7/10

8/10

8/10

Now watching Transylvania 6-500
Old 13th September 2019, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dead Silence 2007.

After receiving a package with a ventriloquist doll and his wife's mysterious death, Jamie returns home to Raven's Fair to confront a curse on the families.

From Leigh Whannell and James Wan creators of Saw comes this little gem of a horror based on their own idea of a urban legend of Mary Shaw and her dolls that she had created in her image to find the perfect doll.

It does have its gore moments but not as bad or thrilling as the Saw movies with a twist of a ghost story with its atmospheric tone and creepy background score. Judih Roberts (Eraserhead) dons the creepy make-up as Mary the ventriloquist, Donnie Whalberg as the detective in charge. Ryan Kwanten (True Blood) as Jamie who wants the answers to the curse. This is one for the lights to be out and enjoyed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dead-3-.jpg (54.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 13th September 2019, 08:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hope you enjoy Transylvania 6-500 as much as i did Treb
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 13th September 2019, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula (1979, John Badham)

Well, I had to, didn't I?
It's still a bit stiff tbh. Though the sets are lavish certainly. Is it Shoestring?
He's not that dynamic in his role. The one proper scare still works mind
Next!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th September 2019, 09:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Annabelle Comes Home

Beyond derision. Stoopid people do stupid things with dolls.

Performance

It having been a dogs age since (Channel 4 to be precise)
I perused this last. Chas needs to hide from his associates, overhearing of a place that his colleagues wouldn't know about, he enters a world of shifting identities .... Still a uniquely British film. Must rewatch soonest methinks

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th September 2019, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Leprechaun Returns
Critters Attack

Lumping these together as they are both very lumpy indeed. Yes, I still think that Krytes are cute , but a witless storyline demeans all of us. The little Oirish feller is quite violent tbh, but the female empowerment begins to grate. Humbug!

[B]
Old 13th September 2019, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Leprechaun Returns
Critters Attack

Lumping these together as they are both very lumpy indeed. Yes, I still think that Krytes are cute , but a witless storyline demeans all of us. The little Oirish feller is quite violent tbh, but the female empowerment begins to grate. Humbug!
Damn. I bought Critters Attack today as well.
Old 13th September 2019, 10:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nympha (2007)

The lovely Tiffany Shepis stars in this Italian piece of nunsploitation.

The story of a girl (Shepis) who joins the strict New Order convent in Italy is remarkable in it's unrelenting joylessness. Despite Tiff being au naturel for swathes of it's running time the scenes of lesbian love are somewhat diluted by the fact she undergoes sickening perversions in the name of God throughout the film.

So she has her ear drums perforated with a scalpel, followed by acid dripped into her eyes, her hands horrifically burned and her tongue cut out as well. Not all at once, throughout the film. Shepis is excellent and her portrayal of pain is harrowing and technically the film does well for a low budget production, however it's a joyless ninety minutes and it revels in it's ravishing grimness the likes i've not seen since Martyrs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 124699-nympha-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (31.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 14th September 2019, 08:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Damn. I bought Critters Attack today as well.
Looking back, I feel that watching these 2 and the Banana Splits thingy in the same week may have coloured my view somewhat. All 3 are violent enough etc. But this obsession with 'diversity' is quite insulting considering how Hypocritewood has represented some of them thar 'minorities' in the past. Plus the realisation that only Samuel Jackson is allowed to say the n word now (avoid also the excreta that is the new Shaft (watched at mates' behest)). Ahem. Rant over.

Extreme Prejudice (1987, Walter Hill)

About as macho as it gets tbh. Now that I can see it in a complete fashion that is. Old school in that even the Mehican he look white greeengo . Nolte walks like he has Gary Cooper in his arse. Ironside pouts far more than I remembered. Much hilarity.
I await not the all non binary musical version
Though with Hill, you never can tell ...

[B]
Old 14th September 2019, 01:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

ten-seconds-to-hell-jeff-chandler-everett.jpg
TEN SECONDS TO HELL (1959)

After World War II, a group of ex German soldiers are hired to be bomb disposal in Berlin. They pool half their pay and whoever survives after three months gets the share of the money. There is a particular rivalry between two of the group and a determination to be the last man alive and pocket all the money. Great suspense from Hammer Films.

Like this? Share it using the links below!