Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:37 AM

I watched The Keep last night which is half a good movie and half utter rubbish. It's worth watching for Ian McKellen's mad Nazi scientist and Gabriel Byrne's haircut!

I also listened to the commentary and watched the making of on my Triangle BD. I really like the film and it's one that improves with repeated viewings and Christopher Smith does a good job talking through how the project came about and trying to explain some of the possible interpretations.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 11:41 AM

I've been on a Nazisploitation trip recently, and in the last few days have watched: The Beast in Heat, Gestapo's Last Orgy, SS Experiment Love Camp and SS Camp 5: Women's Hell all courtesy of AWE's very fine discs. All portray varying degrees of silly, fun, and highly exploitive action. Beast and Gestapo have always been my preferred films of the four, though.

My Camera Obscura release of So Sweet, So Dead arrived this morning too from Kult Video so I've just finished watching that. What can I say? Fantastic quality all round; it's a highly enjoyable and engaging gialli that is certainly worth checking out. The climatic scenes, which depicted the interlacing of flashbacks and still photography played over the final murder were particularly inspired. :cool:

pedromonkey 5th June 2010 03:05 PM

was hungry for some zombie action yesterday so watched Return of The Living dead 2, not a patch on the first but still immense fun with some great make-up effects and a small role for X-files and SG:Atlantis actor Mitch Pileggi (aka Horace Pinker). very cheesey in parts but still a fun 80s zom-com...

Gojirosan 5th June 2010 10:49 PM

I just watched Survival Of The Dead.

I have absolutely no idea what the majority of you have been going on about! I thought it was a really entertaining, well made, very funny and throughly likeable Zombie Western.

Sure, the least of Romero's Zombie films, but still good stuff.

I really liked it.

nekromantik 6th June 2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 84423)
I just watched Survival Of The Dead.

I have absolutely no idea what the majority of you have been going on about! I thought it was a really entertaining, well made, very funny and throughly likeable Zombie Western.

Sure, the least of Romero's Zombie films, but still good stuff.

I really liked it.

:shocked:

you need help if you enjoyed that piece of crap :lol:
It was boring and didnt entertain much. Could care less about any of the characters. Romero has lost it.

pedromonkey 6th June 2010 12:34 AM

it wasn't crap, it was better than most zombie flicks that come out, it was just lacking something, but didn't mean it was crap.

nekromantik 6th June 2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 84427)
it wasn't crap, it was better than most zombie flicks that come out, it was just lacking something, but didn't mean it was crap.

I gotta disagree with ya there pedro
I enjoyed diary more then survival.

out of his last 3 I Like em in this order

Diary
Land
Survival

Gojirosan 6th June 2010 01:06 AM

I thought it was anything but boring and was very entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 84428)
out of his last 3 I Like em in this order

Diary
Land
Survival

Me too - same order.

re.form 6th June 2010 01:12 AM

The Book of Eli.

Regarding Survival of the Dead - I really enjoyed it. I like all Romero's dead movies and don't think his last two efforts have been crappy - I just think he's adapted to a changing market place in which he's trying to keep a level of control. So they feel a little different. There still a higher quality than most indie zombie films that come out of North America.

People moaned when he did Land for Universal and it wasn't indie and 'hardcore' enough. The old hippy can't win!!

snapon 6th June 2010 03:52 AM

watched films

watched ghost ship 2002.not bad quite gory for me 6 out of 10.