Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2010, 12:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ooh, that's not good at all! Eek! Good luck with finding a job I have no idea how you'll cope without those precious dvds though! I know I couldn't!
Old 31st May 2010, 12:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Ooh, that's not good at all! Eek! Good luck with finding a job I have no idea how you'll cope without those precious dvds though! I know I couldn't!
ha ha
cheers
yeah it will be bad, I had to cancel my daybreakers bluray order to save money.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st May 2010, 12:23 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Ah - well look at it like this. You haven't cancelled it, you've just...put it on hold for a bit.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Ah - well look at it like this. You haven't cancelled it, you've just...put it on hold for a bit.
well thats only true IF i find a job
I cant stay in Bristol too long as I need money for food etc so if I dont find one by 2 weeks il need 2 go home and look there as I wont be spending any money there but its very hard finding a job there as its a small town.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st May 2010, 05:21 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I have been wanting to watch George Romero's Knightriders for a while now and have just finished watching it. What I was expecting was plenty of crazy motorbike mounted jousting action with maybe not so much emphasis on the story. I obviously am an idiot, none of Romero's films are all style and no substance and Knight Rider is no exception. In fact it may well be my new favourite film.

I have always been a fan of the Middle Ages with its knights and heraldry and all the other good stuff, and even though it’s set in 1980's America Knightriders really captures the spirit of those times.

The film is basically about a group of people who run a medieval fair where motorbike jousting is the main attraction. Billy (Ed Harris) is the king of the group and Morgan (Tom Savini) is his main rival for the throne. There are other Romero regular in the cast too Ken Foree has a smallish part as a weapon smith and Scott H. Reiniger pops up too.

What really impressed me about this film was the story and characters. It could have easily been an action exploitation film a generic good knightriders vs. bad but it isn’t. All of the characters are fully fleshed out and have character arcs that have been fully realised by the end of the film. We are thrown into the world of these people straight off with no introduction to what they do and learn everything we need to know through their actions. But that does not mean that everything is fully explained. There is plenty of room for though in Knightriders and things often happened that I questioned and had to think about, however I never felt they happened for no reason what so ever. To me this is a sign of a fantastic script and a great film. I'm sure that for these reasons I will be able to go back to Knightriders again and again and find more and more things to catch my attention.

All of this and I nearly forgot to mention the action. It's fantastic. The bike jousting scenes look extremely dangerous with people being lanced, maced, flailed and clubbed off their bikes, riders jumping over ramps into each other and some excellent motorbike and sidecar sword fighting action. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was seriously hurt in the making of it. If you're not convinced by my other reason to watch this its worth watching for the bike carnage alone.

Kightridersis highly, highly recommended to anyone who has not seen it.

P.S.

If anyone knows what the best edition of this to get on DVD is (i.e. extra wise) I would be grateful for the info as I'm gonna buy it ASAP.
Old 31st May 2010, 05:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think the R1 Anchor Bay dvd is the best one to get:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knightriders...5327063&sr=1-1

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 31st May 2010, 05:36 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Cheers loops, I have ordered it now!!!
Old 31st May 2010, 05:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Cheers loops, I have ordered it now!!!
No problem matey

There is an older edition with a better cover but it was £35!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 31st May 2010, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bio ...

Have you ever used a site called ...

http://www.dvdcompare.net/index.php

I use it all the time if I am ever unsure which version of a DVD to buy ... very informative and has never let me down yet!!

Old 1st June 2010, 12:36 PM
Active Cultist

Finally saw 'Hausu'. All I can say is believe the hype

Like this? Share it using the links below!