Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2019, 01:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

John Wick Chapter 3.

After being declared excominicado, John tries to survive assassins from all sides seeking help, those who help him are giving retribution from the high table.

Third instalment of the John Wick movies, the plot may not be the best, seems to trail off a bit and make little sense but the action and fighting scenes make it worth watching with guns, knives and a axe. Keanu Reeves, Ian Mcshane, Laurence Fishburne reprise their roles and Lance Reddick returns as Charon who seems to have an attachment to the dog with no name. Halle Berry, Anjelica Huston and Mark Dacascos appear in some decent parts. 6-7 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (10.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 28th September 2019, 01:59 PM
Cult Addict

The Killing of a Sacred Deer
A surgeon with a perfect family takes a young boy under his wing and lets him meet his family, however things take a dark turn as his children lose the feeling in their legs.
As much as I loved this film I do find that the dialogue at times seems to be very monotone. Still a very dark film worth checking out.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 28th September 2019, 02:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
A surgeon with a perfect family takes a young boy under his wing and lets him meet his family, however things take a dark turn as his children lose the feeling in their legs.
As much as I loved this film I do find that the dialogue at times seems to be very monotone. Still a very dark film worth checking out.

I think the dialogue delivery was a director choice, I personally liked it, it’s gives the film a strange feeling when you watch it.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th September 2019, 03:45 PM
Cult Addict

What We Do in The Shadows
A documentary crew are given crucifixes and follow a group fo vampires in New Zealand.
Absolutely loved this film, just a shame Petyr never got more of a role.

Old 28th September 2019, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict

If you liked the WWDITShadows film you should give the new T.V series spin off a go, i enjoyed that too.
It takes a few episodes to get into it's stride as it is a new set of vampires but it was pretty funny too.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 28th September 2019, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
If you liked the WWDITShadows film you should give the new T.V series spin off a go, i enjoyed that too.

It takes a few episodes to get into it's stride as it is a new set of vampires but it was pretty funny too.
I was planning on doing it

Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th September 2019, 05:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night of The Creeps 1986.

In 1959 an alien experiment crashes to earth and a parasite infects a frat member and his body is frozen. 30 years later two guys try to get into a frat house accidentally thaw out the body releasing parasites into the community.

This was like a tribute to the 50s B movies with a laugh and full of cheeseness along with it. Jason Lively (European Vacation) plays the unlikely hero in this and Tom Atkins (The Fog) plays the tough detective. As it may seem daft and funny in some ways it does have a seriousness of the horror genre to it and plenty of heads exploding. Didn't have me screaming like a banshee but it did thrill me . 7-8 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 28th September 2019, 06:43 PM
Cult Addict

National Lampoon's Animal House
A couple of freshers join Delta and get caught up in their hijinks. At the same time the Dean wants to get rid of the frat for their degeneracy.
A classic simple as. Nothing I can say will add anything new.

Old 28th September 2019, 10:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One Day Removals (Mark Stirton)

The Scottish After Hours
An "easy job" turns into a richt palaver and nae mistake
It still makes me laugh. Anyone south of the Grampian region micht hae bother wi the dialogue, but there's aye the subtitles ken fit like?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th September 2019, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

An interesting change of pace to the original Cloverfield film which opts to go down the psychological horror path rather than the previous found footage monster mash route as Mary Elizabeth Winstead wakes from a car accident to find herself chained up in what seems like John Goodman's nuclear bunker. What follows is a character piece, a low budget one at that, as Winstead also finds John Gallagher Jr. seemingly hostage in Goodman's bunker too.

Whilst the film remains enjoyable it lacks tension. The lack of characters and basically single confined space works against proceedings somewhat and surprises fell flat because i found them contrived and easy to figure out in a film that came across as dialogue heavy even though performances were all pretty good.

Come the end the overall impression was of an okay but instantly forgettable film and not one i'd want to watch again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mHP0007_1024x1024.jpg (83.3 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!