Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mbv 17th June 2010 12:42 AM

Mad Max 2 along with the Thing my most watched movies. We used to watch these two at least twice a week after school in secondary

Was on Sky Showcase HD. Need to pick up this on BD

Pete 17th June 2010 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
K3 - Prison of Hell:

Attachment 5831

re.form 17th June 2010 07:46 PM

Somers Town

DeadAlive 17th June 2010 09:55 PM

Justice, My Foot.
Considering the number of talented people involed (Stephen Chow, Anita Mui, Leung Kar Yan - Directed by Johnnie To.) this should have been entertaining at least. I was actually bored with some of this. There are a few good moments but a lot of the comedy went over my head. It may be a cultural thing as this was a very successful film when released in Asia. I will return to this in a few months and give it a second go.

Deadly Strike
Another version of "The Dirty Dozen" story sees Bruce Li as the new law in town hand picking a band of convicts to go defeat a rather nasty gangster played by the ever reliable Chan Sing. This is one of those throwaway films that passes 90 minutes effortlessly enough, but don't expect it to stay in your mind for long. Some of the choreography is quite brutal which is always a plus for me with these old skool types.

pedromonkey 17th June 2010 10:03 PM

watched this pretty decent WW2 film yesterday called Hart's War, with Bruce Willis and Colin Farrel, interesting film and beautifully shot..

Got disney's new 2D animated film for tonight, The Princess and The Frog, as it's the first traditional animated film from disney since the abysmal Home on The Range, Ive not got high hopes for it...

Sargento 18th June 2010 12:24 PM

My Mya DVD release of ...

Four Flies

.. Has just arrived!!!

Years since I saw a bizarrely dubbed VHS copy of this! Really looking forward.

:pound:

Gojirosan 18th June 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 87198)
My Mya DVD release of ...

Four Flies

.. Has just arrived!!!

Years since I saw a bizarrely dubbed VHS copy of this! Really looking forward.

:pound:

Everyone goes on about the problems with this release, but the fact is it's very decent for what it is - enjoy!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th June 2010 05:27 PM

I saw The Princess and the Frog at the cinema and thought it was absolutely brilliant, even back to the good old days of Disney films like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

Sargento 18th June 2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 87201)
Everyone goes on about the problems with this release, but the fact is it's very decent for what it is - enjoy!

D'ya think it was cos' fanboys were expecting a release by the likes of Blue Underground rather than Mya??

:blush:

Pete 19th June 2010 07:52 PM

St Valentines Day Massacre - average Roger Corman film.