Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2019, 09:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I recently took The Howling to cex. It's one I've held on to for years and given numerous chances but I just don't like it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yeah, some people worship it, but I've never been overly keen. Of the three big 1981 'wolf' movies (the others being American Werewolf and Wolfen) it's by far the weakest to me.
Old 7th May 2019, 09:44 PM
Active Cultist

Between yesterday and today - 2 movies almost in a row must be a new record for me since my son was born lol

Bad Police (amazing title...not) Jeong-beom Lee made two amazing movies Cruel Winter Blues & The Man from Nowhere so when I saw a new title from this director on Nextflix I got all excited, but it's just another generic thriller/revenge south korean movie - it's not a bad thing, but it's not worth a re-watch or even a recommendation.

I was expecting much more from Heathers - a proper teen horror comedy movie.. but "hey oh", IMO nothing special..
Old 7th May 2019, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

It maybe a later Fulci and made for tv, but I enjoyed it , better that a lot of his later stuff and even though made for tv it still retained his trade mark gore.

The story comes of as a bonkers twilight zone tale involving a nice old couple that enjoy cats and collecting clocks and bodies as well as murdering a servant by sticking her in the pussy so her guts fallout . When the world's most useless and least treating thugs invade the old couple's and kill them , thats only the start of there problems , when the old couple come back from the dead seeking revenge. 7/10

Next

sweet House of horrors.
Love HOC. REWATCH
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th May 2019, 08:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bonnie & Clyde (1967, Arthur Penn)

Faye Dunaway looks human in this, which is a bonus I freely admit .
When a local ne'r do well shows interest in her, a waitress enters a world of instant gratification (well ... ). Ably directed by Penn, and backed up by Michael J Pollard and Gene Hackman, Beatty plays Barrow as an optimist. Imagine him playing Richard Speck instead . Ahem. Film.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th May 2019, 08:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Between yesterday and today - 2 movies almost in a row must be a new record for me since my son was born lol
Glad to hear I'm not the only one going through this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Graveyard likes this.
Old 8th May 2019, 02:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

She Devils of The SS(1973)

Set during the later days of WW2, loads of young women are volunteering in the German army to show their loyalty to Adolf Hitler. and end up losing their clothes in their efforts to aid the war effort at the Russian front.
A pretty tame effort in the Naziploitation genre. and is more like a carry on sex comedy mixed with a bit of Allo Allo, even if the comedy falls a bit flat.
But the girls are absolutely gorgeous though, and back in the days when women were natural and gorgeous without implants and tattoos.

Overall, not the greatest film ever made. and lacking in violence apart from a mild rape scene. But production values are actually pretty decent from Erwin Dietrich who did the colourful Franco collaborations as well. 67 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12a8e3e5db87e90193efd87480cae704.jpg (59.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 8th May 2019, 06:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Werewolves on Wheels (1971)

I wasn't struck on this film the first time i watched it but on second viewing i appreciated it far more. Yes there's still the problem of not actually having much in the way of werewolf action and they certainly don't bomb down the highways on Harley's but it does have it's merits.

There's a lot of motorbike riding going down ala Easy Rider and a delightful naked satanic snake dance in front of a fire as well as a swirling Doors like soundtrack that might just take you to another plane. Well either that or you'll be bored shitless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg werewolves1.jpg (89.5 KB, 30 views)
Old 8th May 2019, 06:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Werewolves on Wheels (1971)

I wasn't struck on this film the first time i watched it but on second viewing i appreciated it far more. Yes there's still the problem of not actually having much in the way of werewolf action and they certainly don't bomb down the highways on Harley's but it does have it's merits.

There's a lot of motorbike riding going down ala Easy Rider and a delightful naked satanic snake dance in front of a fire as well as a swirling Doors like soundtrack that might just take you to another plane. Well either that or you'll be bored shitless.
Still brilliant poster artwork.....

Old 8th May 2019, 06:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Still brilliant poster artwork.....
It is, plus there's the added bonus of Matt Berry riding along behind whilst holding a flaming torch aloft.

Old 8th May 2019, 06:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It is, plus there's the added bonus of Matt Berry riding along behind whilst holding a flaming torch aloft.

Yeah well spotted.. artwork is very similar to Ed "Big Daddy" Roth,who did all the surfer and hot rod cartoon work like rat Fink..

Like this? Share it using the links below!