Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 85781)
Watched Harpoon last night.Thoroughly enjoyed it.Some nice gore effects.I've seen quite a few reviews saying the movie is crap but I don't know what thiose people were expecting from a film called Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre.It did exeacly what it said on the box.

My god,my typing is atrocious! I do apologize guys. :blush:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 02:45 PM

And you even said 'sorry' the American way! Still, at least you spelled 'Reykjavik' correctly!

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 02:47 PM

:lol: Would you believe It took me a while to try and decide if I would spell it apologize or apologise? I think I need to go back to school :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2010 02:52 PM

I've heard that schools don't mind children using 'American English' and they don't mark them down for writing things like 'color'! That, together with 'txt spk', is probably the next great evolution in the English language. We've come a long way since Chaucer!

snapon 13th June 2010 04:13 AM

Watched films

after the football.watched NIGHTMARE CITY.AKA CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD 1980 UMBERTO LENZI. never seen a movie with so many violent stabbings and womans breast cut off. a good FUN movie.

gag 13th June 2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 85393)
I picked up a DVD of that from a charity shop a few months ago for a quid and I still haven't got around to watching it yet. :o Gabba gabba hey! :rockon:

Basket Case
This film has not aged too well and the low budget stop motion effects and poor acting are something I had previously managed to forget. (I had also forgoten the fact that there is one hell of a lot of screaming!!! :shocked: ) It still has a few great moments of black humour though. I really must try and get around to watching the sequels some time.

4get what u think of effects acting etc i think its a fantastic film total different and extremely enjoyable as a no brainer film .
Been a while since i seen 2 3 one if remember correctly i didnt rate them ill have to rewatch them i might change my mind,

Sam 13th June 2010 09:30 AM

Watched Santa Claws last night - my god, what a pile of crap!! :screams: It's hard to believe some of the people behing Night of the Living Dead had anything to do with this. Looks like they had zero budget but that's not excuse for turning out something as poor as this. Best avioded.

Gojirosan 13th June 2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 85823)
Last night I watched The Uninvited, as the remake of the brilliant Thai horror film A Tale of Two Sisters. I didn't expect it to live up to the brilliance of the original but I didn't expect it to be as utterly devoid of imagination, suspense or horror as it was. David Straithairn is a terrific actor and I have no idea what he was doing in a piece of garbage like this.

That surprises me. I thought it was one of the most accomplished remakes I've yet seen.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th June 2010 11:22 AM

Last night I watched A Lizard in a Woman's Skin which is probably one of Lucio Fulci's most accomplished films, right up there with City of the Living Dead and Don't Torture a Duckling. I'll probably upgrade to the Optimum release at some point due to the improved AV quality but, for now, the Shriek Show/Media blasters patient will do me.

I also watched The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus which is pretty far from vintage Terry Gilliam but is a very good fantasy film and it really was a wonder it was ever finished, due to Heath Ledger's death partway through shooting. It's no 12 Monkeys or Brazil but it's still a wonderful watch and I'll probably watch it again today with Gilliam's commentary.

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th June 2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 85969)
Last night I watched A Lizard in a Woman's Skin which is probably one of Lucio Fulci's most accomplished films, right up there with City of the Living Dead and Don't Torture a Duckling. I'll probably upgrade to the Optimum release at some point due to the improved AV quality but, for now, the Shriek Show/Media blasters patient will do me.

Still waiting on my Optimum dvd to arrive,looking forward to finally seeing the film.

Watched another title from Boulevard's B-Movie collection last night,Return Of The Killer Tomatoes!.You got to love a film where everyone involved knows how crap it is and makes fun of it.The product placement gags were spot on.George Clooney should be proud of this film imo.He gets all the best lines,including the classic, "That's the bravest thing I've ever seen a vegetable do".