Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2019, 04:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Thats an odd choice for you in the middle of Octoberween Dem?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Need something earlier in the evening to escape the constant horror.

Tonight it will be football, Celeb Masterchef and the last two episodes of Michael Portillo traveling by train from Windsor to Portland.
Old 12th October 2019, 12:29 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

default.jpg

I really enjoyed Breaking Bad so i was pretty excited when i heard that this was coming to Netflix to see what they would do with it. El Camino kicks off right where season 5 ended and ties up what happened to Jesse after he escaped Uncle Jack and his neo nazi gang. It was great to see a few familiar faces even if they weren't around for long. Not much a can say to avoid spoilers ill just say it was nice to have a loose end tied up. Aaron Paul is fantastic showing how fragile Jesse is after everything he has seen and been through he is desperate and broken he knows he can never make things right but he can do right by himself.

If you watched the show this is a must if not Breaking Bad is well worth your time before you watch this.
Old 12th October 2019, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 219849

I really enjoyed Breaking Bad so i was pretty excited when i heard that this was coming to Netflix to see what they would do with it. El Camino kicks off right where season 5 ended and ties up what happened to Jesse after he escaped Uncle Jack and his neo nazi gang. It was great to see a few familiar faces even if they weren't around for long. Not much a can say to avoid spoilers ill just say it was nice to have a loose end tied up. Aaron Paul is fantastic showing how fragile Jesse is after everything he has seen and been through he is desperate and broken he knows he can never make things right but he can do right by himself.

If you watched the show this is a must if not Breaking Bad is well worth your time before you watch this.

Never watched a episode of Breaking Bad, but for all those who don't own it can buy it from HMV on blu ray complete series for £11.99.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 12th October 2019, 04:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Never watched a episode of Breaking Bad, but for all those who don't own it can buy it from HMV on blu ray complete series for £11.99.
But it, it's a crime not get this amazing show at this price. Unless you have Netflix then watch it their.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th October 2019, 08:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

When Harry Met Sally. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are two New Yorkers determined to prove that men and women can be the best of friends without sex getting in the way. Good luck with that. Carrie Fisher and Bruno Kirby co-star in this late 80s romantic comedy that's still very funny and sweet. I have seen this once before, but it was a very long time ago (we're talking decades).
Old 13th October 2019, 10:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
But it, it's a crime not get this amazing show at this price. Unless you have Netflix then watch it their.
I've got all series except 4th, I've had a busy year this year so not got round to watching as much TV films as would like to, house is up for sale so we hopefully we be moving soon .
Once we have got settled in and other things and situations have calmed down then I'll buy season 4 and binge watch it, same goes for other stuff what I've bought as well.
Old 15th October 2019, 09:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Shazam! A teenage boy is blessed/cursed with superpowers by a dying wizard. Seems pretty fun at first - until they get him and his new foster family targeted by a super-villain. This tongue-in-cheek 2019 flick is moderately entertaining for the most part, marred by the Yet Another Superhero Movie syndrome and a predictable CGI-fest ending.
Old 15th October 2019, 11:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Didn't want anything too heavy so ditched my Octoberthon again and re-watched John Carter, the Disney adaptation of Burroughs books where a man is transported to Barsoom (Mars) and encounters all sorts of weird cultures. I think i'm right in saying this film flopped at the cinema, but its nowhere near as bad as all that. I find it entertaining even if Taylor Kitsch seems miscast (although to be fair, he looks awkward in pretty much everything i've seen him in, so maybe he's just not a very good actor). Go Virginia!
Old 17th October 2019, 11:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

John Carter is a wee treat alright.

Shark! (1969, Samuel Fuller)

Where do I start with this one?
Fuller's penultimate film. He wasn't party to the editing to it (wildly chequered production history aside), so do not come expecting his usual standard visually. Regardless, it's business as usual; what with the amorality a gogo that you do expect from his characters . Burt's so rugged etc .
Did I mention Barry Sullivan playing a drunken doctor (in a fez!!!)?? And also the child character calld Runt, who is seen smoking a cigar at one point (and NO, it's nae Peter Bark ahahaha). The print of this Prism dvd was like mud in milk, so I will be getting the Troma BD sharpish.
Did I mention it was a Troma film? Distrubuted by them anyhow cough. A real death that occured during the filming is ruthlessly exploited, which does make for a queasy scene or two. Crivvens etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BRS.jpg (41.7 KB, 4 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2019, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blackmail

Woooh female parent. I do pick them. Roger Rees. Yes, that Roger Rees
Ostensibly an 'action thriller" ... think more Samurai Cop than John Wick mind
Bokeem and crew try their mitts at some .... guess then?
They select the wrong candidate. Mayhem ensues. SBU. RECOMMENDED.
One of those you can't quite believe you are watching. You know, the good ones

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!