Like Tree179484Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2019, 02:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Howling (1981)

A film that improves with each viewing, although it's tongue in cheek feel still lets it down somewhat. Kudos that director Joe Dante gives so many nods to horror classics from the past and Rob Bottin's make up effects including THAT werewolf transformation scene are simply superb.
I've never got around to watching The Howling, I think I should sort that out before the end of the year!
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th May 2019, 02:58 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never got around to watching The Howling, I think I should sort that out before the end of the year!
You should see it

I personally don't think it's as good as 'American Werewolf In London' (although many disagree), but it's certainly a great film and well worth watching

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th May 2019, 05:41 PM
Cult Addict

I recently took The Howling to cex. It's one I've held on to for years and given numerous chances but I just don't like it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 7th May 2019, 06:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave

What would we do without the Giallo film,In fact what would we do without the bonkers Giallo film,In fact what would we do without the bonkers Giallo set in 1970s Great Britain..The mind does truly boggles at how our European cousins see us..(i mean at the moment they probably see us as a bunch of squabbling twats who cannot make up its bleeding mind..) but back in the 1970s we were either middle class playboys driving around in sports cars and keeping foxes as pets..(yes you read right)..or right plebs wearing flat caps and tugging our forlocks whenever the gentry would pass by...Stereotypical characters aside The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave is a rather good if slighly mental giallo of the first order,you have deception double crosses and just plain good old fashioned sleaze and some rather bizarre clothing fails on the part of some of the characters,( one big hooped earring on a bloke is never a good look,unless your auditioning to be a pirate in a pantomime..)..Im not even going to explain the plot or try to even fathom its minute details,I suggest you sit back and let it just happen..Please read no further as Im going to be terribly sexist and say that Erika Blanc well, Know what I mean? Say no more...Know what I mean?? when she dances out of a coffin...well worth the price of the entrance fee alone..Personaly i luved everything about this film from its music to its art deco sets...WTF who keeps foxes as pets....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71-0cSrF9jL._SL1024_.jpg (96.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 7th May 2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 7th May 2019, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Eliminators (2016, James Nunn)

Scott Adkins battles an unconvincing murican accent and a a Ralph Ineson lookalike in order to save his daughter when his incognito existence is uncovered by accident. Shot in the London, this is another violent little flick, watch out Inside No. 9 fans for a certain house used by the villain (James Cosmo ... again wif ze funnee haccent ) ... an interesting fight in some 'cable car' setup etc. Just don't see why he had to be a yank.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th May 2019, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
What would we do without the Giallo film,In fact what woukd we do without the bonkers Giallo film,In fact what would we do without the bonkers Giallo set in 1970s Great Britain..The mind does truly boggles at how our European cousins see us..(i mean at the moment they probably see us as a bunch of squabbling twats who cannot make up its bleeding mind..) but back in the 1970s we were either middle class playboys driving around in sports cars and keeping foxes as pets..(yes you read right)..or right plebs wearing flat caps and tugging our forlocks whenever the gentry would pass by...Stereotypical characters aside The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave is a rather good if slighly mental giallo of the first order,you have deception double crosses and just plain good old fashioned sleaze and some rather bizarre clothing fails on the part of some of the characters,( one big hooped earring on a bloke is never a good look,unless your auditioning to be a pirate in a pantomime..)..Im not even going to explain the plot or try to even fathom its minute details,I suggest you sit back and let it just happen..Please read no further as Im going to be terribly sexist and say that Erika Blanc well, Know what I mean? Say no more...Know what I mean?? when she dances out of a coffin...well worth the price of the entrance fee alone..Personaly i luved everything about this film from its music to its art deco sets...WTF who keeps foxes as pets....
It's a fun film for sure. Rewatch. I picked up the Arrow dvd fer the pittance etc. Review!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th May 2019, 06:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Black-Widow-poster.jpg
BLACK WIDOW (1947)
REPUBLIC SERIAL 13 Chapters.

Posing as a fortune teller, Sombra does her fathers bidding and murders people with spider venom in a bid to steal an atomic rocket engine..

This was great, so much fun.
Sombra uses masks of people and takes their place to achieve her goals.
Some great cliff hangers and Republic serials do them the best, include a fireball down a mine shaft and plenty of buildings blowing up.
Loads of action and fights.

carol-forman.jpg
Old 7th May 2019, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Merchant Of Death (Yossi Wein)

Witnessing his families demise at the hands of ruthless types as a child hasn't improved Michael Pare's mood if the opening sequence is to be believed . Such insouciance!
Forced into therapy by his rather soft spoken boss, MP begrudgingly accepts the help ... helps that she's blonde more like cough . So there is an attempt at filling out the character .... but a Penny Marshall film this ain't
And, of course, it all climaxes in the usual bloodbath . Recommended!!!

[B]
Old 7th May 2019, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It maybe a later Fulci and made for tv, but I enjoyed it , better that a lot of his later stuff and even though made for tv it still retained his trade mark gore.

The story comes of as a bonkers twilight zone tale involving a nice old couple that enjoy cats and collecting clocks and bodies as well as murdering a servant by sticking her in the pussy so her guts fallout . When the world's most useless and least treating thugs invade the old couple's and kill them , thats only the start of there problems , when the old couple come back from the dead seeking revenge. 7/10

Next

sweet House of horrors.
Old 7th May 2019, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Giving up on sweet House of horrors for the moment as it has Bob mark two and really couldn't stand any more of the annoying little shit.
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!