All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2019, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th June 2019, 08:24 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Extremely-Wicked,-Shockingly-Evil,-and-Vile-2019-movie-poster.jpg

With the recent reignited interest in Ted Bundy with Netflix The Ted Bundy Tapes a film was bound to follow pretty soon but would it just be another rehash of a tale told many times before or could they bring something new to the table.

They managed to do something a little different focusing alot of on Ted's girlfriend Elizabeth Kendal who was the only woman Ted ever loved. All throughout his arrests and following early trials she always supported him and never showed any doubt about his innocence how could a man do these things a man who was kind loving tender and caring be such a monster to do these things he was accused of but the guy was a smooth operator and talked his way out of alot of situation and of course when he later decided to represent himself in court later he would talk himself into a lot of things also.

The film doesn't focus totally on Elizabeth obviously there is plenty of focus on Ted but more so on his courtroom antics and numerous escapes from custody we only get one brief glimpse of him being violent towards a woman. But don't let that turn you off this is a very well acted and well written film and Zach Efron is great as Ted Bundy and I'm not usually a fan of his but maybe after this he can do a Matthew McConaughey and stop being a ham actor and take on some real roles.

As someone who laps up anything serial killer related i really enjoyed the different sides they showed here i want to see what makes these people tick and what they are like when they are not murdering people and what impact they have on the people around them and is there a human side to these people and this film gave me that so a thumbs up for that.

Film 7/10

10/10 for Zach Efron keeping his top on
Old 29th June 2019, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Always found this superior to the original movie. The Montelli family move into there new family home , we have ass hole bully Dad, mother and four kids, two teenagers and two younger children. Not long after moving into the house strange things start happening and the oldest son begins to act different and hears voices and even has a bit of incest with his jail bait/ hot sister . Then one night the voices tell him to kill his family which they do . The local priest believes he is not responsible for the killings and sets out to save the boys soul. Well acted and creepy with some good effects. 8/10

Now watching Puppet Master the littlest Reich.

Last edited by trebor8273; 29th June 2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 29th June 2019, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Solomon and Sheba (1959)

Yul Brynner and Gina Lollobrigida star as the title characters in a Biblical epic that shows just why the Nazi's wanted the Ark of the Covenant so badly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51Cx0xIfRrL.jpg (52.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 29th June 2019, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Witness for the Prosecution. A somewhat ailing but still wily old barrister (Ralph Richardson) goes against his doctor's wishes to take on a new case involving a young man (Beau Bridges) accused of murdering a wealthy older widow for her money. This early 80s adaptation of the Agatha Christie play has a truly fantastic cast of British character actors including Michael Gough, Donald Pleasance, Diana Rigg, Peter Sallis and Richard Vernon, and is hugely enjoyable as a result. I have a very vague sense I may have seen this before, as the ending rang a vague bell, but it must be 30 years and I really couldn't remember it. A lot of fun.
Old 30th June 2019, 01:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Last Child’s Play film I saw was 3, got some catching up to do before the series comes out (this film isn’t technically canon)
Definitely go out of your way to watch Curse of Chucky. It's excellent. Outrageous that it was a straight to video release (seriously, what the hell happened there??). btw Seen them all but Child's Play 1 and 2 and Curse of Chucky are the only films that I felt were essential purchases.
Rik, keirarts, nosferatu42 and 2 others like this.
Old 30th June 2019, 01:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was inspired to watch Train to Busan last night. While not really reinventing the genre it was a very good take on it, replacing the isolated cabin/farmhouse/mall with a high speed train that can't stop because the stations are all overrun by zombies! In the tradition of Korean films, it's perhaps 15 - 20 minutes too long and the later scenes of apocalypse were bordering on grueling! However, it was highly entertaining, kept the action at the forefront and turned into a gibbering ball of raw nerves by the ending

Was it sponsored by Nintendo though haha, a bit of overt product placement, 2 x Wii consoles and a blatant pack shot of a 3DS

Recommended!
I just rewatched this. And I thought it was absolutely terrific. Last time I saw it was on a smaller television in standard definition without the benefit of surround sound. It was still good but not as impressive as my experience today. Very exciting and I'm not ashamed to say that Train To Busan also really tugged on my heartstrings in a few places. Best Korean film I've seen so far and highly recommended if you haven't seen it.
Old 30th June 2019, 04:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mausoleum(1983)

susan goes to live with her aunt after the death of her mother and ends up under the curse of the Nomed women by an evil demon that lives in the mausoleum.

first remember seeing this on VHs in the 1980's and it is still a lot of fun to watch, eventhough it is a bit ridiculous and cheesy in parts.
but it does actually have a pretty nice look in a bit of the Italian style, and has some good effects as well including a poor chap getting impaled on spikes in the shopping mall, and a Kenny Rogers lookalike getting blown up in his car. and even the poor randy gardener comes to a bad end as well when he thinks he's having a good time with Susan(played by Bobbi Bresee as an adult)

Good recommend, and great for fans of cheap Exorcist type knock offs like beyond The Door. plus we do get to see a lot of Miss bresee's nice assets as well, between bouts of her eyes turning green and becoming a demon
71 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maus1-762x360.jpg (17.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 30th June 2019, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well that was a lot better than I thought it would be. Off the bag we have some changes from the original films here Toulon is not a kindly old man on the run from Nazis,here he is one.

30 years after the infamous number of murders dubbed the Toulon murders a recently divorced man finds a doll in his childhood home ,he soon finds out it was one of Tolons dolls and sets out with girlfriend and his best friend to sell it at a convention . The doll and other dolls disappear and it's not long before bodies start mounting up and it becomes apparent the dolls are alive and love to kill anyone who doesn't meet Nazi ideals .very , very gory with some.great kills , one that stands out is a puppet that crawls up a pregnant woman's pussy and bursts out of her stomach and runs of with the fetus. Watch out for Barbara Crampton as a police officer, who's still surprisingly hot. 7.5/10

Now watching more killer dolls in the form of Annabelle.
Old 1st July 2019, 10:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Room mate(2011).

sara gets a roomate at college, Rebecca, who is mentally deranged and who becomes possessive and obsessed with her. and will do whatever it takes to keep her.

Bit of a Single White Female rip off for the teen market starring Leighton meester as the crazed Rebecca.
Well acted and directed, but a little flat and predictable to be honest. And is also rather restrained and tame in the sex and violence department as well. despite a poor kitty coming to a bad end in the washing machine.

Still worth a watch for the 90 or so minutes, despite this type of film being done a lot better before. 65 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1776024373.jpg (50.5 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!