Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2010 01:45 PM

I also have a special place for Diary of the Dead as I saw it on my birthday and considered it an evening well spent!

Pete 6th June 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 84304)
I've been on a Nazisploitation trip recently, and in the last few days have watched: The Beast in Heat, Gestapo's Last Orgy, SS Experiment Love Camp and SS Camp 5: Women's Hell all courtesy of AWE's very fine discs. All portray varying degrees of silly, fun, and highly exploitive action. Beast and Gestapo have always been my preferred films of the four, though.

I prefer Beast (I'd be Magall's caged pet:p) and Gestapo. The other two are unwatchable.


Watched Under Siege 2 last night and thought it was tremendous fun. So much better than the crap made today.

Sam 6th June 2010 04:14 PM

Slugs - cheesier than a dairylea triangle but I absolutely loved this! It was so gory, I had to double check it wasn't directed by Fulci!! :lol: A perfect no-brainer for a Saturday night and a few beers.

alex s 6th June 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 84304)
I've been on a Nazisploitation trip recently, and in the last few days have watched: The Beast in Heat, Gestapo's Last Orgy, SS Experiment Love Camp and SS Camp 5: Women's Hell all courtesy of AWE's very fine discs. All portray varying degrees of silly, fun, and highly exploitive action. Beast and Gestapo have always been my preferred films of the four, though.

always preferred

Gestapo's last orgy
Women's Camp 119
Deported women of the ss

in that order

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2010 04:58 PM

I haven't yet got into the whole Nazisploitation subgenre and I feel it's something that I should do and want to do. Is there a 'top 10 must buy DVDs' list?

Rather than answer here and go off on a completely new tangent, I've started a new thread here.

Pete 6th June 2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex s (Post 84552)
always preferred

Gestapo's last orgy
Women's Camp 119
Deported women of the ss

in that order

My top 3 are:

Gestapo's Last Orgy
The Beast in Heat
Nazi Love Camp 27

Sargento 6th June 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 84499)
Is Romero not allowed to make a comedy? Must all his zombie films be the same?

I don't think folk on here are saying that Romero is not allowed to make a comedy ... but he really shouldn't tag the "... Of The Dead" onto the end just to sell films (or rip his fans off as many would say!).

Land (rather underrated)
Diary (if I was stuck on a desert island with this and Survival)
Survival (just horrid ... and only in the list cos' of the "...Of The Dead" tag)

re.form 7th June 2010 12:29 AM

Just watched "Kill, Baby...Kill".

That Bava bloke was a bit good, wasn't he?

nekromantik 7th June 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 84565)
I don't think folk on here are saying that Romero is not allowed to make a comedy ... but he really shouldn't tag the "... Of The Dead" onto the end just to sell films (or rip his fans off as many would say!).

Land (rather underrated)
Diary (if I was stuck on a desert island with this and Survival)
Survival (just horrid ... and only in the list cos' of the "...Of The Dead" tag)

I agree
apart from the land comment :lol:

Gigantor 7th June 2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 84499)
I reckon Diary Of The Dead is pretty damned good. It's not so far behind the original trilogy.

An excellent film IMO.

As for Survival Of The Dead, the "rival clans a-feudin'" was a comedy revival of a once common trope used in Westerns, but instead of sheep-men vs cattle-men fighting over territory we have kill-the-zombie vs train-the-zombie. I thought it was a superb and funny idea well executed.

The film is a Western, but set on an island, in modern day, with zombies! I wonder if people missed that? It's meant to be a funny retread of ancient Hollywood themes in a modern way.

Is Romero not allowed to make a comedy? Must all his zombie films be the same?

Ugh youre killing me Gojirosan.....:lol:


I saw SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD last night and I liked the beginning part of the movie alot but the rest of the fell went to shit quick.I did like that it was something different but I was watching it I felt like I was watching a SYFY movie.The CGI in this movie is very cringe worthy,Dont even get me started on the acting and dialogue.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.