Like Tree179039Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2019, 09:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Eaten Alive 1980.

A young woman searching for her sister teams up with a adventurer travels to the jungle of New Guinea and finds a religious cult and cannibals.

Another classic by Umberto Lenzi film with Robert Kerman (Cannibal Holocaust), Janet Argen (City Of The Living Dead). Part of the film seemed loosely based on Jim Jones with the fresh cool aid drink. Ivan Rassimov (Deep River Savages) takes on the role as religious fanatic Jonas. This film does have it's errors and laughable moments and has it's splatter parts, some bits seemed to be missing or edited out (Vipco edition) is there a new version of this been released.
As far as I'm aware sev companies have released this uncut even on blu ray, but I'm pretty sure none by a British company .

I've checked on DVD rewind for you

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2252. DVD

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=45529. Blu ray
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 3rd November 2019, 01:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)

An old fashioned style adventure based on a true story but rather embellished, which stars Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas on the hunt for two lions that attacked and killed workers at Tsavo, Kenya during the building of the Uganda-Mombasa Railway in East Africa in 1898.

Featuring real lions and shot on location in South Africa, to look at the film is very promising, the lion attacks are well filmed and realistic - thankfully this was before the time of todays cartoon like CGI for everything routine - and Stephen Hopkins generates some real tension, but it's a film that's far from perfect.

Whilst Val Kilmer as the military engineer is fine, Michael Douglas' big game hunter comes across as a bit of a caricature cross between Indiana Jones and Han Solo. The originally asked Sean Connery and Anthony Hopkins you'd think would have done a better job but we'll never know. John Kani as Samuel the foreman on the railway, easily takes the acting honours with an accomplished performance and seems the one person best suited to screenwriter William Goldman's actual script.

I last saw this at the cinema and whilst it loses some spectacle on the small screen it's still an entertaining adventure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41hWyYvvjDL.jpg (27.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 3rd November 2019, 01:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Again?

Seriously IT 2 was even worse than the first.
Yet again, an overabundance of
'ad ons' fudge the issue. Merde!! Avoid.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 3rd November 2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: sheeeesh
Old 3rd November 2019, 07:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I know not quite films what you've seen but Seeing as there been mention of death wish films here a authentic death wish 2 quad poster for sale might interest someone £34.99

I'd buy it but got my eye on 4 posters at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-QUAD-D...cAAOSwnMBaibiP

3 being David Croneneberg Rabid for buy it now for £40 which ill get next weekend, its seen better days but for £40 not bad really, and less than half hr to go on Scanners price is £26 at the moment, and naked lunch same less than a hr and around £8 at the moment .
I am aiming to get all David cronenberg posters but I'm fully aware some will be £100 + mark eg videodrome .
MrBarlow likes this.

Last edited by gag; 3rd November 2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ahem.

Bog (1979, Don Keeslar)

Noo this is more like it. Regional US mayhem as two leveller heads try to solve a mystery in the midst of rednecks. Third tier psychout with some of the dissolves etc. Recommended to fans of the like.

Private School (1983, Noel Black)

What an odd title song. It sort of sets you up for a different kind of movie. Not that there isn't any flesh on show cough. Watched primarily to see Phoebe Cates and Matthew Modine squirm through their dialogue
Witless 80s dross otherwise.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd November 2019, 10:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Pieces (1983)

Graphic gore, high exploitation and the wondrous Jack Taylor lift this Spanish slasher to levels it barely deserves.

A film that is ploddingly average yet bewilderingly brilliant at the same time. Pieces is one on it's own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f3c1b0a74a34f3ba7c276ef80bab7fee.jpg (92.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:18 PM
Active Cultist

movies 2.jpg

Spiderman & Eastern Condors a couple of weeks ago, 3 days to kill, was a movie I watched on tv while I was on holiday, it's not even worth mention, it's just plain boring, after that I managed to watched:

Dirty Dozen - war classic, a true inspiration for the Eastern Condors, but funny enough I think EC it's funnier, and more entertaining, obvious the character development on the Dirty Dozen it's much better. anyway both movies are worth watching.

Los Ojos Azules de la Muneca Rota - Giallo in Spanish? Paul Naschy? Lovely 3 actress ? Sold Sold and Sold. the funniest part about this movie, it's before the killer kills his victims, a French lullaby plays, a song that my mum used to sing to me when I was a kid, maybe she watched this movie? Maybe she is a secret giallo lover!! Recommend

Dolemite is my Name: I love Eddie Murphy old movies, when I saw the trailer for this one, I though, looks funny, but it really isn't. It's too long, a problem that seems to affect all this new movies nowadays. Never watched the original Dolemite but the movie left me with that desire.

Dragon Ball Z - Brolly Story - a colleague of mine overheard once me talking about Japanese animation, so he decided to lend me this movie, not sure if anyone saw the original Dragon Ball Z, this is just the same with new CGI. For fans only.

The Manson Family - Oh my gosh! What a trip, what a movie - bought this movie on ebay a couple of months ago, was in the shelf for sometime - the only regret I have was not watched earlier - finally a movie that doesn't treat the killers and Manson like a pop star, it's a killer that terrorize people during his decade - no barriers hold on this one, and thank you for that Mr. Jim Van Bebber now I need to buy the Deadbeat at dawn from Arrow
Old 3rd November 2019, 11:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rabid (2019)

Oooooh. A big shiny reimagining of the DC plague film. Nods here and there to the source geezer complement a grisly if facile flick.
Oddly compelling .... if a bit too GaGa at times ahem.

[B]
Old 4th November 2019, 12:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Seriously IT 2 was even worse than the first.
Yet again, an overabundance of
'ad ons' fudge the issue. Merde!! Avoid.
Didn't like first one found it dull, boring , clown was barely in it, and felt like a bad stand by me horror style , that's why I've no interest in the sequel, of course I'll watch it but when ?
bugger knows but be more later than sooner ..
Over hyped as far as I'm concerned .
Old 4th November 2019, 05:16 PM
Cult Master

Just back in town from Dublin first stop the cinema to see Joker. Will post a review when its over.

Like this? Share it using the links below!