Like Tree179449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2019, 06:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
According to my Letterboxd diary i've seen 365 films* so far this year.

That's one a day. Everything else to come is a bonus.

*(I've seen more than that i just can't be arsed or forget to write reviews for everything)
Kudos!

My film watching has taken a hit this year what with catching up on / re-watching a lot of TV shows etc.

You don't need to review everything you watch though... you can just log a film as watched on a certain date and it will add it to your diary.
Old 12th September 2019, 07:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Kudos!

My film watching has taken a hit this year what with catching up on / re-watching a lot of TV shows etc.

You don't need to review everything you watch though... you can just log a film as watched on a certain date and it will add it to your diary.
Yeah i know, i just try and make it a bit more interesting than a simple logging of what i watch diary.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th September 2019, 01:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fancied a nazi zombie film today so I picked out Jess Franco’s Oasis of the Zombies, only the second time I’ve watched this horrendous excuse of a film and this time I only lasted 50 minutes, so long because I was routing through the many boxes of dvds I own looking for a film more worthy of my time on my day off!

Now watching Frankenstein’s Army, a film I enjoyed when I watched it years ago
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2019, 04:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Fancied a nazi zombie film today so I picked out Jess Franco’s Oasis of the Zombies, only the second time I’ve watched this horrendous excuse of a film and this time I only lasted 50 minutes, so long because I was routing through the many boxes of dvds I own looking for a film more worthy of my time on my day off!

Now watching Frankenstein’s Army, a film I enjoyed when I watched it years ago
Is it really that bad, only seen bits of it and keeps coming up on my reccomendations on Amazon
Old 13th September 2019, 04:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Is it really that bad, only seen bits of it and keeps coming up on my reccomendations on Amazon
Put it this way, I’ve watched Zombie Creeping Flesh and Burial Ground this week and the pair of them are Oscar worthy masterpieces compared to the piece of shit that is Oasis of the Zombies! I own that and the equally shit Zombie Lake on blu ray and I couldn’t remember which was the better of the 2, it seems neither is worth anyone’s time
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th September 2019, 04:38 PM
Cult Addict

I quite like Zombie Lake, it's shit but i find it entertaining.

Oasis i watched about a year ago when i got the dvd for a £1 in a charity shop.
I was overcharged.
Deadite likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 13th September 2019, 04:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it actually worse than the one that came before it, Infinity War?
Typically I sort of enjoyed the last one. But this ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th September 2019, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I quite like Zombie Lake, it's shit but i find it entertaining.

Oasis i watched about a year ago when i got the dvd for a £1 in a charity shop.
I was overcharged.
Think I paid £7.99 each for the Redemption blu rays, both blind buys
Old 13th September 2019, 05:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Curse of La Llorona. 2019.

A social worker ignores a plea from a mother in her charge and finds herself cursed by a vengeful spirit.

Another edition into The Conjuring universe, Linda Cardellini (Scooby Doo) plays the mother and social worker) who ignores the pleases of Patricia (Patricia Velasquez, The Mummy Returns) who was targeted by La Llorona. Raymond Cruz (Under Seige) plays the exiled priest turned witch Doctor.

Aside this being a story of folklore/urban myth, this has a very dark tone to it, the plot of the story is a bit thin with one or two jump scenes. The acting was good especially by the children who keep up with the suspense but its not nail biting as its meant to be, wait for the price to drop and don't pay the HMV price i did. 5-6 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5cbdc102fa99af72fd4bc8da-750-423.jpg (30.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 13th September 2019, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It is what it is really.

Here's what i said back in July.

Quote:
I can't help but love Eurocine productions especially the messier ones like this Jess Franco effort.

Made up of scenes cobbled together from other movies - or are other movies cobbled together from scenes from this movie? - it's inept at best and yet also rather fun. It lacks many of Franco's trademarks (No long zoomy sex scenes here, okay, just one) and possesses none of the lurid gore the Italian zombie films were splattering us with at the time and although it's well photographed it's not particularly atmospheric.

In fact Oasis of the Zombies doesn't have an awful lot in it's favour...except the zombies themselves. I love the way they look. All gnarled and (live) worm ridden, just as if they'd actually come out of the ground. Knowing Eurocine, they probably had.

Not recommended but i did find some sort of perverse pleasure in it's shoddiness.

Like this? Share it using the links below!