Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2019, 05:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I saw Ghost Ship at the cinema and enjoyed it, hadn’t seen it for years until February this year and still liked it enough to give it 3 out of 5 stars on Letterboxd, but I agree the opening is the best bit about it
I've seen it a few times now. It's one that's okay and can be watched every so often. I wouldn't want to get rid of it. Partly because it has a cool lenticular snapper case.
Old 9th August 2019, 05:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've seen it a few times now. It's one that's okay and can be watched every so often. I wouldn't want to get rid of it. Partly because it has a cool lenticular snapper case.
I’ve seen it 3 or 4 times I think, never owned it because I hate snapper cases

I watched it back in February on either Netflix or Amazon Prime because it came up as a suggestion
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th August 2019, 05:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I’ve seen it 3 or 4 times I think, never owned it because I hate snapper cases

I watched it back in February on either Netflix or Amazon Prime because it came up as a suggestion
What did it say?

'You're obsessed with boats in horror films, so watch this!'
Rik likes this.
Old 9th August 2019, 05:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
What did it say?

'You're obsessed with boats in horror films, so watch this!'
Ha ha, pretty sure it was because I’d watched Thir13en Ghosts on there and they’re by the same director, another that I saw at the cinema and quite liked
Demdike@Cult Labs and Deadite like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th August 2019, 06:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ha ha, pretty sure it was because I’d watched Thir13en Ghosts on there and they’re by the same director, another that I saw at the cinema and quite liked
Yeah, i liked 13 Ghosts and House on Haunted Hill.
Rik, Justin101, bleakshaun and 1 others like this.
Old 9th August 2019, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) (1992)
I really fancy watching this but I have packed my Alien set away and I don't know if I can be bothered to find out which box it's in

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th August 2019, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Last Man on Earth 1964.

After the earth is wiped out by a plague, inhabitants are killed or turned into monsters, Robert Morgan has survived and intent on surviving and creating a cure.

Vincent Price stars as the lone surviving member of the human race taking out zombies/vampires while finding a cure. The film starts of a bit slow, and some aspects are shown in flashbacks before the plague but does pick up the pace halfway through. Filmed on a very low budget in Italy, it does have its suspense and tense moments capturing great cinematography by Franco Delli Colli. Worth a watch.
Old 9th August 2019, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post

After the earth is wiped out by a plague, inhabitants are killed or turned into monsters, Robert Morgan has survived and intent on surviving and creating a cure.

Vincent Price stars as the lone surviving member of the human race taking out zombies/vampires while finding a cure. The film starts of a bit slow, and some aspects are shown in flashbacks before the plague but does pick up the pace halfway through. Filmed on a very low budget in Italy, it does have its suspense and tense moments capturing great cinematography by Franco Delli Colli. Worth a watch.
Never seen this. First attempt of cinema to adapt I am Legend by Richard Matheson iirc.
Old 9th August 2019, 08:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post

I've seen this more times than i can remember and one part always frustrates me.

When Price is talking to himself early on he complains that he can't find the lair of the ghouls despite searching every day for three years. They can't stand daylight but surround his house at night then at morning they've gone back into hiding.

Why on earth can't he just follow them to their lair as the sun is coming up? There has to be a point where they leave his house and head to their hideout. Just follow them at a safe distance. It's not rocket science.
Old 9th August 2019, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I've seen this more times than i can remember and one part always frustrates me.

When Price is talking to himself early on he complains that he can't find the lair of the ghouls despite searching every day for three years. They can't stand daylight but surround his house at night then at morning they've gone back into hiding.

Why on earth can't he just follow them to their lair as the sun is coming up? There has to be a point where they leave his house and head to their hideout. Just follow them at a safe distance. It's not rocket science.
I was thinking the same thing while watching it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!