Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179448Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I highly recommend the book which is fantastic and makes a lot more sens than the film
Seconded

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
keirarts and MrBarlow like this.
Old 23rd July 2019, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

And I recommend the song To Tame a Land by Iron Maiden, which makes **** all sense if you’ve not read the book or seen the film
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd July 2019, 09:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Wanderers (1979)

Whilst thematically there is nothing of note to connect Kaufman's remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) and his follow up movie The Wanderers(1979).But there are a few scenes that seem to take the movie in a slightly different direction than what is expected. And these scenes all involve the notorious Duckie Boys,a group of seemingly ghostly figures who seem to appear and disappear at will, as a group they act like the pod people, starring demonically at anyone who does not fit in with their group, and usually attack en masse chasing down their prey. And while the rest of the film is a great look at an era that saw a lot of change in music and politics, it also has many things in common with those coming of age films mixed with crude comedy, obviously its source material from Richard Price novel is maybe a bit intelligent than say The Porkys movies and damn more sophisticated than The Lemon Popsicle movies, (hey I Luv those films as well) but they all share the same ideas of teenage boys growing up in a certain time period,and more importantly having some classic songs of that time blasting over the soundtrack, while they try to unhook some poor girl's bra, or more specifically in The Wanderers trying to cop a feel in the street. It is a film full of great set pieces, and all set to some great music, of course, the 1970s went through a stage of 1950/60's retro-themed movies like Grease and of course Happy Days on the television, although they both lacked the visceral gang violence. And let's not forget Erland van Lidth as Terror, the leader of The Baldies, not easily forgotten that's for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wan.jpg (98.8 KB, 5 views)

Old 23rd July 2019, 10:02 PM
Cult Master

maxresdefault-7-1024x576.jpg

Kitty and Evelyn are two sisters who as kids constantly fought and did everything to get the other in trouble. Their grandfather tells them an old legend about their families past a tale of a Red Queen that returns to the family castle every one hundred years and kills seven people. Fourteen years later when the kids are grown up a number of murders take place within their circle of close associates has the Red Queen returned to claim seven more victims.

Beautiful woman great locations some gory kills plenty of twists and turns and a great looking killer with flowing black hair a red cloak a dead face and a crazy laugh to put fear in anyone who hears it. Can't say too much more with giallos anything could spoil it

I loved death by fence it actually made me wince imagining it

7/10
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Whilst thematically there is nothing of note to connect Kaufman's remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) and his follow up movie The Wanderers(1979).But there are a few scenes that seem to take the movie in a slightly different direction than what is expected. And these scenes all involve the notorious Duckie Boys,a group of seemingly ghostly figures who seem to appear and disappear at will, as a group they act like the pod people, starring demonically at anyone who does not fit in with their group, and usually attack en masse chasing down their prey. And while the rest of the film is a great look at an era that saw a lot of change in music and politics, it also has many things in common with those coming of age films mixed with crude comedy, obviously its source material from Richard Price novel is maybe a bit intelligent than say The Porkys movies and damn more sophisticated than The Lemon Popsicle movies, (hey I Luv those films as well) but they all share the same ideas of teenage boys growing up in a certain time period,and more importantly having some classic songs of that time blasting over the soundtrack, while they try to unhook some poor girl's bra, or more specifically in The Wanderers trying to cop a feel in the street. It is a film full of great set pieces, and all set to some great music, of course, the 1970s went through a stage of 1950/60's retro-themed movies like Grease and of course Happy Days on the television, although they both lacked the visceral gang violence. And let's not forget Erland van Lidth as Terror, the leader of The Baldies, not easily forgotten that's for sure.
Been yrs since I've seen this film, and come out same time as Warriors and most likely if someone said have you seen the Wanderes then chances are you'd mention The warriors or vice Versa. Great film that I need to rewatch again.
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:21 PM
Cult Master

51MUVU+6ZgL._SY445_.jpg

Two couples head to a ski resort for a vacation where they bump into a group of horny teens staying in the cabin next to them. This is an awesome ski resort where no actual skiing takes place there is a lot of talk about skiing instructors but we never see any there is more fishing taking place than skiing here so maybe they took a wrong turn and ended up at a fishing resort. The mountain has some sort of curse but the acting is so horrendous that i kept slipping in and out of consciousness so i found it hard to follow the actual story.

The first hour is pretty much pointless where nothing and i mean NOOOOTTTHHHIIING happens just bad dialogue and sitting around acting drunk. When the kills start happening they are so bad not even a bit of force when stabbing someone just more of less holding the knife against someone's skin and every kill is so over dramatic almost enough to rival that first kill in The Mutilator but only almost of course

When it comes to the final reveal i felt ok well i didn't expect that that's sort of cool but once they started to talk and give an explanation as to why they were doing what they were doing i slipped back into unconsciousness and came to the conclusion that this film did have a curse cause it was slowly killing me.

I love a good of shit film but where some bad films have charm and you can forgive them their shortcomings with Satan's Blade you just can't there is no charm well one that i can find anyway.

A complete borefest extravaganza of a film and one i will never revisit.

NOT RECOMMENDED.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 23rd July 2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 23rd July 2019, 10:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

How bizarre. I also watched a snowbound slasher that was underwhelming
It was rather hot today, so to cool down I stuck on Cold Prey . A group of skiers discover a convenient shelter when one of their number comes a cropper. The killer looks reasonably daunting, but generic tis imho.So at least it did its job, as it did leave me cold
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd July 2019, 11:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 217153

Two couples head to a ski resort for a vacation where they bump into a group of horny teens staying in the cabin next to them. This is an awesome ski resort where no actual skiing takes place there is a lot of talk about skiing instructors but we never see any there is more fishing taking place than skiing here so maybe they took a wrong turn and ended up at a fishing resort. The mountain has some sort of curse but the acting is so horrendous that i kept slipping in and out of consciousness so i found it hard to follow the actual story.

The first hour is pretty much pointless where nothing and i mean NOOOOTTTHHHIIING happens just bad dialogue and sitting around acting drunk. When the kills start happening they are so bad not even a bit of force when stabbing someone just more of less holding the knife against someone's skin and every kill is so over dramatic almost enough to rival that first kill in The Mutilator but only almost of course

When it comes to the final reveal i felt ok well i didn't expect that that's sort of cool but once they started to talk and give an explanation as to why they were doing what they were doing i slipped back into unconsciousness and came to the conclusion that this film did have a curse cause it was slowly killing me.

I love a good of shit film but where some bad films have charm and you can forgive them their shortcomings with Satan's Blade you just can't there is no charm well one that i can find anyway.

A complete borefest extravaganza of a film and one i will never revisit.

NOT RECOMMENDED.
I thought exactly the same as you first time round but did give it another go and enjoyed it a lot more second time round.

It helped knowing it was shit.
Old 24th July 2019, 05:01 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought exactly the same as you first time round but did give it another go and enjoyed it a lot more second time round.

It helped knowing it was shit.
Please dont make me sit through that again PLEASE
Old 24th July 2019, 07:26 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Please dont make me sit through that again PLEASE

I hate to say I told you so, but I did lol
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!