Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179029Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th August 2019, 10:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Tarantino's first film, even being his first film he still puts a lot of directors to shame and is a master at dialogue and it's easy to see his love of pop culture and cinema . We also have a killer soundtrack like most of his films. Never has a torture scene been so unnerving without actually seeing anything . 8.5/10
I love Pulp Fiction and RD (or shall I say City on Fire?)
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th August 2019, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

National Security (2003)

Martin Lawrence (Irritating at first) and Steve Zahn end up working for a security firm together and discover a dastardly police plot whilst they are at it.

An amiable time waster with a lot of action and some decent set pieces. Good LA location work but this film conquers or falls on the chemistry between Lawrence and Zahn which to begin with is over done by Lawrence but by the end it works. Just. Oddly, if it's possible to waste Eric Roberts then this film also manages that.

Seen this a few times over the years and whilst i'd hardly recommend you rush out to see it, it's a film that i'm happy to watch every so often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 220px-National_Security_movie_poster.jpg (29.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 20th August 2019, 11:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tomb of Torture 1963.

A young woman is having nightmares that she is the reincarnation of a Countess, she meets a reporter who is investigating the murder of girls by a creature living in a castle near a village.

This is one of those tongue in cheek horrors that shows the killer at the start and the bumbling police trying to piece everything together, mixed with horror and comedy. Most of the stars in this I don't recognise, it does have the haunted house persona with a mild gothic atmosphere but sadly the plot thins out very slowly, wouldn't recommend to view but best going into it with a open mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tomb-of-terror-4.jpg (22.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 20th August 2019, 11:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Midsommer tbh I've yet to see it but there a extended version of 3hrs (directors cut).

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/201...creened-in-nyc
Old 21st August 2019, 12:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Midsommer tbh I've yet to see it but there a extended version of 3hrs (directors cut).

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/201...creened-in-nyc
Typical there is a tease about it but never sure if it will ever be released
Old 21st August 2019, 01:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blood of Dracula 1957.

New girl at a private school Nancy, having trouble blending in is hypnotised and, is turned into a Vampire.

Low budget B movie that was enjoyable from start to finish, Sandra Harrison plays the new girl is taken under the wing of teacher Miss Branding (Louise Lewis, I was a teenage werewolf) who holds the amulet of hypnotherapy from the carpathian mountains. Nola (Heather Amesbury, How to make a monster) stars as one of the school bullies.

On the same wave length as I Was a, Teenage Werewolf, same sort of plot except different monster, it does have corny music and decent dark atmospheric basement and a cemetary, the acting made it a bit more realistic than some other movies, it may or not be a hidden gem but 50s horror fans would enjoy this. 6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60746466_2221770167877499_8032121080162287616_n.jpg (68.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 21st August 2019, 02:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle 1963.

A masked man roams the corridor of Blackmoor Castle in order to obtain diamonds hidden within the walls.

Karin Dor (You Only Live Twice) plays the niece to the old man Lucious (Rudolph Fernau, Dr Crippen) who runs a diamond smuggling ring from his house to the local Inn. Aside from being set around London, the film was made in Germany and was pretty much badly dubbed. The background score was bit crap, the composer did try to make it spooky and failed. The plot does start off well but declines slowly halfway through until towards the end and picks up, comedy element should have been kept out as I wasn't splitting my sides. Take this with a pinch of salt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (20.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st August 2019, 03:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Strangler of Blackmoor Castle 1963.

A masked man roams the corridor of Blackmoor Castle in order to obtain diamonds hidden within the walls.

Karin Dor (You Only Live Twice) plays the niece to the old man Lucious (Rudolph Fernau, Dr Crippen) who runs a diamond smuggling ring from his house to the local Inn. Aside from being set around London, the film was made in Germany and was pretty much badly dubbed. The background score was bit crap, the composer did try to make it spooky and failed. The plot does start off well but declines slowly halfway through until towards the end and picks up, comedy element should have been kept out as I wasn't splitting my sides. Take this with a pinch of salt.
Is this on dvd?
Old 21st August 2019, 04:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is this on dvd?
https://www.wowhd.co.uk/the-strangle...e/089218422798 £5.70
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st August 2019, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Typical there is a tease about it but never sure if it will ever be released
I'm pretty sure it will but be years down the line when celebrating eg 20 years of its release, or in a ltd edition of both cuts of the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!