Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2019, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

New child's play film, has anyone seen it yet ?
If so what's opinion tbh I don't fancy it like a lot of people, but watching Mark Kermode review of it and he reasonable enjoyed it.

keirarts likes this.
Old 26th June 2019, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Haven’t watched it myself, but it’s getting some love on some of the Horror related FB groups I’m in, might be a surprise to all of us that wrote it off
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th June 2019, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Haven’t watched it myself, but it’s getting some love on some of the Horror related FB groups I’m in, might be a surprise to all of us that wrote it off
I really liked the last two sequels. This i'm not convinced by due to the dolls face. I dunno, it looks CGI odd.
Old 26th June 2019, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I really liked the last two sequels. This i'm not convinced by due to the dolls face. I dunno, it looks CGI odd.
Last Child’s Play film I saw was 3, got some catching up to do before the series comes out (this film isn’t technically canon)
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th June 2019, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
New child's play film, has anyone seen it yet ?
If so what's opinion tbh I don't fancy it like a lot of people, but watching Mark Kermode review of it and he reasonable enjoyed it.

After he became an apologist for Twilight, I no longer regard him a critic
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2019, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Speaking of films that were written off .....

Ishtar
That is all.
Ahem.
No, go on then. The male Yentl ?
Well, to be fair, a comedy set in the Middle East starring the Hoffman and the Beatty AND directed by the Elaine May ON PAPER, writes itself surely?
Well .... it does add grist to my mill, in that when Hypocritewood gets it wrong y'know
Dustin playing a lady killer called The Hawk? Warren a bumbling hayseed?
ISABELLE ADJANI???
I am laughing. At it. Not with it. Lawdy it's racist.
The songs are outsider art though for all that

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2019, 08:49 PM
Cult Addict

So after a few comments I decided to show my friend Independence Day Resurgence. After describing it as one of the most god awful b movie on a large budget.
20 years after the Invasion of 96, a signal is found in Africa. A larger ship is coming. Destruction happens Brent Spiner walks about mostly with his backside hanging out a robe and judd hirsch flees destruction on a tiny boat.
I hated independence day with a passion finding it to be relatively bland and dull. This film went quickly and is just stupid in its premise. Makes you wonder how it would've been with Will Smith. At least we have Jeff Goldblum.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 27th June 2019, 01:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
After he became an apologist for Twilight, I no longer regard him a critic

Ahem.
I have no time for Kermode at all. I like film critics who tell me what they thought of a film not what I'm supposed to think.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 27th June 2019, 02:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I watched it last Friday and was pleasantly suprised. It was very gory for a 15 certifcate and was a whole load of fun and would say one of the better reboots of the last few years. Certainly looking forwatd to watching it again.
gag, keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 27th June 2019, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Maniac Cop. 1988.

New York City is terrorized by a killer dressed as a policeman targeting innocent people.

filmmaker Larry Cohen wrote the screenplay for this fun slasher film while William Lustig has the directors chair, being a 80s films this was and still is a decent movie. Tom Atkins plays detective Frank McCrae who is tasked to hunt the killer. Evil dead star Bruce Campbell plays the young rookie cop Jack Forrest who is lead on to the investigation. Robert Z'Dar plays the menacing Matt Cordell and a small cameo role from Richard Roundtree as the police commissioner. Given a small budget this works alot better than other horror movies with good acting and some suspense and a decent back story to the killings, i cant remember much about the sequels. 7-8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maniac-wallpaper.jpg (88.2 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!