical effects I've seen!!!

I also watched The Losers at the cinema the other night. If you're looking for a no brainer slick action film then you could do a lot worse.

mbv 28th May 2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 82267)
Halloween II (Zombie) - a solid brutal film but with too many annoying differences and things that bring it away from Halloween tradition.

I'm still waiting for this to hit the 2 euro mark before I buy it.

I just finished City of the living dead again and what a great movie. Looked brilliant on blu ray.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th May 2010 10:38 AM

I watched the X-Rated Kult release of Secret Killer (Eyeball) this morning. Would definitely be a great candidate for Shameless to pick up... :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th May 2010 05:17 PM

I began to watch Rene Cardona's SURVIVE! late last night,but was,unfortunately,too tired to see it through.
From what I've seen so far,it looks like a promising slice of low budget schlock....:nod:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th May 2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 82477)
Went to see [rec] 2 today.

I loved it, as creepy and atmospheric as the original and it revealed more about the story then the first one. Surprised at a sequel being nearly as good as original and not any worse.
My main downside about it was the predictable ending.

Ooooh I saw that last night and thought it was great too. Not as good as the original I thought and was surprised at the different directions they went in. I think I would've liked it a LOT better if it wasn't for the whole experience. I had two chavvy chavs right in front of me yakking throughout about...Lady Gaga. Heave! It obviously wasn't their 'thing' - as soon as they found it was handheld you should've heard their disappointment and then when it was in Spanish. THEY WOULDN'T SHUT UP! Must. Resist. Kicking. Their. Heads. In. With. My. Boot. And the mate I went with clearly thought it was crap :confused: Such a shame. I'll pick it up on DVD when it's out, and I'm sure I'll like it much more then last night.

Debzz 29th May 2010 05:39 PM

hah i saw rec 2 yesterday at the cinema,
it was ok i prefer the first one, had that on dvd gave it to my friend never to be seen again haha!
the second one i dnt think i'll be rushing to get the dvd of it though

:D

nekromantik 29th May 2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 82649)
Ooooh I saw that last night and thought it was great too. Not as good as the original I thought and was surprised at the different directions they went in. I think I would've liked it a LOT better if it wasn't for the whole experience. I had two chavvy chavs right in front of me yakking throughout about...Lady Gaga. Heave! It obviously wasn't their 'thing' - as soon as they found it was handheld you should've heard their disappointment and then when it was in Spanish. THEY WOULDN'T SHUT UP! Must. Resist. Kicking. Their. Heads. In. With. My. Boot. And the mate I went with clearly thought it was crap :confused: Such a shame. I'll pick it up on DVD when it's out, and I'm sure I'll like it much more then last night.

:lol:

ouch

The only cinema showing it here was a random old skool cinema other end of town which I had to get a taxi to go too. I went at around 5.30 show and it was empty so was just me and my mate :woot:

He had not seen the first one but loved 2.

I hope they release 1 on bluray when this is out on blu. Doubt it will take too long as its a foreign film so expect to be release august time.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th May 2010 06:36 PM

Yeah, it's a real shame that's it's not advertised more here in the UK! Unlike yourself, I actually saw at my local Odeon (the home of annoying chavs who need a slap). Looking forward to the other two sequels planned Nekro? :)

nekromantik 29th May 2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 82674)
Yeah, it's a real shame that's it's not advertised more here in the UK! Unlike yourself, I actually saw at my local Odeon (the home of annoying chavs who need a slap). Looking forward to the other two sequels planned Nekro? :)

Yeah but I fear that if they just make the third about the demon getting out and possessing everyone then it might turn into a generic zombie movie apart from the demon part. :laugh:

I was surprised it wasnt shown in my local odeon, its a shit hole with 4 tiny screens, uncomfortable seats and shitty popcorn. :lol:

The main cinema de lux did not show it so had to travel.