Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Sargento 8th June 2010 08:41 PM

Watched the new ...

"Sherlock Holmes"

.. Last night.

Great acting, great script and overall a very good piece of fun! Recommended.

pedromonkey 8th June 2010 10:19 PM

have to disagree with you on sherlock Sarg. Mediocre Script, bad performance from Downey Jr, he just mumbled everyline, uninteresting characters and a rather damp plot. Watch Barry Levinson's Young Sherlock Holmes instead...

snapon 9th June 2010 03:59 AM

watched films

watched night of the comet 1984. a good funny at times film .also braindead 1992. prob the most over the top gory film ever the scene with the baby in the pram with barbed wire so the baby cant escape is well funny a great film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2010 07:43 AM

As I've been working out my top 10 vampire films, I had a vampire triple bill last night of Cronos, Near Dark and Tod Browning's Dracula. All three are top films and I might watch some more vampire films tonight.

I thought Sherlock Holmes was alright, easily the best film guy Ritchie has made, with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law as a fantastic on-screen couple. There were a few occasions when it really dragged, but overall I was impressed with it. It's a damn sight better than Revolver, that's for sure!

pedromonkey 9th June 2010 10:54 AM

anything is better than Revolver.

watched Rock & Roll High School last night, absolutely mental. Great music bythe ramones too, highly recommend...

Sargento 9th June 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 85138)
have to disagree with you on sherlock Sarg. Mediocre Script, bad performance from Downey Jr, he just mumbled everyline, uninteresting characters and a rather damp plot. Watch Barry Levinson's Young Sherlock Holmes instead...

Well not for everyone I guess mate :p

Young Sherlock (and The Pyramid Of Fear as I originally saw it) is very good I agree. I saw it when it first came out in the 80s. I remember enjoying it, but I was young then, and pretty much enjoyed most things a little supernatural. But seeing it on TV a couple of weeks ago, I realised just how dark, well scripted/directed and acted it was. Anyone who hasn't seen it .... Pedro is right ... watch it!

Vote for Pedro! :nod:

pedromonkey 9th June 2010 05:04 PM

thank you sarge, a vote for me is a vote for everyone....

ps. do chickens have large talons?

Pete 9th June 2010 05:44 PM

Grand Theft Auto - not a fan of Ron Howard but I enjoyed this.

The Long Good Friday - Superb!

re.form 9th June 2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 85174)
As I've been working out my top 10 vampire films, I had a vampire triple bill last night of Cronos, Near Dark and Tod Browning's Dracula. All three are top films and I might watch some more vampire films tonight.

I love most of Del Toro's output, but was surprsingly non-plussed about Cronos. I thought it was really dull.

Near Dark on the otherhand is my fave vampire movie of all time, I think.

I watched Dogville last night.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th June 2010 08:04 PM

Watched SURVIVE recently.
A gritty low budget piece of exploitation masquerading as drama from the director of Night Of The Bloody Apes.Recommended.:nod:

Minority Report on Blu Ray.Looked absolutely stunning and the sound was the same.:cool:
Second purchase of this on BR,thanks to Steve flaunting that lovely steelbook...:lol: