Like Tree179626Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2019, 09:43 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched this again on Sunday night.

Two half decent kills aside it bored the pants off me. Half way through i remembered why i'd only watched it once before.
I watched it when Vipco released it back in late 90s, picked it up in CEX a while back and decided to watch it this morning, its not the best but more entertaining than other films i have seen.
Old 28th May 2019, 09:52 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I watched it when Vipco released it back in late 90s, picked it up in CEX a while back and decided to watch it this morning, its not the best but more entertaining than other films i have seen.
I too have the old Vipco release. It's uncut so i think i'll stick with that and take the 88 release to Cex.
Old 28th May 2019, 09:52 AM
Cult Veteran

Apart from Demons and Blastfighter I don't think I've seen a Lamberto Bava film I've actually enjoyed! His Giallo are not the best at all...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th May 2019, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Apart from Demons and Blastfighter I don't think I've seen a Lamberto Bava film I've actually enjoyed! His Giallo are not the best at all...
I don't think i have seen Blastfighter, his other one i got was Macbre, thats been put on the watchlist for later.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:01 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I don't think i have seen Blastfighter, his other one i got was Macbre, thats been put on the watchlist for later.
How much of Demons is actually Bava? I've always wondered as it seems more like Argento Phenomena era than anything else.

I like Blastfighter. I have the 88 release. It's an outdoor action film, typical 80's stuff but very watchable.

I love Macabre. It's one of my fave Italian films full stop. I do think i'm on my own with that love though.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:03 AM
Cult Veteran

I've not seen Macabre, the other films put me off pursuing it! Maybe I'll check it out at some point. I need to get my watch pile down a bit before I buy anything new though

I agree about Demons though, Argento definitely flexed his producer muscles on that one.

Old 28th May 2019, 10:06 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Good heavens!

Discussing Italian films on Cult Labs.

I don't think that's happened for about seven years.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I've not seen Macabre, the other films put me off pursuing it! Maybe I'll check it out at some point. I need to get my watch pile down a bit before I buy anything new though

I agree about Demons though, Argento definitely flexed his producer muscles on that one.
Demons is one of my fav movies, over the years of watching it, its like watching Speilberg and Hooper Poltergeist theory, did Bava actually direct it or was his name just inserted.
Old 28th May 2019, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Good heavens!

Discussing Italian films on Cult Labs.

I don't think that's happened for about seven years.
I watched Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds in 'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas' last night, we can talk about that if you want

It's been a little while since I actually watched something that could be referred to as 'Cult'

Old 28th May 2019, 10:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
The Predator (2018)

One of the worst films i can recall seeing. Of course i've seen worse films than this but they weren't Predator films and they weren't written and directed by Shane Black, a supposedly very competent figure when it comes to film making and i expected so much more than the dross thrown up on screen.

The script is terrible, the first half being made up mainly of army dudes telling jokes Shane Black finds funny and the second half with our lead actor (Whoever he was) shouting "I'm going to save my kid" every ten minutes.

For a film titled The Predator, the titular creature almost seems shoehorned in as an after thought. We are never involved with the creature, it's not a fully rounded character as it was in the classic 1987 movie or it's 1990 sequel. It's just there as an action plot device, something for the army grunts to shoot at.

I thought 2010's Predators was bad but this is a ****ing disgrace.
I'm with you 100%...I couldn't believe how bad this was. The script was bloody awful and the action scenes were very weak.

Like this? Share it using the links below!