All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2019, 08:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
John Wick 3. More of the same. I really liked the first one, was largely left cold and bored by 2, and this is closer to 2 than 1. It's a little bit better, and the climax is a bit more genuinely exciting, but I kinda wish they'd just left it at the original. Not everything needs to be a franchise...
Think it was not going to be, until how successful the first was. Think 4 will be the last with what/ who he will be going after.
Old 20th May 2019, 10:39 AM
Cultist

Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog - 7/10

Good kung fu comedy from Sammo and Lau Kar Wing, although their follow up The Odd Couple is much better.

Film revolves round Sammo and Lau Kar Wing scheming and double crossing in order to retrieve the "invincible armour" the armour just looks like your average chain mail vest that any half decent iron smith in Westeros could have put together in an hour but it seems to be really important in this film.

There's lots of "comedy" that isn't funny in the slightest but I can only imagine had the Hong Kong audiences pissin' themselves laughing in their seats back in the day.

Also losses points as it has Dean Shek in it, who like every other film that's unfortunate to give him a role is annoying as fu*k as usual.

Some absolutely amazing acrobatics from Sammo though and a great fight between him, Lau Kar Wing and Lee Hoi San.

Last edited by John Matrix; 20th May 2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 20th May 2019, 02:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. The last movie I have seen was John Wick 3.
Old 20th May 2019, 03:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan hamilton View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. The last movie I have seen was John Wick 3.
Hello dan. Did you like it?
Old 20th May 2019, 03:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Double Exposure(1983)

Adrian (Michael Callan) is a glamour photographer who has constant bad dreams about murdering his models. and becomes the prime suspect when they start winding up dead.

This i thought was an okay slasher type thriller, eventhough it has a bit of a cheap made for TV feel to it. and has some great sleaze and mean spirited killings that pack a punch to liven up the proceedings, including a girl having a plastic bag taped over her head with a rattle snake in it. certainly different.

It is nothing really that outstanding in the genre, but it does keep you entertained and is well worth a watch, with decent performances, nudity, and even a bit of mud wrestling. 68 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 20th May 2019, 03:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Pyramid (2014)

Interesting take on the found footage phenomena in that it's not all found footage (the last scene certainly isn't) and it's the first i've seen that delves into Egyptian God folk lore.

Naturally the participants do some stupid things when exploring the newly found pyramid, in fact things too dumb for words if i'm honest, James Buckley from The Inbetweeners stars in the film and at times the actions of the archaeologists seem as though they are in that show rather than a serious horror film. But for all the getting lost nonsense - this lot are supposedly archaeologists and do this sort of thing all the time - i did enjoy the finale and what is found deep in the tomb was quite refreshing in a CGI creature feature sort of way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The-Pyramid-Movie.jpg (97.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th May 2019, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan hamilton View Post

As good as the 1st two Dan?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched DRIVE with the Radio 1 soundtrack yesterday.

Give me Kavinsky,College,Ranieri and co. anyday.....
bleakshaun likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th May 2019, 10:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Nest

Saw this in the video store in my youth, but never got to watch it.
Killer cockroaches (hell yeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!) in a seaside town kill folk & sheriff tries to stop them. In the mould of Squirm or Slugs and 100 times better than all the "it has so much to say about race relations/youth/femenism" bullsh!t movies that get fed to the public these days.
Nice gore fx, good story, cool poster, enjoy!

8/10
(Spain dvd & blu available on amazon)
Old 20th May 2019, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Witness (1985)

Australian Peter Weir isn't the most prolific of directors - a mere 13 feature films in a career spanning fifty years but everything i've seen from him has been top notch. Be it early oddities like 1974's The Cars that Ate Paris to later films such as The Truman Show (1998), Master and Commander: The Far side of the World (2003) to his last to date film 2010's grueling The Way Back. one and all are certainly worth watching and i'd also say classics of their era.

Witness was one of a string of six films Weir made in the eighties all of which maintain his high standards. Although a crime thriller by definition, Witness is also an exploration of a civilization outside the western norm (A theme that runs through much of Weir's work) in this case the Amish community of Pennsylvania, and Harrison Ford's Philadelphia detective struggles at first to adapt to what is essentially to him a primitive way of life. Weir also shows a sensitive side as the film has an undercurrent of care and hope and also forbidden love in the will they, won't they relationship between Ford and Kelly McGillis which is at times painful to watch in it's realism.

Witness is a supremely intelligent and rich piece of film making and arguably one of the best films of the eighties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Witness-1985-movie-poster.jpg (90.9 KB, 4 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!